September 1, 2014 | 1053 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - 115 African Queen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the little bow on the lid it's so cute but not the reason I bought it :) I love this lip gloss and that is really saying something as I am not a lip gloss person at all - don't like sticky or having my hair glued to my face - no thanks!

But this is different - not overly sticky/ tacky, smells like bubblegum, goes on nicely and doesn't wear off giving you those gloopy bits on your lips eew. This colour seems to go the distance and last on your lips for hours.

Love the colour a vibrant magenta pink - really gives off some pop worn on it's own or layered over a pale pink lip it goes a beautiful milky soft magenta pink - love it. Cheap as chips too and comes with a decent amount of product - thanks NYX.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great drugstore buy. It's a nice fuscia lipgloss with a purple sheen. It changes colour in the light but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a duochrome. It looks great on its own, it fades from a nice bright pink-purple to a nice bright pink. It also works well layered over other lipsticks, I really like wearing it over MAC Impassioned.

It has the same kind of artificial cherry-candy smell the other NYX mega shines have. I personally don't mind it but it doesn't appeal to everyone. It could wear longer but for a drugstore product it's decent.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought African Queen in 2007, and I'd kill to find the color at a local store. This was my favorite and first lip gloss with color. This lip gloss is absolutely beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG lip gloss! This color is so beautiful on my NW45 skin! Being a WOC my pink lip choices are already limited but this color which is a blue based fuchsia is so pretty on me. I can wear it alone or on top of NYX Fusion lipstick for a more pigmented look. It wears for a good 3-4 hours without a touchup. Beautiful affordable color and WOC friendly. Check it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous bright warm fuchsia thatís greatly purple based with red tones. It also has extremely tiny electric icy purple/blue duo chrome shimmers giving it dimension. I wear this on top of Macís violetta & line the lips with Mac vino. A great trio with shades all complements each other. Since its red based I must pair it with a darker lip liner & lip color because red based fuchsias require manipulation for my neutral skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Sweetdreamberries

This is a very cool color...............fushia with purple shimmer.
But I am giving it a 3 because I honestly don't think I will wear it much.
The color looks really weird on me, maybe the color just clashes with me skin tone or something.
I only purchased the African Queen because during my research on various NYX lip gloss colors, many blogs kept recommending this color as the "wonderful surprise".

I would recommend this color to darker skinned girls ~
Me in my light asian skin tone.........looks like I am prepping for Halloween.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As always, one of my favourite lip gloss and this summer I have not been able to get enough of this shade! It's unlike anything I have in my collection. It sways both pink and purple and I love the bold look it draws to my face. And like most of their lipglosses, these are pigmented, non-sticky, and long-lasting! I think it's worth having in a collection, it's definitely interesting!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Rachell32480

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

For reference, I'm NW45/NC50/Revlon ColorStay Cappucino with full pigmented lips. It's fuchsia with blue tones that gives me moderate coverage. It's like the lip gloss version of Revlon Wild Orchid. It looks great on my complexion, but I don't wear it all the time b/c I don't feel the blue tones are appropriate for professional settings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love NYX's Mega shine lip glosses and this is another great shade. It probably looks better on darker skin-tones (not a huge fan of pale skin and dark lips) but the quality is really good. It has a strong cherry scent (that reminds a lot of people of cough syrup) but I think it's one of the best tasting/smelling lip glosses out there. Would repurchase.
P.S. - This lip gloss is not to be confused with NYX's Round lip gloss in Queen of africa which is similar but the color is slightly darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i'm the brown girl in the pic above with african queen on.

it's awesome! this is one of the best color and texture lipglosses i've had in a long while. the color looks wonderful against my nw43 (brown) skin. it lasts, smells light and pleasant, isn't sticky, can be worn with liner or over lipstick, is buildable. it has the flat spongey brush but it's not an issue, application is a breeze. i'm super happy with this. not a bad thing to say!

** i find this works optimally over lipstick. when i wear it alone the color is great but it fades faster and i get a few peelies. i'm sure that's just the nature of lipgloss but i won't wear this alone, only over lipstick going forward **