July 29, 2014 | 1691 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Soleduvala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far the only foundation that has perfectly matched my skin. No thanks to their 7 free samples of course, where you get to chose blushes and bases to find your perfect color. Anyways, I know it's a bad habit but sometimes I forget to take my makeup off at night and this is the only foundation which hasn't caused me to break out. Sheer matte foundation. Also it's very light weight so it's perfect for the summer! Also, the shipping is very fast. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by merwinak

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE ORIGINAL FORMULA IS BACK!!! Woo-Hoo! Everyday Minerals has come back to it's roots and brought back their original bases of matte and also semi-matte. It looks like they have discontinued all of their products with lauryl lysine. According to some reviews this ingredient caused break-outs and the bases containing it had less coverage than the original formula. I am over-the-moon happy about this because I searched high and low for another mineral makeup that would provide enough coverage for my rosacea issues at a reasonable cost. The color names have changed but the website gives the old color names as well. The only thing that would be better is if they brought back the Intensive formula which has better coverage than any of their other bases. They are also selling retail at some Whole Foods but check their online info to see if your store carries it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by brinkerbarry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've worked in high end salons and spas for over a decade, so I've used ALL the mineral makeups. Some of which I'm pretty sure aren't even around anymore. I use a concealer brush to apply a little powder around my eyes, nose, and chin, and then follow up with the kabuki over the whole face. Wears very well. I have very oily, sensitive skin and I prefer the matte finish because it has less mica in it. Oily skin + mica = SUPER SHINY. I don't like it. And this doesn't irritate my skin the way other product lines have. AND it's very reasonably priced. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good powder, good coverage and doesn't break me out. It doesn't oxidize either which is something I have a HUGE problem with. I'm super oily and this stays put.
I use Fairly Light Neutral and am NC20/NC25. I've been using this for years and I really like Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral makeup but since they sell in China now and are very dodgy with their stance on animal rights, Everyday Minerals is my go-to foundation and blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awesome!!! Beautiful coverage, doesn't itch or break you out. I highly recommend using a flat top foundation brush such as the Elf Studio one for $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this mineral powder doesn't have enough coverage for me. I have to pile it on to get medium coverage & it does nothing for my oiliness at all. It does look nice over a liquid foundation however. I used it over mufe hd & it looked beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, first off I want to say that I started using everyday minerals because bare minerals started disappointing me and gradually I noticed it didn't cover the same as it use to back before 2010. When I made the switch to everyday minerals, I was using their semi matte formula and liked it. It kind of had that shimmery iridescent sheen to it that was similar to bare minerals original foundation. I still like the semi matte, but I did notice that it didn't all that well either. Now I dont have acne, acne scars, roscea, hyperpigmentation, freckles, large pores or un-even skin surface. I do have a tiny bit of redness on my cheeks from sun exposure, and I like to wear a foundation that matches the same color as my body to even out my tone ( I self tan weekly). With the semi matte, I needed to double/almost triple layer this stuff on for a perfect even complexion. I ordered the matte formula in the same color (I use beige neutral) and the coverage was a lot better than the semi matte. People say it can look cakey and too matte on their skin, but I've never had this problem. Maybe it's the way I apply it. I have oily skin especially in my t-zone. I wash my face, use a toner, then apply my cetaphil SPF 30 facial moisturizer, let sit for 5 minutes, apply monistat chaff relief gel as a primer, conceal under my eyes with cream concealer and blend it in with a damp beauty blender... Then I'm ready for my minerals. I use everyday minerals long handle kabuki brush (not the flat top). I swirl and buff the minerals all over my face evenly and apply 2 layers. I then add some bronzer and apply EM's finishing dust in sunlight and voila. Perfect even complexion. No cakiness, no powdery finish... Just a little shiny in my t zone within a few hours but its quickly fixed with a light dusting of finishing powder. I love this stuff. I've spent prob thousands of dollars on high end make up and countless mineral foundations... I always come back to this one. Trust me, I've tried sheer cover, pur minerals, terra firma, elegant minerals, glominerals, Jane iredale, avon smooth minerals, jlynne minerals, Joppa minerals, alima, element, youngblood, color revolution, sheer designs, sterling minerals, hello minerals, purely you minerals, Lucy minerals... I could prob keep going. They all suck to be honest. I sampled all those companies and I'm still in love with everyday minerals matte base. Trial and errors but it has proven to be the best for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Nikovaa

Only reason I gave it 4 stars, is because I haven't found my EXACT color yet. Which I doubt I will but I want to keep trying.
So far I really like the Matte foundation. I have acne-prone combination skin so I need something that will keep my skin shine free throughout my 8 hours of work. I love that it actually covers! I have scars...RED SCARS...and I'm pretty shocked that it covers well with nothing but the powder. If I need a little extra coverage on trouble spots I will just add concealer. But for the most part it does the job well. It won't be exactly like my old foundation which was the Tarte clay foundation but that's a good thing. Because my skin is acne-prone I should actually be wearing less heavy makeup. And this is light as air. It blends in well and it sets in great. Even with a cheap brush!! (I will buy a better one, possibly from them as well).

Definitely recommend anyone that wants to use minerals to try it!! They have the 7 samples for a penny deal which is amazing! and the samples will last you at least 3-4 applications.

I've been looking at all ingredients in other brands and it's pretty disgusting that they have certain ingredients. Mica is the only ingredient I'm scared of in this product, but so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by bixbailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used their full coverage for years before they replaced it with the IT crap, so I switched to the matte formulation. I don't know what they changed but this breaks me out like mad now–never did before. I very rarely break out from topical products, so am surprised. Sadly, have EDM to thank for some new atrophic scars after years of being clear. The texture, coverage, and color selection is great, though. Better for texture and finish than Meow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by koalaluff

I am around NC25 in Mac's Studio Fix line and I have this in "Light," which is a tad too light for me but passable.

I absolutely LOVE this powder's coverage. I never imagined powder could cover so well, but it does! I'd say it's like medium coverage that lasts throughout the day.

The powder is extremely soft and silky. I apply it with Everyday Mineral's Flat Top Brush.

Unfortunately, what they use to make the powder so soft is Lauroyl Lysine which clogs pores (google it yourself!). I thought I could get away with it, but my pores get clogged too. However, I can wear it once, maybe twice a week, without getting pimples. I just get some clogged pores that go away in a few days.

Normally I don't let comedogenic properties affect my ratings because everyone's skin is different, but I'm taking away 2 lippies because the number of people who get acne from this is so high and EM doesn't do anything about it.