Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/18/2015 10:37:00 PM

This is overhyped. I didn't like this at all. Didn't do much for me. Very inexpensive but not worth it. Maybe I'll try the lots of lashes version b/c I heard that one was better.

on 5/18/2015 9:24:00 AM

Gives the best, soft, feathery lashes. Not a huge volume booster of a mascara, but it enhances your natural lashes to leave them looking gorgeous.
I use waterproof as it holds a curl better than the regular formula.
Great day-time mascara.

on 5/7/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Finally repurchased this after YEARS of mascara failures. I even stopped wearing mascara for a while because they were just that bad. Great Lash does everything I need a mascara to do. It holds a curl; adds just the right amount of length and thickness; doesn't flake, smudge or irritate my eyes; is black, but not too black; and I can find it everywhere. I prefer the waterproof because I am very active and don't have time to be reapplying mascara during the day. I truly do not understand why this has such bad reviews, I've tried all the "cult favorites" (Full N' Soft, Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Chanel Le Volume, etc.) and nothing else comes close.

on 4/16/2015 2:07:00 PM

When I was so disappointed in the regular "great lash" mascara while all the magazine will always pick it as award winning one, I decided to give it a try to this waterproof one. Again, hugely disappointed, even worse than regular "great lash" one. This one was sticky, hard to apply, hard to remove, and just plain made my lash look ugly. Again, no volumizing, no lengthening, just nothing and pain in the **** to remove it. I hated the gooey , strange consistency of this mascara.

on 4/12/2015 9:18:00 PM

Another buy after reading great reviews on this mascara. It did not smudge which was great! (my number 1 problem) but did not do much other than that. I did not see any volumizing or lengthing. My lashes were just blah. Nothing to write home about. Reject pile.

on 3/14/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am 51, started curling my lashes and wearing this Mascara at 13!
I still use this Mascara, as well as others but I love this Mascara!!
$4.44 for .43oz!! Very Pigmented! Doesn't smear. Holds my curl all day.
Use a few Applications for Bigger, Bolder lashes.
I use Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof eye make up remover.

on 2/9/2015 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh what was I thinking??

I think I somehow confuse this with another mascara. I think I wanted Full n Soft. This formula is fine for me, too wet and smudgy on application, takes a while to dry (crunchy dry, I get itchy with it on for more than 8-10 hrs) and thanks to the useless brush you can't build it up anyway. The brush is basically a stick with rows of tight bristles - nowhere for product to lodge, and minimal contact with lashes. I stick my Clump Crusher brush in there because I can tolerate the wet formula but I hate the brush. No respect for it. Will not repurchase. Removal is as expected with a WP mascara.

on 12/6/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the most waterproof mascara I own and it looks quite natural on the lashes too. This mascara enhances your eyelashes, nothing too special though. Sometimes I use this as a base and then another mascara on top and it looks AMAZING, and it lasts pretty much the whole day. You could use this for an everyday, natural look and it will still look great.

This hasn't really irritated my eyes or done anything to my skin, but this is a pain in the butt to remove. I usually use some sort of oil and just massage my eye area for a bit, rinse off and continue with my normal skincare routine.

Overall, this is an okay mascara but I would repurchase because it makes a great everyday mascara.

on 9/15/2014 4:23:00 PM

It's not waterproof. I jumped in the pool, and was all clumpy raccoon eyes. BOOOO!

on 7/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got the GL Waterproof Lots-of-lashes & I can see why this is a classic & fave of many!! It comes in the iconic green/pink tube... Mine was Very Black. I haven't seen Blackest Black in Waterproof formula (to answer the below posters Q), I wish they would make it!! Even Very Black is quite black & the brush is gr8, it curls my lashes & I recurl them somexs & they really stay curled & look long & pretty!! I've tried other high(ER) brand mascaras like Too Faced Better Than Sex & Benefit They're Real & to me this mascara is a real work horse & can take those 2 on any day w 1 hand tied behind her back!! The price is amazing, it's easily available everywhere (no special trips to the mall to Sephora or to Ulta which is a pain coz I don't drive & I am disabled), this mascara is awesome!! I like it better than the cheaper ones like LA Colors & WnW (I draw the line there!!), but I was so lucky enuff to score 1 of these w a free bonus Define-A-Line eyeliner at walmart yesterday. Best mascara around & I keep coming back to it after straying (I am always onto the new latest greatest thing! & Maybelline does do that w their other mascaras always coming out w new 1's that pique my curiosity! But back to Waterproof Great Lash I go!!). This will not budge. I remove it with EL eye makeup remover (was an Xmas PWP, normally I would never buy that!!), or makeup wipes of various kinds that say they remove waterproof eye makeup on the label. So far I have have never has any adverse reactions or irritation to my eyes due to this product which is good coz I have tear duct plugs & very sensitive chronic dry eye. I like that Maybelline opthamologist tests their eye makeup & labels it for sensitive eyes or contacts (hope it's on humans not animals thou!!), but this is 1 of Maybelline's best offerings. I feel a bit retro using it, thinking of using it when I 1st started wearing makeup at the tender age of 9!! An excellent mascara!!

Popular Mascaras