The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really miss the old scent of the satsuma body butter - it was zingy, tangy and super authentic. The new reformulated fragrance is much more artificial smelling, almost like orange candies and it's missing that "zing" that the old formula had. I was able to pick up a jumbo sized Satsuma Body Butter in the old packaging (see main photo) and I'm happy to report that it's the original Satsuma scent :). I always get compliments when I put this on - people always tell me I smell great and want to know what I'm wearing. HG body care scent for sure.

Bought this online without smelling it as the reviews are 99% positive and it's a BS best seller. For me it's all about scent-if I don't like the smell of anything whatever it may be I will not use it and this butter falls into this category. I was expecting a fresh orangey smell but it is a very strong citrus scent combined with something else that smell a bit strange. I put a dab on my arm and I guess if you are a citrus fan you would enjoy this but the smell is far too strong for me and I can see it giving me a headache if applied everywhere.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

What a juicy burst of citrus! It is my fave TBS body butter scent to date. Light feel but moisturizing.

I've used other Satsuma products from TBS and loved them, and I've used other body butters from TBS and also loved them, but this combo is just a huge NO. In the container it smelled great, and then I put it on clean skin with no other scents on, and it immediately started smelling rancid. Kind of this old lady perfume/rotting fruit/formaldehyde smell. I actually dumped the rest of it out (outside, even, so I wouldn't have to smell it in my house) because it was so horrible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

BUY THIS. Just do it. It smells fantastic, like a giant juicy orange, and does a fantastic job of moisturizing dry skin. I never used body moisturizers before finding this product because I felt like they left my skin greasy, but this one sinks in within a couple of minutes and makes my skin feel really soft. Worth every penny.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my first body butter purchase from TBS -- and I must say --- I really like it! The satsuma scent is so fresh and delicious. I am a little greasy until it completely absorbs so that would be the only negative. But I will definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I adore TBS's Satsuma scent - and the body butter is no exception. A small tub is $6 - but I got mine for $3. SCORE!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The Body shop Satsuma Body butter is great super hydrating and the scents last
ages on the skin great for dry skin it makes the skin feel smooth and soft and scent
Lingers this reason I give 5 stars is good product I layer with Satsuma body mist youll
feel and smell very fresh great for summer time I live sunny and hot place this great
scent for tropical climate is gorgeous product probably one favorite body butter,

I love this body butter i purchased this and Strawberry as cold weather pick me ups. I have used Strawberry and love it but Satsuma oh my even my boyfriend said wow whatever you're wearing smells so good. He never notices my lotions and potions so this is a winner in my book because it works great as a butter and a summery scent. The fact that he noticed says a lot because he never notices any scents on me. Makeup he has his opinions but for him to like this lets me know it's a a good one. It smells like what Clementines would be if they were made into Vitamin C pills.

I have a love affair with Orange or citrus scents they have to be just right and this is. I love the way it makes my skin feel and it goes well with my strawberry or grapefruit washes. Plus it's good enough for my man to say hey you're smelling good. It totally made my day so i'm happy that he likes it too because that's important. Also I love this citrus scent ad my soft skin. It really brightens my mood and has me ready for warmer months:) So Recommended!

Very fresh and clean. Citrusy. Wouldn't buy it becauss I prefer sweeter scents like the vanilla and strawberry and coconut butters, but this is still. Beautiful scent and very moisturising :)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products