October 20, 2014 | 1449 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by valeriana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

SHADE - I got this in NC35. I'm Asian with light medium skintone and warm undertones. NC35 is a good match for me.

FINISH - At first, I really didn't love this. There was just something off about the finish but then I used it with a good primer and voila! Flawless, awesome, brilliant! If you haven't been able to make this work for you, experiment with different primers underneath. The one that I love using with this right now is a Korean primer - A'Pieu Magic Pore Cover Balm.

COVERAGE - It's full coverage. I use the smallest amount, like a tiny dot, for everyday use. You can thin it out even more with your moisturizer for even lighter coverage. For more coverage, it's very buildable. Apply in thin layers until you get where you need to be. Side Note: There's something latex-y about this, if you know what I mean (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). It's like it forms a thin film but it's not mask-like as long as you apply with a light hand. If you have zits, acne scars, blemishes, or dark spots, you'd still need a touch of concealer.

LASTING POWER - Good and even better with a good primer.

PACKAGING - It comes in a bottle with a twist cap. The consistency of the foundie is thick and the opening of the bottle is small. My bottle is still mostly full but I imagine It would be a challenge to get stuff out when it's less full. This is not cheap so I want to get every drop I can out of it. :P The packaging makes that difficult.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by berae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is HEAVY. The coverage is strong enough that it's basically a full ounce of concealer. For daily use, I cut just one pump of this with two pumps of CeraVe PM moisturizer. I really only use this straight at night because the finish is not very flattering on my skin due to some scarring and big pores. I would never use this at full strength during the day regardless of skin type, though. Still, for the price and the insane coverage, I will still probably repurchase this because I have pretty significant issues with hyperpigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Hollyuk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!

It has taken me a good 5-6 years to find a foundation I like but this is my favourite. It doesn't dry my skin out like other foundations do and it doesn't slide off and look greasy hours later like others can (I team this with the mac studio fix foundation).

The bottles seem small but surprising quite a lot of product In, I'm the uk it's priced at £21.50 so it's not cheap but still fairly affordable and for a good foundation it is worth paying. I can definitely tell this difference when I use this my skin looks almost flawless when I do wear this.

Would I buy it again? 100% yes!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Megaton

I absolutely love this foundation. I've long struggled with drug store foundations that have never quite matched my skin tone or they've irritated my face. During a trip to Ireland I decided to splurge and pick myself up a bottle of the studio fix fluid in NW20. It goes on smooth and literally lasts the entire day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by adrianalaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation for a night out. I definitely wouldn't wear it everyday because it's a little too heavy for that (at least for my liking since I like looking more natural during the day). Since it is a full coverage foundation, I find that it makes my skin look flawless in photos. It does look a little caked in person, however.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ericaphillips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation pretty well. I'm pretty pale, but also yellow. (NC20) no drugstore foundations work for me. They're too pink and look like I've rubbed blush all over my face. I have been incorrectly matched as a NW shade, mostly because I'm Caucasian and most people think white=pink undertones. And often times, the person at the counter will match you wrong and try to shame you into buying what they suggested. Don't listen to them. Ask for samples of what they suggested, and what you think and try them both out.

As for actual Studio Fix, I do like this. It can look cakey if you don't blend it well. It makes me look dry sometimes but I do have very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Stym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This will be long, but you will find it VERY valuable information to help figure out why your search for the right foundation is giving you the blues. So for the length, I apologize, but I promise you'll thank me for it after you're done reading this.

First of all, let me say that one of the biggest problems I found with my foundation setting right is that the moisturizer I was putting on my face was a major contributing factor in the foundation not appearing right on my skin. Some foundations I have tried set better than others once I changed my moisturizer, but there were still other issues. So before throwing in the towel, check your foundation against the moisturizer you use, especially if you're trying a new foundation. Secondly, if you use a pressed or loose powder to set your foundation, check to see if it has talc in it. This is the same talc that's in baby powder. I found that talc eats my skin up, flares my pores, and just does all around damage to my skin and the foundation, any foundation, I wear. It honestly isn't good for the skin anyway. So, I had to switch over to a transluceant powder, in which, most do not have talc in it. This too can potentially throw off how your foundation(s) sets on your face. Lastly, if you have oily skin/combination skin like I do, whether your black, white, pink, or green in skin color, you MUST keep your hair washed. When I get lazy about washing my hair, it gets oily. The oil from my hair seeps into my skin through my pore causing excessive oil on my face and especially my eye lids. When my skin starts to shine through my foundation, I know I'm being lazy and need to wash my hair. It really makes a difference. Before faulting a new foundation, and even blaming your current foundation, make sure your hair is not part of the cause, mainly if your foundation is designed to combat oily skin. It might combat oily skin, but not an oil field.

Now, with all of this said, on to my review. It's a bit premature considering I've only been wearing it for a few hours (6) now. Originally, I tested Mac MatchMaster Foundation 9.0, but I had to return it because it made my face itchy. Then, I was introduced to Studio Fix NW46. Trust me when I say that I feel everyone's pain with having to search to no end for the right foundation. It has taken me 2-3 months and many disappointments to arrive at this point. I have tried department store, as well as, drug store foundations and mostly all of them had a few things wrong with them, mainly bad color match, too thick, cakey or creased up, made my skin olier, etc. It has been like digging for gold during the great American Gold Rush.

Anywho, because I'm a bit older (44 yo) than most of the yound ladies on here, I can only say with just having worn this for a short time, so far, it seems to be working out nicely for me. It hasn't oxidized, caked/creased up, made my skin itchy, and it's done a fantabulous job with battling my oily skin. Because I tried this on at Dillards when exchanging the other one, part of my face is made up with Make Up For Ever HD and another part with Mac Studio Fix NW46. The Mac has blown MUFE HD away. Where there is MUFE HD, there is oil, but not in the areas of Mac Studio Fix. With this, I'm not using a finishing powder that contains talc in it. Instead, I'm using Mac Prep+Prime transparent pressed powder - awesome combination. With the mouthful that I have said, I would take all this into consideration and sau to try it. I mean it can't hurt. If you live in the U.S., you can always get a refund or, by what I'm told, Mac has approximately 16 variations of foundations. Pick one! You're bound to fall in love with one of them. As for the price, I was shocked it was only $26. I believe MatchMaster was $35, but MUFE HD, $40ish... The price is manageable for my budget. I'll update this in a few days after trying it longer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by jadesox

I'm a bit on the fence with my overall view on this foundation. It's a bit of a love/hate. I absolutely adore the finish of this foundation more than anything. Looks gorgeous on the skin and photographs beautifully. My issue is that I'm pretty sure I get break outs when I wear it. And reading other people sharing the same problem makes me think that I a right. If I were to purchase this again, it would be for occasional use only. Revlon Colorstay is a good dupe/alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got this foundation a gift for christmas and was (obviously) very excited to try out my first ever Mac foundation since I've been thrilled with Mac Concealers this far. So I put in on right away and was disappointed. I always thought I was a NW20 in Mac, considering the lady at the counter matched me for NW20 concealers, which have always worked for me perfectly when it comes to colour match. This foundation in NW20 is way too dark and too yellow for me. I was a beginner at this point and I didn't know that a skin with rather red undertones is considered cool - correct me if I'm wrong, still not completely sure I get what Mac is trying to tell me with their colour range - so I probably should've used a NC-shade.

Now on to the foundation itself:
It's a quite thick texture, reminds me of Revlon's Colorstay but it kinda creases after one-two hours. Also it's got that typical Mac foundation smell, which to me smells just like paint. I've never worn it out the house, just for stay-home-days and it's put up okay with my oily/combo skin, but didn't live up to what I'd expected it to be.

If you're not as oily as I am you might wanna give this foundation a try, I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by nelehhx

I hate this. So. Much. Like, fiery passion hate.

I have sensitive skin, this broke me out and gave me contact dermatitis - a reaction (and I'm used to them) unmatched by any other product I've tried on my skin.

It does NOT look natural. I don't care what anyone says. Your version of 'natural' is not the same as mine. Every guy I know that I've spoken to about girls wearing this foundation agrees - this stuff looks terrible up close. Especially in direct sunlight or under fluorescent lighting, yuck. It looks nice from afar but that's not really the point now, is it kids. I have very high standards for how my foundation looks - and I don't want it to be able to be detected. I want my face to look perfect, without it looking like I obviously have something on. I can achieve this easily with other products - with this, I have no chance in hell.

I hate it so much, I'll never purchase any MAC products again. There are better alternatives elsewhere and I believe their products are over-hyped.