September 3, 2014 | 956 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I got the GL Waterproof Lots-of-lashes & I can see why this is a classic & fave of many!! It comes in the iconic green/pink tube... Mine was Very Black. I haven't seen Blackest Black in Waterproof formula (to answer the below posters Q), I wish they would make it!! Even Very Black is quite black & the brush is gr8, it curls my lashes & I recurl them somexs & they really stay curled & look long & pretty!! I've tried other high(ER) brand mascaras like Too Faced Better Than Sex & Benefit They're Real & to me this mascara is a real work horse & can take those 2 on any day w 1 hand tied behind her back!! The price is amazing, it's easily available everywhere (no special trips to the mall to Sephora or to Ulta which is a pain coz I don't drive & I am disabled), this mascara is awesome!! I like it better than the cheaper ones like LA Colors & WnW (I draw the line there!!), but I was so lucky enuff to score 1 of these w a free bonus Define-A-Line eyeliner at walmart yesterday. Best mascara around & I keep coming back to it after straying (I am always onto the new latest greatest thing! & Maybelline does do that w their other mascaras always coming out w new 1's that pique my curiosity! But back to Waterproof Great Lash I go!!). This will not budge. I remove it with EL eye makeup remover (was an Xmas PWP, normally I would never buy that!!), or makeup wipes of various kinds that say they remove waterproof eye makeup on the label. So far I have have never has any adverse reactions or irritation to my eyes due to this product which is good coz I have tear duct plugs & very sensitive chronic dry eye. I like that Maybelline opthamologist tests their eye makeup & labels it for sensitive eyes or contacts (hope it's on humans not animals thou!!), but this is 1 of Maybelline's best offerings. I feel a bit retro using it, thinking of using it when I 1st started wearing makeup at the tender age of 9!! An excellent mascara!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I did not even discover GL until I was 30...I was a HE mascara wearer, that being said I'd only buy 2mascaras per yr...But a co- worker introduced me & the rest is history (this I buy every 6wks)...After only 2coats I get longer, black, curled & defined lashes. However, if you want more definition in the GL family I recommend "Lots of Lashes"...Since it's waterproof I don't need the curler. It doesn't flake, smudge nor smear. My go to daily mascara for the summer. I've many other mascaras (as that's my cosmetic vice), yet I ll always re purchase Great Lash & have one in my collection. You cannot really expect miracles w/ it. It's not going to give you Sophia Lauren or Twiggy Lashes (altho, were theirs false? lol)...Anyhow, what you will get is a little length & a little volume, but, you CAN build it up, I find if I go behind my lashes (coating ALL sides, I get a nice thick look)...What I do note about it is - that it packs a punch color-wise as even the Very Black makes my already black lashes stand out. Blackest black is usually what I get but I did not see that my Shoppers Drug Mart had Blackest Black in waterproof. I got mine on sale for $5.50, but there're times I've caught it for as low as $2.99 or 2 for the price of 1 at SDM in Canada. Lastly, it's also a great layering mascara esp in conjunction w/ my HG Voluminous CB. Only minor CON: Difficult to remove. I like to use Virgin Coconut Oil, but I find only J & J's Baby Oil clearly removes this, but whatever, no biggie, just different is all.
UPDATE: I recently just notice(d) that my 70 yr old Mom uses it & my 43 yr old sister, when on vacation together lol we ALL 3 had it in our make-up bags. Ha! Most of my friends do not like it tho, it's pretty either a love or hate formula, wand etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Samwise2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (Very Black, Waterproof)

I'm seriously picky about mascara and can honestly say I've tried most out there, but this ones my most favorite ever!

I picked it because I'd read so many good reviews online, and I'd seen it around so much. Seemed like every one of my lady friends had one.

It's kinda small, comes in a pink tube with a black lid. The brush itself is compact and has spiraling bristles. When I first opened it, this didn't give me much faith, but I was proven wrong!

It goes on smoothly and covers even the tiniest lash right to the tip. Not clumpy at all, even after lots of layers. Lengthens, separates and evenly coats all my lashes.

Usually I wear a few mascaras at once, one for thickening, one for lengthening etc but now I only need the one

Really reasonable price, about 5 from Superdrug.

I think the only downside is that it takes a few coats to get a really thick plush look, but it goes on so nicely and looks really tidy and precise, I'm fine with layering. Plus it doesn't clump at all but still defines all of the lashes individually.

Would absolutely buy it again, really happy with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a drag to go to the Caribbean with THIS as your only waterproof mascara - 1 brief dip in the sea and it smudges all over the place! In fact, all I have to do is sweat and it's all over my eyes! I thought perhaps it was defective, so I bought another tube. Same deal! If you like the heavy smudgy look, this is your product! Perhaps Maybelline has a different definition of "water"!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ocems931

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a lot of different high end mascaras through beauty subscriptions but none compare to this. It doesn't clump and stays put through long shifts and exercise, and doesn't irritate my somewhat sensitive skin as others have. I have the brownish black and I think it's perfect for a fair to medium complexion; it's great for enhancement while maintaining a "natural" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kimquat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read all the great reviews about this, and for the price, it's a decent mascara, but I find that it is just "okay". I like it but don't love it, it does pretty much what most average waterproof mascaras do, but it probably isn't my HG mascara. I find the main reason I'm not a lover of this is the brush, its kind of awkward and I find that most of the time when I apply this I end up getting mascara on my eyelids that I have to wipe off. I used to use Covergirl's lashblast before I realized I needed a waterproof mascara because it smudged all over my lids, and I never had that problem with that brush. The formula was decent though, it held a curl quite nicely, was very pigmented, and definitely was waterproof and stayed nicely on my oily lids. While I find that this was decent for it's price, when I'm finished with it I will probably try something else

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually didn't have any expectations when I bought this, but when I applied it, I was shocked. It defined all of my lashes and coated them all the way to the tips with no clumps. It keeps my lashes curled just the way I made them with my eyelash curler. I'm surprised at how well it separated and lengthened. It was so easy to coat all of my lashes and mold them to the direction I wanted them to go without bending the tips to look like fly legs (something I really struggle with on my thin lashes!). It takes a few coats to see a significant difference, but the outcome is amazing. This beats out all of the newer mascaras by far. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

AWESOME! I layer this mascara over my other favorite mascara that needs another layer of mascara on it. I layer this one on top of it and it lasts all day. Great color on my lashes and whenever I quickly need to put mascara on, I throw this on and it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my first mascara, and even though i use other brands, its still a favorite. My mom has been using it since she was a teen and thats how i heard of it. The best thing about it is how waterproof it is.. I mean, its fantastic. You can go swimming, play sports, sweat, shower..and it wont budge at all. Kinda sucky to remove, but if i can find something that lasts through my football practices without all the boys asking me "why that black stuff on my eyes is running" (lol) then it works for me! Besides, its a mascara classic, and you cant go wrong with the classics

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is very waterproof. I went swimming with this and washed my face multiple times. In the beginning it was quite runny, which made building volume tricky...but then over the course of a month it dried up a little bit and was perfect. A week later after that, the product was just clumpy. my eyelashes can be slightly clumpy but I DO NOT like how 5 stick together to become one.... I ALREADY HAVE SMALL ENOUGH LASHES!! Overall, it dried out my lashes quite a bit.. This is the first waterproof mascara I tried but not the last...