October 20, 2014 | 1913 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The second I was done rinsing my face from using this soap, I knew I shouldn't have done it. Left my skin with residue and feeling extremely tight. I would rather clean my face with the extra virgin olive oil in my kitchen (which I've done, by the way, and it works pretty nicely).

Just because something is vegan and organic and whatever's the fad today does not mean it's a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Kiss My face Pure Olive Oil Soap. This vegan product, containing no animal ingredients and not tested on animals, is one of my favorites. It's a big green bar containing Sodium Olivate, Aqua and Sodium Chloride. It's natural and non-drying, but not moisturizing either. It does not have a scent. I highly recommend it. It does get gooey but that's manageable. The price is decent for the amount of soap I get, it could be less expensive. The packaging is simple and pretty. A bar lasts me a month. I will keep repurchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by AngelAlly

I am on my second bar of this soap now. I started using it only as a facial cleanser back in January. I have sensitive skin that is a bit on the dry side. This has kept my skin pretty clear. I liked it so much I started using it on my body about a month ago. It is gentle, and simple. It is really nice to need only one product for face and body. I even had my mom start using it. The price is not that bad I think it is between 3.50 to 4.00 for an eight ounce bar. I was using a cleanser that cost 24 dollars for six ounces before I found this.

Edited 6/23/13
I have decided to stop using this because it has been irritating my skin all over my body. I dropped my rating down to a two because this product is too drying for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have complaints about this but I keep buying it, so there's that. It's one of the only soaps I've used that lathers and doesn't dry me out. I have very dry skin and this is very mild and while I wouldnt call it "hydrating", it def isn't drying. I don't like how it gets all gooey. But whatev.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I happen to love olive soap and this is the first company that has made a product that smells great and actually works! This soap is so hydrating and soft on my hands that i actually try to wash my hands 30+ times a day just so i can use it!! i am not even kidding. Some people use this on their face but i prefer using it on my hands and body. It feels so cool and calming on my skin, especially if i have been out in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed that I finally found a bar of soap that doesn't strip all the moisture from my sensitive skin! Most soaps are full of HARMFUL chemicals but this one happens to be made of three simple ingredients: Saponified Olive Oil, Water and Sodium Chloride(salt). It cleans my skin without the squeaky clean feel. This is officially my staple and I will definately buy in bulk next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SeekingFor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this soap was really drying and left my skin tacky and itchy and stung my eyes when i washed my face with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has been so pretty and happy since I stopped torturing it with chemicals. This is my everyday soap in the shower, and one of the only ones I've ever tried that doesn't make my skin feel dry and tight. I really like it. The bar can get a little melty if left around wet (which is gross anyway), so I keep it outside the shower and let it dry on a spiky plastic soap dish. I've used this for almost two years now. I cut the big bars into halves or quarters to make them easier to handle. Would recommend to anyone.

EDIT: May 2014

Ok, so I used this for three years and unfortunately am dropping the rating. My skin has gotten increasingly tight-feeling and flaky over the last year or so, and after lots of research, I'm pretty sure it's the soap causing it. It has a pH level of 9 (I emailed the company to ask), which is way, way too alkaline to be used on the face. (Google the term "acid mantle" in conjunction with the words "bar soap").

I'm bummed because I loved how natural it was, but I've been getting a new kind of acne lately - lots of tiny clogged pores that aren't triggered by anything dietary. Adding a moisturizer helps, but doesn't totally eliminate them, which is why I think pH levels and moisture in the skin have something to do with it. I'm in the process of looking for a good, mild, non-soap cleanser. I guess I'll use what's left of this to shave my legs. I still love this brand, and this soap and I had a good run, but I'm just too dry now to keep pushing through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday soap, I love the minimal ingredients and the fact that it's easy to find in stores. It really helps the clogged pores on my chest, and doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Vickysweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a decent product, it smells good, it works, but the bar gets melty after a few days, not sure why, but it works and it's natural/not tested on animals.