Orly In A Snap

4.1

MEK, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Proprionate, Ethyl Methacrylate

Rarely I post reviews but this.. What a nightmare?! I bought it on ebay for about 5, same price as seche but bigger bottle. I looked up reviews and was positively surprised so I decided to bid on it. Nice packaging, comfortable and big bottle. Product itself on the other hand I would not use this even if this was the only top coat available to buy. It does not dry your polish, its too thin, leaves strikes, polish already chipping (painted last night, not done anything, only bathed) it is called in a snap, who ever came up with it please rethink or use on your own nails. I would not give it one star. Do not buy, spend money on seche or Nail Inc Caviar Top Coat. Nothing comes close to them two genius inventions. Will throw away the unfortunate Orly in a snap (crap).

on 7/15/2013 12:45:00 PM

This is the second Orly product that I've been disappointed in. (The first being Tough Cookie.) Pros: This top coat DOES dry quickly and has a nice shine. Cons: My nails chipped within a couple days, and the bottle got thick & gloopy after only about a month. Not impressed. Zoya, OPI, Sally Hansen, etc. all make better quick-drying top coats.

on 6/17/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I hate this stuff. It's thin, watery, and takes aaaaaages to dry. It's a shame, because I love Orly's packaging (the rubber cap is so easy to grip), and it doesn't smell as toxic as Seche Vite, but it's just so horrible. I can't believe they call this a "quick dry" top coat. Next.

on 6/17/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this on Saturday, today is Monday & my nails are chipping so bad! I have a habit of picking when polish starts to chip & Ive noticed thin layers are peeling from my nails :(

I really like the amount of product you get & i like the glass jar & rubber handle. Fortunately, I purchased this from a warehouse so didnt pay the full price. It does leave a really nice finish, but dont think I'll buy again.

It hasnt discouraged me about the Orly brand, I'd still like to try out a few of their polishes.

on 5/2/2013 1:14:00 PM

I bought a bottle of this about 5 years ago, and some how it got chucked to the back of my nail polish draw. I was having a clear out a few months ago and came by it. WOW! it's as thin and easy to use as it ever was! I don't know why I had not used it all up when I bought it...I do my nails in last thing at night sitting up in bed, then apply this straight away and never get bedclothes marks! I have used SV which turned thick very quickly on me, so much so that I never repurchased it. I will definitely be repurchasing this if it ever runs out!

on 4/6/2013 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very goopy less than halfway through the bottle. Adjusted with polish thinner, slightly better now.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried three quick dry top coats. This is the least favorite of the three. Essie Good to Go dries semi fast and doesn't goop up towards the end, Seche Vite dries the fastest but goops up half way through the bottle, and this ORLY in a snap dries slower than both. It still dries faster than a regular top coat, but for the price, I will be going with Essie. The Orly was just tacky/sticky too long for my taste.

A pretty good quick-dry topcoat, dries all layers of even the thickest lacquer in 10 minutes. Nice packaging, doesn't smell. Fair price for the quality.

on 9/9/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bought this on a friend's recommendation when I complained that Sec N Dry dries almost instantly, but does not have a shiny finish. This is shinier, but takes longer to dry. I'd say probably a few minutes before it is dry to the touch. I have not noticed shrinkage, but I am still testing for that. It is fine, but nothing to write home about. Would probably not repurchase.

on 8/1/2012 3:30:00 PM

I don't really classify this as a "quick-drying" topcoat. It isn't as fast as Seche Vite, or Poshe, or even SH Insta-Dri. It is faster than most regular speed topcoats, but you can't just slap this on and walk out the door.

I have no shrinkage with this topcoat, and I like that it isn't as toxic as the others. It is a thinner consistancy, and very easy to spread without causing drag lines. On the other hand, I find that the thin formula soaks into glitter polishes too quickly, leaving no shiny hard topcoat!

It isn't perfect, but it is good. You get a huge bottle for a reasonable price, and it works for most everyday manicures.

Top Rated Orly Products