Flexitol Heel Balm

4.7

Water, urea, lanolin, cetearyl alcohol, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, decyl oleate, PEG-20 stearate, paraffin, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), allantoin, centipeda cunninghamii extract, glycolic acid, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, arginine, aloe vera gel, fragrance.

on 6/10/2015 12:08:00 PM

Hello Happy Heels! This stuff is HG for me.

I've suffered from extremely dry, cracked heels for years - as I only wear sandals and open toed shoes when I can. Since moving to LA, the water has further dried out my heels and they were a complete mess, peeling off in bigger pieces and no amount of buffing would help. (Interestingly, buffing cracks only really makes it a whole lot worse, not to mention super ugly!)

Armed with the reviews here on MUA, I ran straight to CVS!

My heels were almost instantly better the next day and even though I've not been diligent about reapplying daily, I try to use this at least twice a week for maintenance and so far, so good! Texture wise it's not greasy and absorbs well - just give yourself about ten minutes to let dry (more if you have the time), wipe off the excess and carry on with your day!

The only complaint I would have is that the tube is quite big so I've distilled it into a smaller bottle for travel. Otherwise, this is one of the cheaper treatments on the market - yes, the packaging doesn't look all that sexy but honestly - who cares when it works miracles?!

Key Ingredients: Moisturizers such as Aloe, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Lanolin, Glycolic Acid, and Tea Tree Oil

Centipeda Cunninghamii is a unique Australian herb clinically proven to have skin nourishing properties, which aids in the softening of hard, thickened skin.

Urea promotes hydration by increasing skin's water binding capacity and decrease water loss from skin's surface. It also helps to dissolve rough and dry skin through keratolytic action.

Glycolic Acid also enhances the exfoliating properties.

Does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Salicylic Acid, Parabens or Gluten

on 9/17/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best heel balm I've ever owned, my feet are in the best condition that they've ever been in thanks to this product. I don't even use it that often but my heels are no more chapped, dry with hard callouses. I've got nothing bad to say about this. The packaging could be a little prettier but never mind that!

on 5/15/2014 11:57:00 PM

This stuff is perfect! My go-to product because I have really painful cracked heels. I usually file my feet and then apply this stuff before bed. It's about $10 Canadian at drugstores, and has lasted me about a year of frequent use. I've repurchased already and definitely will again.

on 3/30/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Want soft feet? Yeah? STOP reading this and open a new browser tab and look up the Baby Foot Peel first.

I have no clue how I was lucky enough to find a product like the peel. Works exactly how the reviews say it will. Check out my review on makeupalley too! (It's an essay :P)

Anyways, my sister was the one who showed me Flexitol heel balm. Works like a charm. I just happened to start using this balm right after the dead skin peeled off (from the peel, of course) making it so much easier than scrubbing my feet with a pumice stone!!

I just want to strongly enforce the fact that I don't believe either the peel I used or this balm seperately would've done as good a job as they did together. IT's like PB&J.

After soaking feet in warm water (a night time pampering ritual for myself), I pat my feet dry and put the balm on the top of each foot and rub my feet together like a monkey. No seriously, I rather not take the time (and waste product) by putting on my hands before applying to my feet (although, I must say I think this makes a great hand cream) and then having to wash off my hands. This stuff lingers and I learned that the first night using it.

So yeah, after rubbing feet together, they aren't greasy per-say but you can definitly feel the product on your skin. So what I do is put socks on top. I hate socks absolutely hate them but I rather feel socks on my feet than balm spreading onto my legs, sheets, etc. Throughout the night the stuff absorbs. I've only used this stuff for about a week. The first night was enough for me to feel softer feet even after the residual balm washed off in the shower the next morning. Like I even forgot to put some on yesterday and it's still really soft and moisturized..

The one totally ironic thing about this heel balm is that it makes everything plump and soft EXCEPT my heels. Lol. I guess I need to apply more/often but so far my toes are baby soft. LOL..

I constantly wear flats/heels/flip flops which torture the skin on my feet so I will definitely be keeping this in my arsenal. (And the Baby Foot Peel too!)

on 7/21/2013 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I loved Flexitol for years but the last tube I purchased did not work at all. The consistency was also different from previous tubes. I called the company and they told me to send them the tube. I did that and have not heard from them since. Terrible customer service (although a free tube would not be welcome because of the product quality).

on 5/28/2013 1:24:00 PM

This cream is a little gem! with my job i'm on my feet most of the day, so my heels aren't so much cracked, but they are a rough.. I use a pumice stone in the shower around my heels and then just rub this in afterwards and my heels feel so soft and silky smooth!!! its a definite must have for your beauty box!! I've tried all sorts of creams for softening and none of them have even come close to making them as soft as this stuff!

on 4/11/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this when I don't use my Gehwol salve. I think it's great. It is hard working and is absorbs quickly. It really doesn't leave my feet feeling greasy. I have used this off and on for about four years now. It's worth the money especially if you have bad feet like me!

on 3/16/2013 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this for my hubby's feet, and tried on mine. 3 days later, his feet are almost normal and mine are pristine! Fantastic! Will never be without!

on 2/25/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm on my feet all day with work and they were callused and cracking. THIS STUFF WORKS! Within a few days of putting it on at night - all of the problem area was gone.

I have a tradition of giving stocking stuffer gifts of products I've found that year that REALLY work to friends and relatives for Christmas. Last year everyone got Flexitol Heel Balm :)

on 2/25/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll just say right out the gate - my feet have become a total mess. I used to get fairly regular pedicures that kept my feet looking semi normal. For the past few month, I've slacked off on just about every beauty front and, let me tell ya, no where is this more apparent than my feet. Now that I'm getting back into grooming like a normal human again, I knew I had to do something about my nasty heels. I bought this based on the user reviews here so, thanks all you gals before me!

To be honest, my feet in general are actually pretty good. No weird nail thing going on or "hammer time", if you will. The only real problem are my dry heels which seem to be getting worse as I get older (yay, old age!). First off, I live in a hard water area which is murder on skin in general. Second, I hate socks and slippers and tend to wear flip flops in my uncarpented house all the time. As cool as flip flops are, they're actually fairly hard on your feet after a while. I've tried doing the thick moisturizer/sock routine at bedtime but even sleep doesn't stop my hatred for socks. I end up pulling them off sometime during the night and frankly, no amount of lotion is going to help my sad soles.

As I said, I bought this based on the reviews here. When I got this last week, my feet were probably at their grossest. I'm talking thick layers of skin on my heels that catch on sheets, clothes and anything else. I have a smoothing file but honestly, those things are a bit of a joke. I ended up starting to pick at the skin and pulling it off which is as gross and painful as it sounds. I was tempted to try the Ped Egg but having shaved off layers of skin off my feet before, I wasn't too keen on limping around again. I've used this lotion as directed (one in the morning and once at night) and it has miraculously transformed my feet. Granted, they're not totally smooth because as I said above, my feet situation was pretty dire as of late, but my feet are actually beginning to resemble those of human being who hasn't been kicking flour around.

The only downside to this lotion is it's a bit sticky. Seriously, that's the only downside. I can deal with the smell or parabens or whatever else because this works. I'm thrilled I finally found something that does what it says it will and is under $10 (I believe I paid $5 for this). I'm also thrilled that this can be used only when it's needed. I plan on getting a long overdue pedicure in the near future and then using this as a preventive measure. If you're hesitating about buying this because of complaints about the smell or whatever else, don't - get this lotion. If it worked on my jurassic feet, it will certainly work on yours!

Top Rated Flexitol Products