April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Pure Grace Perfumed Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always loved the Pure Grace scent, it smells like I just stepped out of the shower! So fresh! While I do use the body wash, I've never tried the lotion until a week ago. Passing by the sample bottle at Macy's, pumped a bit into my hand and smoothed it over my hands and arms, yum! I actually really liked the feel of the lotion, very smooth and it lasted for hours on me as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by keetandkeiko

Although this lotion is a bit on the pricy side, it does work well with my skin. It's not irritating! It definitely has a sunscreen smell, and reminds me a lot of a summer day. Definitely a good signature smell

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by brilliantbrunette34

My skin DRINKS this after a hot shower. It makes me feel 200% clean. It is a bit pricey, but I feel like I use less of it than any normal lotion. My skin does not feel oily or slippery immediately after use which is another plus :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by eyejayare

Concerning this actual product (ie the lotion) - it's pleasant but for the price, not anything special. I really hate the scent of this line of products. A family friend has sent me packages for birthdays for the past five years with Pure Grace perfume, body lotion and other products and I find the scent gets right up my nose and irritates me a fair bit. The smell is really odd - It's a nice enough smell but just incredibly strong (compared to my Jo Malone body creams it's really long lasting scent). The smell is too powerful for me (which never happens) and I find it to be a bit like the heavy smell of Chloe perfume - really weighty. The smell is super gross (and smells really cheap and nasty after a while). The cream is really nice though - I use it on my elbows and knees and sometimes when I shave my legs just to get rid of it and the moisture does last for ages. Shame about the smell - would buy again if reformulated though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is an extravagance but I can't help myself. The fragrance is light but memorable (the word "clean" comes to mind) and every time I put it on I feel like I am doing a little something special for ME. If used with the body spray, it leaves enough scent to linger throughout the day. It is not inexpensive however I use a coupon or some other discount at Beauty Brands or Ulta to buy it. In addition to the great fragrance, it is a very good lotion for dry skin. Not just a pretty face! Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

I started with this as a sample size from TJ Maxx (so very inexpensive) and liked it so much I asked for one of their jumbo pumps for my birthday.

Price--ouch. And I know there are higher ones out there!

Packaging--nice pump, but I think the slogan is meh.

Product--love this stuff. Love the scent, which means something, as I typically like my lotions completely devoid of any smell. It's nice nice enough to use as a fragrance. I find the product itself to be smooth and absorbent. When I run out, it will have to go back on a wishlist though, due to the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by nkar23

love love love love love love love LUV this scent. too bad its hella pricey!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by babyhutch

I haven't been using this product for very long but so far I really like it. My body skin is generally pretty normal but I'm hugely pregnant right now so my skin is feeling dryer and tighter than normal. I've also been spending time in the pool to get away from the heat and the chlorine is drying my skin out a bit. That being said I personally find this lotion moisturizing enough but if you've got really dry skin or you're dealing with brutally cold weather it may not be enough for you. I love the fact that it sinks in quickly, nothing is worse in hot humid weather than being sticky after a shower. The scent is clean, crisp and pretty much exactly like the Pure Grace perfume. If you like the perfume you'll like this, if you hate it...you can guess the rest. It is on the pricy side and it takes about 8-10 pumps to cover my body so I'm afraid it may go quickly. If it does and I'm still hooked on it, I'll order the super size from QVC since it seems to be the best deal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a small bottle of this hoping I would experience the same clean scent everyone else does. The spray fragrance smelled just like sunscreen and diaper cream to me, and sadly the lotion does to. The lotion itself is an ok formula. Not quite moisturizing enough for me but not terrible. The idea of a soapy smell is lovely, the reality of Desitin is not! I thought I was crazy so I asked my husband what he thought it smelled like and he said sunscreen and diaper cream too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Philosophy body lotions are great because in addition to being nicely perfumed, the actual base of the lotion is high-quality. They're the perfect consistency--not too thick so they sink in quickly, and just as moisturizing throughout the day as thicker lotions. And I love the subtle, clean scent of Pure Grace, although I'm not typically a perfume lover. A few minutes after using the lotion and getting dressed, the amount of scent is just a bit more noticeable than if you use a scented fabric softener. Pleasant without being overpowering.