July 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sloquitaa

This product is truly amazing. I got matched up with NC42 and the yellow undertone on my medium brown skin, works to perfection. Yeah it smells like paint and the packaging can be improved, but overall it's provided a flawless coverage which I love. MAC creators are geniuses!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was always hesitant to buy this because I was afraid it would oxidize on my completely fair skin. I was using Studio Sculpt in NC15 and I just got fed up because it was so dark on me. I am not oily, but I am not really dry either. Only on the sides of my nose. So, I'm pretty normal/combination sometimes. Since this is available in NW10 (the lightest MAC makes, other than completely white in Face and Body) I decided to give it a go. It is perfect for me! The color is also WAY better than the old NC15 I was using in Studio Sculpt. It's medium/almost full coverage. Never noticed it oxidizing on me either. Always use a moisturizer under this, if you have the same skin as me. Or, a primer if you have oily skin. This is my HG foundation. I recommend the MAC 187 brush with this! Or any stippling brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by acupofsarah

This foundation looks lovely on some people but sadly it did not work for me. I have dry skin and found it to stick to dry patches, also it tends to break me out when I use it. The consistency of the foundation is quite thick, and as I did not buy my foundation with a pump it was extremely hard to work with. Only plus side is that I would say it is quite long lasting.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

NOT FOR DRY SKIN. I am so upset, I don't uderstand why sales assistant in MAC pushed me into buying this after I specifically said that I have dry skin and patches. There are so many things wrong about this foundation that I will have to make a list:
1. Smells like paint and the smell is strong.
2. Oxidizes so easily, turns slightly more orange than you expecte it to be.
3. Powdery finish emphasises my dry patches and looks awfully caky.
4. My skin feels extremely tight after first 10 minutes of wearing the foundation.
I really wanted to like this foundation so I tried overcoming these problems while mixing this MAC foundation with MUFE HD hydration elexir, which helped a little bit, but still foundation makes my skin feel tight and looks patchy. Then I decided to add some of very greasy Garnier BB cream, but again it sitll goes patchy. (it did help with the smell tho).
Now some Pros:
1. Long lasting
2. Full coverage
All in all I am very upset because I've spent quite a lot of money on it and I won't be able to use it.... I wish there would be a way I could fix it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Jo333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

bought the nw25 and have to say its very heavy full coverage. Pros are it will cover a multitude of sins; acne, bruises, hangovers. The formula is quite mat with a slight sheen. I would only use this foundation for the purpose of covering an injury or portrait photography as its not shimmery or reflective, its like a mask and has a plasticizing quality covering everything - making a very flat base to build on.

For day to day use its simply not suitable for my skin, and will break out in spots the following day - so for the price it doesn't get much value at all sitting in the cupboard used once a year! Still handy to own, with the knowledge it can cover like polyfiller!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by danggtaylorr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my first MAC purchases and I absolutely love the result! The shade is perfect and the finish is gorgeous. My only complaint is the smell. I don't know if it's just mine, but it smells like paint or paint thinner. If it didn't smell and if it was about $10-$20 cheaper, it would probably be my holy grail. So close, MAC, so close.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

This foundation is good for coverage only when it's built up. The price is ridiculous for the amount you get. The glass of the bottle is so thick there is hardly any foundation in there. It stays on quite long but makes you break out like hell. You can get good dupes for oily/combination skin for half of the price, Revlon colour stay.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by chlodewick21

the mac studio fix fluid provides a brilliant coverage, a nice consistency, the packaging is flattering and it is excellent to wear for a special occassion as its very long lasting

However..

i got colour matched too dark meaning i can only wear it when i have tanned, otherwise you can see its too dark, i have oily skin on my tea zone and i find it seems to cake up alot around that area, i also find it dosent seem to even out very well and can be quite patchy,

overall its a nice foundation but it is a tad overrated and i dont think i would re-purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin and so far this product works for me. I am also very pale with yellow undertones so this is probably the first foundation out of about 4 I have tried that this is really working wonders. Apparently it is known for break outs but I have not had any more than what I would normally have, may be the odd one or too? I think those people should just clean there face more and eat well! If you are also in the puberty age bracket, pimples could be from that.

Pros- It's worth a try, keeps me matte for a big portion of the day, pair it up with innoxa poor vanisher and looks amazing, colour is perfect, it's thick and full coverage, apply with a flat top kabuki brush and you will be in heaven.

Cons- you have to buy a pump for about $8, it's $50 (in Australia), it smells a little funky

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tquirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this foundation for about a year now. I have NW 15. At first i used it every day, and now i just use BB cream for every day wear. This foundation has amazing coverage. Although i found in summer i needed a darker shade because i was more tanned and my face would look white in photos. I did notice when i used it every day i got more pimples. Now i just use it for when i have events, parties or going out. I found the coverage was too intense for every day wear, and that's why i switched to a BB cream. The only downside about this foundation that if you have dry skin patches on your face it makes them stand out heaps, so i recommend a face scrub, wash, cleanser and a lot of moisturizer for quality and good results for application.