July 31, 2014 | 1741 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Silicone-sensitive ppl beware! This does contain dimethicone, which I can sometimes get away with and sometimes not. Not this one... Broke my upper back out like crazy.

Beyond that, I didn't find it to have great slip anyway and did not feel it properly moisturized my hair. Will not rebuy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by lanyc

Pros:
1) everything
2) soft shiny hair
3) does not make my hair limp
4) great smell
5) all natural/organic ingredients
6) clear skin (i'm gonna explain)

Cons:
1) packaging. but i can live with this.

i love everything about this conditioner. EVERYTHING omg. actually i love everything trader joes. but that's a different story.

This conditioner was not a planned purchase. as people who shop at trader joes know, that its difficult to actually find/buy their beauty products, because as soon as it hits their shelves, it flies off in literally a day (same with their cat food!)

i digress...anyways!! i saw this bottle on the shelf on it's lonesome, and i decided to scoop it up. i actually went there to buy the tea tree conditioner (i use the shampoo), and they didn't have that conditioner so I got the only bottle of conditioner they had, which was this.

i fell in love with this at first use! gave amazing slip without making my hair feel greasy. I have fine, thin hair, so i hate when "moisturizing" conditioners just stick to you hair and scalp making it impossible to wash it off completely, which later leads to build up and the limp hair. the smell is great. i liked it. once my hair dried (air dried) it was amazingly soft, it was bouncy, and light! it also gave me and my boyfriend AMAZING skin benefits...

for me, it REALLY cleared up my back...i have a mild bacne issue..and my back is scarred with spots, and this conditioner kept my back from breaking out, and cleared up the skin..it was amazing. and i didn't apply it to my back, just to my hair, and when i would rinse the conditioner off, you know it would rinse and run down my back. I never noticed it until my boyfriend pointed it out one day...he said my back looked really clean. at that time i hadn't realized exactly why....

and it seriously cleared up my boyfriend's face......okay this sounds weird cus you're thinking "why would your boyfriend apply your conditioner to his face?"
cus he has a lumberjack beard (or he used to). I don't know the specifics of male facial hair care, but he told me he needs to condition his beard. I told him to use this conditioner. he said it helped make is beard feel soft, and manageable; he liked it. about a week ago, he started a new job, and he had to get rid of his facial hair (womp womp) and OMG his face underneath was as soft and clear as a baby's bottom!!! his face always had some acne scarring, and chicken pox scars (that's why he kept a beard) but after he shaved it off (and this was not the first time he shaved off his beard), his face was smooth, it was clear, it was clean, it was soft, it was a miracle.

i think the conditioner did this. i seriously do. that's just my experience..because nothing else changed (diet, facewash, moisturizer, body was, etc)

anyways!! i have like stocked up 4 bottles of this stuff. but currently i'm not using it, because i recently highlighted and bombed my hair, so i need something with more umph to take care of that damage, so i don't think i would recommend this for someone with overly processed and damaged hair. but i love this stuff. i will always get it again. i will always recommend it. i've turned my mother onto this (she has thick curly hair) and she loves it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by shmekalt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this conditioner for a couple months and I love it...smells great, and my hair feels healthier than it has in a while. I actually switched back to my old conditioner for a few days to see if I felt a difference, and I definitely did.

I was sold to buy this (or, I guess, it was sold?) when I turned it over and could actually pronounce every ingredient, and most are organic. Surprising, but actually pretty much every bodycare product I've bought from Trader Joe's, I liked. The place is weird, but they do good work :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect all around conditioner. Very inexpensive but a has great ingredients and gets the job done. I prefer using this over Suave and Vo5 conditioners.

I get multiple uses out of it. For myself, I love to co-wash or use it as a leave-in. I also love using it to shave with. The scent is nice and neutral. On vacation, this is what I bring for the entire family to use (my husband is Scottish and even likes it). Our 9 year old son uses this to wash and condition his curls with also.

For the price, it's worth trying out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just a super nice, low priced conditioner that conditions my colored hair just right for shine and bounce. Combined with the matching shampoo it is lovely but as I was thinking that this would be a perfect cleansing conditioner. It is almost foamy if that makes sense. The price for this product is a shabby chic girls dream...wait for it?! 2.99! Luxury for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW, what a phenomenal value! Under $5, as I recall. It'll be a sad day if whatever company makes this stuff decides to end its partnership with TJs... hopefully by then I'll have figured out what its HE analogue is. It's definitely HE quality and I wouldn't feel ripped off paying several multiples more than what TJs is charging for it.

* Wonderful slip when wet; smooth, shiny, tangle-free hair after air-drying
* Light, pleasant, not too perfumey scent
* Ingredient list that you could practically eat - I uploaded a pic of the label, check it out!

I'm not yet sold on the shampoo - its ingredient list is equally edible looking, but my hair felt kind of squeaky/tangly til the conditioner went into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rcblinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm always venturing into new products but for the past 5 years I've always come back to both the shampoo and conditioner! I love anything Trader Joes and it's no different with this duo. I'll admit though, the shampoo can dry my scalp out a tad but nothing too extreme. I generally remedy this by applying a small amount of coconut oil to my scalp before cleansing. As for the conditioner, it by far creates the most amount of slip I have ever experienced from a non-silicone 'dish. The ingredients are absolutely amazing as is the smell and it leaves my 2a/2b M ii hair extremely soft and tangle free. For hair that is not chemically treated and rarely sees heat, this is almost too conditioning for me at times! The packaging is extraordinarily simple which I love and is unassuming in the shower. The price tag is just the cherry on top!

I have only two gripes-the actual bottle makes dispensing the last 1/4 of this a pain in the rear. You literally have to violently shake it up and down and that runs the risk of shooting away from you like a hockey pock. The only other complaint is the thickness of the formula- it's so darn thick, it can be difficult to spread throughout the length. What I do to get around this is spread it on as best as I can and then let the spray from the shower help distribute it more evenly. Wait a couple of minutes, rinse and voila-beautiful hair! Love love love Trader Joes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

**There is another page for reviews of this same product**

Pros:

1. Not tested on animals
2. Great ingredients
3. My hair reacted really well to this
4. Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

1. I wish they had a jumbo-sized bottle where you could pay a bit more for more product. It's a pain to have to frequently go to the store for conditioner when you run out. They only sell this product in a standard sized bottle and since I have long hair, I have to use more than the average person.
2. It's also a pain to have to go to a special store just for your hair product. They only sell this at TJ's, of course.

I really like this conditioner, over all. In fact, I love it. My hair loved it, too. My hair is naturally wavy and sometimes frizzy and dry. After using this for a small length of time and allowing my hair to get used to it, my hair became more moisturized, not frizzy, and straightened out quite a bit. I used this only in conjunction with the corresponding shampoo. I'm not sure if I would have gotten the same effect with my hair if I had been using a different shampoo with this conditioner.

I used the Nourish Spa Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner every other day. On the days when I didn't wash my hair, I simply wet my hair in the shower and left it alone. I find that this allows my hair to look and feel healthier rather than washing it every day. When using this every other day, my hair wasn't oily on the days when I didn't wash it. That was great!

I would repurchase this if I stopped at a TJ's and had the extra money to throw around. This was my go-to conditioner for months and months, but then I switched to something cheaper with more product per bottle. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff! Makes my hair smell and feel great, but I have to use a lot of it to achieve these results.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mishalux

This product is great because it is void of many harsh chemicals and fragrances and the price is pretty economical; however, it did not do well in maintaining the health of my hair. I have very fine and thin hair, and using this product resulted in me getting split ends. It dries out my hair and my scalp looks oily by the next day. I've tried using more conditioner in an attempt to moisturize it more, but it just causes more of my hair to fall out. There is a noticeable improvement in my hair after I stopped using this product. I really wish this product worked for my hair though since it's difficult to find such healthy hair products for a good price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No