September 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Pure Grace Perfumed Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Love the scent of this, it's such a "fresh out of the shower, clean" scent. It is quite strong for a lotion and imo would interfere with your fragrance. I don't wear perfume when I use this (tried the matching perfume and it was terrible on me, no idea why). It's okay as far as moisturizing goes but not great, I don't think it's an ideal main lotion for those with very dry skin, I will have to layer it with an unscented thicker cream in the winter. I am pretty much using this just for the scent not the moisturizing properties. It lasts all day on me, I was surprised at how much I adore this as I am more a foody or sweet scent person. Oh and it's way too expensive. Would repurchase for scent alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by maryellenh

The first time I smelled the scent of Pure Grace was at the dog park ... really. A woman there arrived right from her shower, and had used Pure Grace shampoo. The smell lured me in and I was hooked. I had to have every product with this scent. The lotion is very nice: nice consistency, absorbs into the skin well and the scent is heavenly. So clean and fresh ... it really is like soap and water in the very best way. Unfortunately, for the price, the scent does not last very long. That is the case with all the Philosophy scented products, I'm afraid. But for the short time it does last, I enjoy the fragrance enough to keep using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One person with skin's trash is another person with skin's treasure, I guess - I just found a brand-new 32 oz. bottle of this in a neighbor's giveaway pile, and since then I have been spending my time being well-moisturized and smelling good. The lotion sinks in easily, and while usually "clean" fragrances smell foul on me - and also while often fragrances are migraine triggers for me - this one works with my body chemistry. The scent is light and powdery, without much sillage. That said, the price...I mean, in these $5000 pants? Come on! I was fine with using drugstore lotion before this appeared in my life, and I will be fine with drugstore lotion once it's gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always loved the Pure Grace scent, it smells like I just stepped out of the shower! So fresh! While I do use the body wash, I've never tried the lotion until a week ago. Passing by the sample bottle at Macy's, pumped a bit into my hand and smoothed it over my hands and arms, yum! I actually really liked the feel of the lotion, very smooth and it lasted for hours on me as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by keetandkeiko

Although this lotion is a bit on the pricy side, it does work well with my skin. It's not irritating! It definitely has a sunscreen smell, and reminds me a lot of a summer day. Definitely a good signature smell

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by brilliantbrunette34

My skin DRINKS this after a hot shower. It makes me feel 200% clean. It is a bit pricey, but I feel like I use less of it than any normal lotion. My skin does not feel oily or slippery immediately after use which is another plus :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by eyejayare

Concerning this actual product (ie the lotion) - it's pleasant but for the price, not anything special. I really hate the scent of this line of products. A family friend has sent me packages for birthdays for the past five years with Pure Grace perfume, body lotion and other products and I find the scent gets right up my nose and irritates me a fair bit. The smell is really odd - It's a nice enough smell but just incredibly strong (compared to my Jo Malone body creams it's really long lasting scent). The smell is too powerful for me (which never happens) and I find it to be a bit like the heavy smell of Chloe perfume - really weighty. The smell is super gross (and smells really cheap and nasty after a while). The cream is really nice though - I use it on my elbows and knees and sometimes when I shave my legs just to get rid of it and the moisture does last for ages. Shame about the smell - would buy again if reformulated though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is an extravagance but I can't help myself. The fragrance is light but memorable (the word "clean" comes to mind) and every time I put it on I feel like I am doing a little something special for ME. If used with the body spray, it leaves enough scent to linger throughout the day. It is not inexpensive however I use a coupon or some other discount at Beauty Brands or Ulta to buy it. In addition to the great fragrance, it is a very good lotion for dry skin. Not just a pretty face! Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

I started with this as a sample size from TJ Maxx (so very inexpensive) and liked it so much I asked for one of their jumbo pumps for my birthday.

Price--ouch. And I know there are higher ones out there!

Packaging--nice pump, but I think the slogan is meh.

Product--love this stuff. Love the scent, which means something, as I typically like my lotions completely devoid of any smell. It's nice nice enough to use as a fragrance. I find the product itself to be smooth and absorbent. When I run out, it will have to go back on a wishlist though, due to the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by nkar23

love love love love love love love LUV this scent. too bad its hella pricey!!!