Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

It gets a bit confusing after reading reviews on MUA whether ppl are referring to the roll-on or the solid version (pictured, but has its own review page: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=137630/Certain-Dri-(Stick)/Unlisted-Brand/Deodorants)

So I'll start by saying that I've used both and I hate the roll-on but love the stick. After using another roll-on from Shiseido in Japan, I sort of liked using it over stick, so I bought the roll-on version, esp. since it has such great reviews on Buzzillions and Amazon. Mistake. I've never had an allergic reaction to any skin product in my life, but when I put this on, I got an immediate itch. D: With the stick, I never had this problem.

Both have never stained my clothes or completely stopped my perspiration. I still sweat, but I don't smell, so it acts more as a deodorant rather than an antiperspirant for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here's the thing; my friend and I were in a terrible predicament what with both of us in our late teens and having terrible sweating problems, it wasn't even funny. So we went on a witch- hunt for true antiperspirants and I found this on MakeupAlley.

The reviews seemed good enough, so we searched the stores for Certain Dri and came up empty handed.
We later found out that it was only available in the US and she was going anyway so she picked up some and got one for me.
So I tried it immediately and it worked surprisingly well, considering I put it on the night before!

Now, this works. No question. It's a godsend. I wasn't sweating at all, although I did start sweating a bit more on other parts of my body, like they said on the box, but not that bad. But my only problem is that it dried out my pits a bit and made them itch so. so. much. I mean, some days were O.K , some days were not. It was kind of annoying but you get to practice self- control. Like other reviewers said, it's a good idea to use a regular deodorant in the morning or when you're not using Certain Dri.
Now that it's autumn, I don't need to use it very often.

Overall, I recommend this for people with bad sweating problems or for summertime. But be warned of the itching and dryness!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't need this anymore. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I really don't care what my armpits look like. But when I was working in the corporate world this was a lifesaver. I worked with training new employees and and it could become quite nerve-wracking. Sometimes I would find myself sweating through my clothes for no reason at all. I resorted to this as a last resort, and I was very impressed with its wetness controlling abilities.
I never found it to stain clothes or irritate my skin, but I also never put it on right after shaving my armpits. I did apply at on completely dry skin. I used the roll-on version.
If I ever go back to the working world and notice this problem with over sweating I will certainly go back to the certain dri.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

works

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

To put it simply: this product DOES work! I bought it from Walmart for about $6, which seems like a really good deal! I have been using it for about a week and a half, and I have seen really good results. I actually have only used it once or twice this week so far, and I still see great results!

Pros:
-It worked for me after one application. I put 3 strokes on each armpit.
-It does not make me smell like it did for others.
-I don't sweat under my arms, like ever, now.

Cons:
-It does dry out my armpits and irritates them. I usually put lotion and moisturizing deodorant on in the morning to help alleviate the irritation.
-I agree with others that it doesn't seem healthy to never sweat. I go to the gym, and I don't sweat under my arms. Instead, I sweat a bit more on my neck/forehead when I do vigorous activity, which is fine with me.
-I seem to get warmer a bit easier now. That could be from the warmer temperatures or something else, but I thought I would mention it for other users to take note of! I'm always cold, so it is kind of nice to be warm.

I have already recommended this product to friends who have had similar problems as me!

EDIT- I have been using this for a few months now. I only use it once or twice a week. I have been having severe irritation and itching when I put it on, but only really on my right armpit. I put lotion on in the morning, but that didn't really help too much. I tried putting Cortizone on this morning, and it seems to help the itching. The first week I used this, it was great. Lately, it has been causing very bad irritation. It still seems to work, though! So it's really up to you what you would rather put up with!

I've used Certain Dri off and on for about five years now. It works GREAT, but if you have sensitive skin this may not be the product for you. It is very intense. Also, I find that if I haven't used it in a long time, it takes about a week's worth of nighttime applications to see a marked difference. My skin is a little bit sensitive, but I found that if I'm careful about the amount I apply, only use it at night, and use an aluminum-free natural deodorant during the day (the main ingredient in Certain Dri is aluminum chloride, so I figured I didn't need to "double dose", so to speak), then I get good results, I don't stink, and I don't get any irritation. This stuff put an end to my pit stain problem that haunted me throughout my puberty years. I love this stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a miracle worker. I have tried many different antiperspirants and nothing helped me at all. This worked perfectly the first time. Everyday that my shirt sleeves aren't wet is like a little gift to me. I wish I had tried this sooner. The best part is that I really only need to use it every three to four days to stay completely dry. I would recommend pairing it with a moisturizing daily deodorant to avoid the dry, itchy skin that happens occasionally. If you have any issues with excessive sweating, give this a try. Seriously. HG product for me.

I used to use this antiperspirant at night because my underarms were very sweaty. All of my shirts would be soaked and decrease my confidence. I have not tried the newer versions because I no longer suffer from this problem. This product does cause less underarm sweating.

Tips:
- Do not apply this product if you have wet armpits or after showering. Your armpits will burn and probably turn red.
- I applied this only at night because this is not a deodorant. It is strictly a strong antiperspirant. It actually caused my underarms to smell a little sweaty.
- I believe it took at least a week to really work for me. When it started working, I applied a little less often as needed.
- A small amount is all you need to use. Do not bother coating your armpits in this stuff. Just do a light stroke. Too much may cause burning. It did for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For years I suffered from overactive sweat glands in my underarms. I would sweat even in the winter months! Within just a couple of days of using this deodorant daily, I stopped sweating - I was seriously so relieved! This product is best used at night before bedtime, as it does remain wet and sticky for a little while after applied. In the morning, I found it best to follow up with a regular light scented deodorant. For me, this product caused a bit of drying and itching (especially when applied right after shaving), which is why I found it best to moisturize, apply a light deodorant, and over time I went from daily use to every other, and then every week. I continued using this product for 2 years, but now no longer use this product (stopped about 6 years ago) because I don't have an excessive sweating problem. If I ever find that my sweating is out of control, I will go back to using this.

FYI: As I mentioned, overtime I decreased my use of this deodorant, which is because I don't believe this product is exactly healthy. Yes, it is great for temporarily solving a problem or for intermittent use, but completely blocking underarm sweat for a prolonged time is not healthy in any way.

I've been using certin dri for over a year, if not two years. Within three days of this product I stopped sweating. Even when I worked out! I endured the itchy armpits because being able to wear anything was worth it. The only problem now is, they've changed their formula. I find it less effective. I now sweat through thin shirts again (not as bad as without it) just like I would with other clinical strength. Since I wasn't getting the industrial strength power I switched to Dove Clinical with the same results but with a beautiful fragrance and no irritation. I'm "testing" this Dove Clinical to see if it keeps my sweat minimal, if It doesn't I will go back to Certin Dri and maybe with diligence of more than three days I will see the old results.