April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Classic Nudes

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Amelie3913

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After looking on and off for a good 4 months for matte eyeshadow, I finally purchased the Classic Nudes Quad Eyeshadow. I was looking for a subtle, totally matte, neutral eyeshadow set. Not wanting to break my measly budget on something from Sephora (though I would have loved to, money permitting), I kept an eye out for a drugstore set, which is harder than it would seem to find matte, neutral eyeshadows. As mentioned by previous posters, it's not a "wow" item, but it's been my go-to eyeshadow for the last 2 months. I was looking for something matte that didn't overshadow my eyeliner (that I wanted to be the focus.) Oddly, I can't remember ever having matte (or a full matte set) of eyeshadow.
While I love fun, bold, shimmer, etc eyeshadows (I have a few from Kat von D that are super fun), sometimes I'll spend so much time on getting my eyeliner just right but then it gets swallowed by that fun eyeshadow.
So, with my yellow undertones and fair skin, I find this set works really well. The texture is nice: silky and a bit like a thick talc powder. It gives a smooth silky finish that is good for building color and easily blend-able. Having said that, 3 of the colors are quite similar, so you're probably not going to get a bold, marked differentiation when applying them. But then again, if you're ordering this set I highly doubt you'd be going for a bold, dramatic look. It's like a nude bra: it's nothing fancy and has no "wow" factor, but it works flawlessly under so many different shirts/outfits that its plainness is its strength.
I use ELF eyeshadow primer, which helps keep this eyeshadow on well. Without it I've noticed it has a tendency to fade out. I apply it with a small eyeshadow brush with a tamping or patting motion. If you sweep it on there will be a lot of fallout, but pushing onto the eyelid helps minimize this. Likewise, when picking up product from the eyeshadow pots, I pat the brush into the eyeshadow. (I would say my eyelids lean slightly more towards oily. Without primer I tend to get a line in the crease but the eyeshadow generally stays where I put it. Without primer, this eyeshadow doesn't crease too much, but it as less staying power.)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Tobeygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this and also the Canyon Classics quad. I've been searching for a great matte palette, and was hoping to find something with great pigmentation for a reasonable price. I've always preferred matte shadows, especially for daytime wear, and have always looked to the higher end brands (MAC, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, etc.), but was determined to find something comparable at a much lower price point. These quads are it! Great pigmentation, they glide on like silk, and they stay put. Love them. I was going to replace my UD Naked palette, but I'm thrilled I found this instead - much more affordable, and I'm not stuck with a half dozen colors I'll never use. These are high quality shadows and I'll definitely be buying more of these when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by KeIIsBells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm absolutely obsessed with these eyeshadow quads. I used to be all about the shimmer. Now that I'm getting older I realize that I love having a softer look on my eyes. What's great about these quads is the quality. Each eyeshadow is as pigmented as the other. That's so hard to find in quads these days! I love the color selection in each quad as well. I own all the matte eyeshadow quads. If you don't want to commit to buying a high end palette with mattes, I would recommend trying out Physicians Formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

SO glad I purchased this over UD Naked Basics Palette because Im sure I can create veryy similar if not exace looks. Both have great, natural everyday mattes. PF has:
-top right: light gray taupe (same as classic canyon)
-top left: camel (slight orange undertones)
-bottom right: dark gray taupe (like MB tatttoo in tough as taupe)
-bottom left: cream white color (same classic canyon)

The white I use to highlight under brows / set under eye concealer
Camel makes most natural crease color for me, when Im going for usual warmer tones
Light taupe I wear all over lid / use to soften crease color when I'm going for cool tone look
Dark taupe always goes in my V / sets liner

UD only has the black over this (Im sure all of us have atleast 1 black y get another one?) this combined with Classic Canyons makes every since natural nude look possible. These do go on a bit sheerer so top it over primer/base/vaseline. they can also get dry/patchy if not used for a while so show them some love :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from Ulta after not being able to find these at my local stores and I'm not sorry at all! This is a must have for any neutral or warmer toned woman. The colors are very warm so I'm not sure how they would look on someone with a very cool complexion. On my NC15-20 skin they are pure perfection! My eye looks shaded but there is not tons of glitter or shimmer, so refreshing!! Just great browns for a daily look and perfect to show off a brighter lipstick. Love this and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rainnkenyon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have both Classic Nudes and Canyon Classics. While these weren't as much fun to buy as the more shimmery shadows, they are colors I use all the time. Bright and shiny looks great in the package, these look great on my face. While I am happy with each set individually, I am even happier I bought both, as they work so well together, and it multiplies the number of looks. I hope PF keeps it up, and brings out more colors. I can't complain about these at all. The package is ok, but it is a drugstore product, and I am interested in the makeup first. If I want great packaging I will go to the department store and pay more for it. I Have already bought backups of these, and will buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in the minority but I wasn't impressed one bit. I stick to matte formulas from MAC and UD, but was very excited at the prospect of a cheap drugstore palette of all matte shadows. I found these to be very chalky, uneven in application, and unpigmented. The darkest color, a grey/lavender, is very similar to MAC Copperplate but inferior in quality. The two browns look alike but one is warm and the other cool toned, they did not show on me at all (NC25), even over primer.
I really wanted to like these but they didn't work for me. The packaging is cheap and flimsy but what can be expected for a $6 palette. I won't bother trying the other quads.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came this close to buying the UD Naked Basics palette w/a Sephora gift card I received at Xmas. Then I remembered that I have this little palette as well as Canyon Classics. I swatched the shadows in the NB palette and realized that my little PF palettes were just as good. These mattes are every bit as creamy and pigmented as Urban Decay's. No Lie! There may be a couple that are a bit patchy and slightly powdery (but not chalky at all, imo), but hey, Urban Decay doesn't get it right every time either, right? These palettes are essential to any makeup collection. And Very reasonably priced. I'm so glad that I remembered these little matte palettes before I splurged on an item I really didn't need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are very high quality eye shadows at a fraction of the price of similar products. Actually this is very similar to Clinique's Eye Shadow Quad in Teddy Bear, which I love. Like the Clinique Quad, these shadows have a smooth finish with good color payoff. They're perfect for creating a "naked" eye look,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im not much of a matte e/s person, i only picked this up because it was a B1/G1 50% off sale. Im really liking this quad though & will most def repurchase. The colors look great on me & stay well even w/out a primer! The only other mattes i like are in the Just4Redheads night out palette & these are identical to the browns in it just way cheaper in price. Dare i say it, could this be love?