Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/16/2015 2:07:00 PM

When I was so disappointed in the regular "great lash" mascara while all the magazine will always pick it as award winning one, I decided to give it a try to this waterproof one. Again, hugely disappointed, even worse than regular "great lash" one. This one was sticky, hard to apply, hard to remove, and just plain made my lash look ugly. Again, no volumizing, no lengthening, just nothing and pain in the **** to remove it. I hated the gooey , strange consistency of this mascara.

on 4/12/2015 9:18:00 PM

Another buy after reading great reviews on this mascara. It did not smudge which was great! (my number 1 problem) but did not do much other than that. I did not see any volumizing or lengthing. My lashes were just blah. Nothing to write home about. Reject pile.

on 3/14/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am 51, started curling my lashes and wearing this Mascara at 13!
I still use this Mascara, as well as others but I love this Mascara!!
$4.44 for .43oz!! Very Pigmented! Doesn't smear. Holds my curl all day.
Use a few Applications for Bigger, Bolder lashes.
I use Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof eye make up remover.

on 2/9/2015 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh what was I thinking??

I think I somehow confuse this with another mascara. I think I wanted Full n Soft. This formula is fine for me, too wet and smudgy on application, takes a while to dry (crunchy dry, I get itchy with it on for more than 8-10 hrs) and thanks to the useless brush you can't build it up anyway. The brush is basically a stick with rows of tight bristles - nowhere for product to lodge, and minimal contact with lashes. I stick my Clump Crusher brush in there because I can tolerate the wet formula but I hate the brush. No respect for it. Will not repurchase. Removal is as expected with a WP mascara.

on 12/6/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the most waterproof mascara I own and it looks quite natural on the lashes too. This mascara enhances your eyelashes, nothing too special though. Sometimes I use this as a base and then another mascara on top and it looks AMAZING, and it lasts pretty much the whole day. You could use this for an everyday, natural look and it will still look great.

This hasn't really irritated my eyes or done anything to my skin, but this is a pain in the butt to remove. I usually use some sort of oil and just massage my eye area for a bit, rinse off and continue with my normal skincare routine.

Overall, this is an okay mascara but I would repurchase because it makes a great everyday mascara.

on 9/15/2014 4:23:00 PM

It's not waterproof. I jumped in the pool, and was all clumpy raccoon eyes. BOOOO!

on 7/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got the GL Waterproof Lots-of-lashes & I can see why this is a classic & fave of many!! It comes in the iconic green/pink tube... Mine was Very Black. I haven't seen Blackest Black in Waterproof formula (to answer the below posters Q), I wish they would make it!! Even Very Black is quite black & the brush is gr8, it curls my lashes & I recurl them somexs & they really stay curled & look long & pretty!! I've tried other high(ER) brand mascaras like Too Faced Better Than Sex & Benefit They're Real & to me this mascara is a real work horse & can take those 2 on any day w 1 hand tied behind her back!! The price is amazing, it's easily available everywhere (no special trips to the mall to Sephora or to Ulta which is a pain coz I don't drive & I am disabled), this mascara is awesome!! I like it better than the cheaper ones like LA Colors & WnW (I draw the line there!!), but I was so lucky enuff to score 1 of these w a free bonus Define-A-Line eyeliner at walmart yesterday. Best mascara around & I keep coming back to it after straying (I am always onto the new latest greatest thing! & Maybelline does do that w their other mascaras always coming out w new 1's that pique my curiosity! But back to Waterproof Great Lash I go!!). This will not budge. I remove it with EL eye makeup remover (was an Xmas PWP, normally I would never buy that!!), or makeup wipes of various kinds that say they remove waterproof eye makeup on the label. So far I have have never has any adverse reactions or irritation to my eyes due to this product which is good coz I have tear duct plugs & very sensitive chronic dry eye. I like that Maybelline opthamologist tests their eye makeup & labels it for sensitive eyes or contacts (hope it's on humans not animals thou!!), but this is 1 of Maybelline's best offerings. I feel a bit retro using it, thinking of using it when I 1st started wearing makeup at the tender age of 9!! An excellent mascara!!

on 7/12/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I did not even discover GL until I was 30...I was a HE mascara wearer, that being said I'd only buy 2mascaras per yr...But a co- worker introduced me & the rest is history (this I buy every 6wks)...After only 2coats I get longer, black, curled & defined lashes. However, if you want more definition in the GL family I recommend "Lots of Lashes"...Since it's waterproof I don't need the curler. It doesn't flake, smudge nor smear. My go to daily mascara for the summer. I've many other mascaras (as that's my cosmetic vice), yet I ll always re purchase Great Lash & have one in my collection. You cannot really expect miracles w/ it. It's not going to give you Sophia Lauren or Twiggy Lashes (altho, were theirs false? lol)...Anyhow, what you will get is a little length & a little volume, but, you CAN build it up, I find if I go behind my lashes (coating ALL sides, I get a nice thick look)...What I do note about it is - that it packs a punch color-wise as even the Very Black makes my already black lashes stand out. Blackest black is usually what I get but I did not see that my Shoppers Drug Mart had Blackest Black in waterproof. I got mine on sale for $5.50, but there're times I've caught it for as low as $2.99 or 2 for the price of 1 at SDM in Canada. Lastly, it's also a great layering mascara esp in conjunction w/ my HG Voluminous CB. Only minor CON: Difficult to remove. I like to use Virgin Coconut Oil, but I find only J & J's Baby Oil clearly removes this, but whatever, no biggie, just different is all.
UPDATE: I recently just notice(d) that my 70 yr old Mom uses it & my 43 yr old sister, when on vacation together lol we ALL 3 had it in our make-up bags. Ha! Most of my friends do not like it tho, it's pretty either a love or hate formula, wand etc.

on 7/11/2014 1:37:00 PM

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (Very Black, Waterproof)

I'm seriously picky about mascara and can honestly say I've tried most out there, but this ones my most favorite ever!

I picked it because I'd read so many good reviews online, and I'd seen it around so much. Seemed like every one of my lady friends had one.

It's kinda small, comes in a pink tube with a black lid. The brush itself is compact and has spiraling bristles. When I first opened it, this didn't give me much faith, but I was proven wrong!

It goes on smoothly and covers even the tiniest lash right to the tip. Not clumpy at all, even after lots of layers. Lengthens, separates and evenly coats all my lashes.

Usually I wear a few mascaras at once, one for thickening, one for lengthening etc but now I only need the one

Really reasonable price, about 5 from Superdrug.

I think the only downside is that it takes a few coats to get a really thick plush look, but it goes on so nicely and looks really tidy and precise, I'm fine with layering. Plus it doesn't clump at all but still defines all of the lashes individually.

Would absolutely buy it again, really happy with it!

on 7/8/2014 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

What a drag to go to the Caribbean with THIS as your only waterproof mascara - 1 brief dip in the sea and it smudges all over the place! In fact, all I have to do is sweat and it's all over my eyes! I thought perhaps it was defective, so I bought another tube. Same deal! If you like the heavy smudgy look, this is your product! Perhaps Maybelline has a different definition of "water"!