September 15, 2014 | 1036 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**By the way, this listing is for coconut oil as a cleanser, there are separate reviews for coconut oil for hair and body. It gets confusing when people review for more than one use in the wrong listing.**

Don't get me wrong, I love coconut oil, a lot. I love to eat it, I love it in my hair, etc. But I was always scared to try it on my face. I am clog prone and had previously tried other oils for cleansing and usually what would happen is my open/picked at areas would clear and rejuvenate but after about a week I would get bumps again, usually around the jaw line. To be fair, I always have bumps and acne, so I don't even know what to blame for it, but if something is not helping then it I don't continue. So recently, I figured I may be over drying myself and I'll try coconut oil as a cleansing method. Like usual, my cuts cleared quickly and my skin felt like it was improving. But after about a week, I got a major amount of bumps on my forehead, which is not the usual spot after OCM and I actually thought it was heat rash. But it spread to my cheeks and basically, I had blackheads, whiteheads and tiny micro bumps ALL OVER that couldn't even be extracted or treated. It's been over a week since I stopped and I'm still dealing with it. I'm not oily skinned, but the coconut was just too clogging for me (as all seem to be, but I was right to think coconut would be more so). So as much as I love it, I absolutely can NOT use it on my face. I only gave two lippies because it made my skin so soft I hate to give it one. I know it helps a lot of people but for me, it just didn't, even rinsing thoroughly with a warm washcloth and sometimes using a bit of cleanser to make sure it was off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't even bother with body lotion anymore. I've been using this and it keeps my skin super soft and smooth. I've used it for eye cream which I dab a little on and I haven't had any pimples. Also used it as a foot cream, moisturise my hair after apply to my body, and used it to polish my wood furniture. The possibilities are endless with this stuff. You will not be disappointed at all with this oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Marknomad

I think coconut oil is the best treatment of acne, i'm suggesting this product to you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Michaela264

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix extra virgin coconut oil with turmeric powder and yoghurt to make me favourite face mask for my acne scars( left by cystic acne)! It's very moisturizing and minimizes the irritation turmerix may cause!

I think it's a great substitute for olive oil whem I'm making my turmeric mask, because my skin is very sensitive and olive oil sometimes causes my break outs. Sometimes I also mix coconut oil with Vaseline to make a quick homemade lip balm in winter, it makes my lips very soft and moisturized!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for so many things. I cannot picture my life without it. Awesome makeup remover, great on nails, oil pulling, cooking, hair mask. Love love love! Doesn't make me break out and I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by libwyman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh my god where do I start...

Coconut oil has truly saved my skin. I have tried for so so long 100s of different moisturisers to try and rid my horrible dry, flaky skin on my forhead due to eczema.. not pretty! especially when adding foundation into the mix to try and hide the horrid redness on my face. I was a flaky mess for months!

I heard from a friend that she was using coconut oil on her extremely dry lips so I thought to give it a try. I applied about a teaspoon of this oil on my face and neck before going to sleep. When i woke up I already noticed an improvement in my skin, something i had almost given up on seeing.

2 months later I can proudly name coconut a HOLY GRAIL product for me as my flaky skin has aaaaalmost completely cleared. Its also extremely cheap and so easy to find. Its also extremely versitile as I also use it too shave my legs and as a hair mask.

HOLY GRAIL is not a title I give away easily but I was extremely happy to give it to coconut oil :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

NOTE: I do NOT ever use this on my face. It breaks me out something awful. Thankfully, it has many other uses for me. I've been using it as a post-shower body lotion and it works pretty great. It absorbs faster than I'd expected and smells light, but nice. It's obviously not a harsh, synthetic, or strong scent. It leaves my skin very smooth, even my perpetually coarse elbows. I've also used coconut oil on my hair, a la hot oil treatment. Since I started co-washing, my hair hasn't needed too much babying, so I've not been using oil as much, but it works for that as well. It could be a good sealer/leave-in for those with less easily weighed down hair than my fine strands. I also eat coconut oil. It's tasty, and I believe full of the good-for-you fats. I tried some in my coffee(with milk, no sugar) and it was pretty yummy, though left a bit of an oily residue on the rim. C'est la vie, I still liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JustEissler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fairly oily skin so I avoid putting coconut oil anywhere near my face, but I've found that it works great on my legs after shaving. The smell is much nicer than the artifical scents that are usually so prominent in creams and soaps, and I found a gigantic jar for only ten bucks at the grocery store, which is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cooking, Beauty, Massage and topical applications.
Very versatile - be sure to get pure food grade if you plan to ingest it.

Good for saponification and topical aromatherapeutic (carrier) purposes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG product! I use it as a hair mask, as an eye makeup remover, as a body moisturizer, and as an overnight facial moisturizer. I have been using this about 2.5 years on my face and am very pleased with the results. Prior to that I spent literally thousands of dollars on skin care products that didn't work as well for me. I use a good serum first, and follow up with coconut oil mixed with a few drops of vitamin E oil. I even use it in lieu of an eye cream at night. I prefer it in its oil form when using it on my face, so I put the container in hot water for a few minutes while I clean my face. I love this stuff! I have dry skin and this has really cleared it up and changed the texture of my skin. Can't recommend highly enough!