January 31, 2015 | 927 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2015 8:08:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousKaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this originally to use as a highlighter (well, duh, that's what it's for), only to find out that it is way too shimmery for daily use, at least on my face. I DO like it as an eyeshadow, however- it's very good for highlighting the brow-bone and blending with other, darker colors to make them less intense.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kendrarose33

just recently purchased this and i am obsessed! i love how natural it looks on my skin and it is the perfect highlight. although pricey, it is definitely worth it as i use it every single day under my eyes, on my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose. definitely a new staple in my makeup collection!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ammurph2

The powder is a beautiful highlight, but is very yellow, close to even orange. Looks quite orange on my medium/tan skin. Not a nice, bright, neutral highlight I was hoping for. Very warm and highly taste specific. The reviews for Albatross are great so I was excited for this product, but it just didn't look right on my skin...had to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to like this product. It was the first high end highlighter I ever purchased and reviews had me sold especially hearing that it's great on medium-dark skin tones so I bought Albatross and the first time I wore it, I was on my way to a lunch date with my husband. I looked in the mirror in the car and it looked so bad. It looked so yellow and it didn't just melt into my skin. It just sat right on top and looked terrible. I used a light hand and blended it but it just looks so unnatural and harsh. My husband told me not to wear it again. I've tried using it a couple times after that but I just don't like it. I do like it on my eyes though. That's the only thing so I will not repurchase ever! So dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I love how this stuff shows up plain white, but when I swipe a gorgeous candlelight glow pops up. It's very sexy, yellowish gold glow. My issue with it is that it has little staying power. I know that's what primer is for, but even with primer I feel like I just get a few hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this daily as my highlight and really like it. I can understand others' complaints that it pulls a bit yellow, but as my skin has slightly warm undertones it looks fine on me. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect brush to apply this as it often get a little 'everywhere' in the morning, but it just takes a second to buff out the edges to a lovely finish. My best method thus far is to use half of a stipple brush to sweep it on strategically, but I'm sure there are brushes made for this that might serve the purpose better.

Pros:
* natural finish
* great glowy quality
* smooth application
* blendable
* a little goes a long way

Cons:
* can be a bit yellow
* best if applied carefully

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great gold toned highlighter. I gave mine to a friend because I wasn't really using it. On occasion I would mix it with my pink blushes to make them look more like NARS Orgasm, but then I got wise and just bought the darn Orgasm blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EPIC! Best highlighter out there by far for all skin tones!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by WChea

Pretty disappointed with this highlighter. I wear C2 in FNB foundation for MAC. I'm asian with light-medium skin and this looks way too yellow on me. It looked promising from the reviews but when I tried it out, it was this yellowy shimmery mess. It would probably look better on tanned skin or less yellow complexions.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by sarapeno

From looking at the package, it looks like it would be chalky, very pale, super yellow, and not very flattering. In reality, it's beautiful.

A light dusting on a small brush (it's easy to use too much on a big brush, since it's pretty pigmented) just gives a little golden glow, not overly shimmery. It's even okay during the day if you're careful about not using too much, and is completely magical for dramatic evening makeup.