Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

I like this mascara, but I wouldn't buy it again - only because I have used ones that are better and therefore more worth the money.

The mascara itself is great - coats each lash, makes them look nice and long, the formula never clumps and doesn't run. The packaging, being Chanel, is lovely, very classy. The price is a little high but again, that's only to be expected and it is a very good product so worth the money if you want to spend a little extra and treat yourself.

However, for me the mascara isn't special enough to buy again when it ran out - in fact, I tried Benefit's "They're Real", which is probably my fave and is around the same price. I would definitely recommend this to others though. Comes down to personal experience I guess!

on 5/18/2015 6:53:00 PM

This mascara is average not worth the price. The formula is slightly sticky and dries quick plus clumps slightly. I have long lashes that grow cris crossed and straight. This did not weigh the lashes down but only slight holds a curl. I usually still curly my lashes after applying mascara. This doesn't make lashes look longer or give more volume. Don't recommend this for those with short sparse lashes.

on 3/27/2015 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel mascara and I quite like it. I have short and straight asian lashes, and that's why i like the thin rubbery short bristles that makes the application easier and less messy for me. the formula itself is quite light and not too thick, it doesn't weigh your lashes down. i notice it lengthens and separates my lashes really well. it doesn't flake by the end of the day, and even though it's not the waterproof version, it doesn't smudge when it's raining and it doesn't irritate my eyes. it thickens my lashes a bit even after second application and doesn't really hold the curl. it's a nice mascara that gives me a natural look. but in my opinion, I'd prefer mascara that gives me a dramatic look, something that gives more "oomph" for the thickness. especially with that hefty price tag. It's a nice mascara, but it's not my HG.

maybe the best mascara i have ever used!i dont know why i find it more effective than volume de chanel which jas received better reviews!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My #1 mascara.
I finish two of these every year because of how often I use it.
Separates your lashes like a comb.

Although it does not give you thick, dramatic, highly-volumized lashes as some people like to wear it, I find this an advantage. It gives you long, natural-looking, CLEAN lashes instead of a trashy, unnatural, clumpy mess.

Definitely worth the price, I promise.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The best mascara. Period! I've tried other mascara's I've even liked other mascara's!! Nothing beats this one. Just enough volume! Just enough length! Just enough everything! Perfection! Can't be duplicated

Ross up between this and DiorShow. This is more seperating Nd lengthening, but because of the intensity of the pigment it dries a little "harder" on the lashes, which is good for curl because it holds more. Definitely one of 5 makeup items I can't live without.

on 6/10/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

In one word, pretty. I find that this mascara gives me the glossy, wide-eyed look that most mascaras fail to deliver. If you are seeking volume, then this mascara is not for you. It's best when the tube is fresh, and it dries out in what my mind is too soon, as early as after just three months. The wand is a little spiny for my taste, but it is the same wand that finds the tiniest, finest lashes and coaxes them into being. It used to be my HG product, but since I discovered Trish McEvoy's High Volume mascara, it's fallen into second place. Nonetheless, it's one to try if you are looking for a more natural look.

on 1/25/2014 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have small but fairly thick lashes which have almost no curl naturally.
This is one of the best mascaras i have ever used. I can also understand how some people hate this as application is KEY.
I find that there is wayyy too much product on the wand and re swipe it into a tissue (not good for us on a budget) or on the rim of the tube, focusing on the tip.
I look high up in the ceiling and raise my eyebrows while i slowly wiggle the brush up, working in more or less three sections of the lashes. I start from the outside corner and so forth to the inner corner lashes.
I keep patient and clumps are non existent. It takes about 10-15 swipes but it is worth it.

I do believe that Chanel could have more product in the tube ( as should YSL in Touche Eclat) and have the brush slightly more curved and flexible for a longer lasting curl.

As for its lasting power, I get more or less 6-8 hours but have never bought the water proof.

If you like mascara on your bottom lashes I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Chanel tester in this mascara. The brush is perfect size and the tube perfect size. Just remember to take off lots of the mascara and be very gentle and light on the lower lashes.

on 6/29/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

No, no, no. This high-end mascara was a big disappointment. I bought it in purple, which is a nice color. Gives the depth and intensity of brown without the boredom. Unfortunately, it goes on so very soggy that it clumps my lashes together. Furthermore, it dries so quickly that I have to dip the wand back into the container before applying to my bottom lashes. I tried applying this using a metal comb instead of the provided brush, and the results were a bit better, but again, it dries too quickly and flakes off. I won't be buying this again.

Popular Mascaras