December 28, 2014 | 2127 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I like this it is like a mix of MAC chili and brick o la it applies well and looks nice it is a universal color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by nainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This would definitely be one of my favorite MAC lipsticks that I own which I wear/can wear everyday because although it's a red its a peachy-brown red so it's quite subtle unlike Ruby Woo or Russian Red.

Since the finish is 'satin' my lips doesn't feel that dry after application. In my photo I have just one layer on. If you apply 2 or 3 layers it can get darker than that.

Oh and all MAC lipsticks smell heavenly anyway so I wouldn't even have to really be mentioning that :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this lipstick twice already. When I first bought it at my local counter, the lady helping me said it wasn't a color she reached for often when recommending to customers, but that it was gorgeous and she would start doing so. By the time I came in to repurchase, they were out of stock. Why? Because this shade, while a bit unexpected, is totally gorgeous.

It is a deep, terracotta color, redder than Bric o la and Cream in your Coffee, which tend towards orangey/brown, and deeper/more dramatic than Twig, Fast Play or Spice is Nice, which are more muted. I don't think the pictures posted here do it justice - they make it appear lighter and more reddish, whereas it is definitely deeper and richer. This looks great on warm toned skin of all shades - I first purchased it when I was very pale (NC20), and preferred the color then, though it still looks gorgeous now that I have a tan.

I love this color because it has all the glamour and boldness of a red lip, but gives a slightly more sophisticated and demure look. I only rated it four stars because, as mentioned by others, the texture is slightly drying (although this is what you'd expect from Mac mattes). Make sure you moisturize your lips before applying, and I definitely recommend using a liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by vsuberc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very unique deep rust/terracotta lipstick color with good opaque coverage. I would not refer to it as a "red" like many reviewers below, since there are really no obvious red tones in the lipstick like you would find in a warm brick red color like Rouge Basque from Nars. I have NC 20 skin and this color is beautiful on me although it is a bit on the dramatic side - I usually save it for weekends and evenings. It goes perfectly with Mac's lipliner in Chicory. The only reason I am giving it 4 starts is because I find this lipstick (along with all Mac satin lipsticks) rather drying.

The images make it look much brighter and red tone than I find the color to be, so I definitely recommend trying it on at the Mac counter and walking around with it in natural sunlight before purchasing. This color is definitely for warm skin tones only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous and so wearable! I selected this for a first date today and it stayed all through brunch. I coated my lips in Dior's universal lip liner before applying and it didn't budge one bit and went on so smoothly. It's what I call an underaged red. With a bit of Fresh's sugar lip balm over top it is flawless, I could see it being drying by itself so I recommend keeping something conditioning on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

It's all been said before me. Gorgeous, wearable, peachy, pinky, chocolate brown. I add a touch of clear gloss for shine. Great everyday color and I'm always looking for those!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

WOW. This just might be my all time favorite lipstick. Lovely softely muted rich peachy pink red. Can be dabbed on for a daytime look and layered up for an evening look. This is such a great lipstick if your tired of everything else being too saturated, too bright, too light or too cool toned. This is fantastic for warm or neutral/warm toned skin. Looks great with neutral brown eyeshadow looks. I have to buy an extra so I always have one in my purse. If you layer it over lip balm - you can get a more sheer look - but without it the Satin texture has good staying power but not as dry as say a matte lipstick.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought Retro years ago on a whim, but never wore it. Found it while I was cleaning out my linen closet, tried it on, and fell in love! The tube I had was "expired," so I got a new one as a B2M. Have been wearing it with Hover lipliner. I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing it--the latest was "sophisticated mami"! Great for day or evening wear and lasts even through lunch and coffee.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by littleneptune

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I may stray in order to experiment, but I always seem to come back to this lovely muted brick red. It's a great shade that suits my Autumn/ NC 25 skin, yet I could see it working on a variety on different skin tones because it's a warm red, but it's not orange. It acts as a "my lips but better" shade on me. Highly pigmented, so the lipstick lasts.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by alaras

This is my favourite red lipstick from Mac. It's more of a brown red. A little dry as it is matte. Colour is special in my opinion.