MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 4/18/2015 1:14:00 PM

Bought this yesterday after an employee did a demo of the product for me with primer and the powder on my whole face. Loved that it covered all the redness in my skin as that's usually a problem for me. 2 1/2 hours later when I was home, I looked in the mirror and I was in disbelief! All of the product looked barely there except in my pores! It was like I had reverse freckles. I was so disappointed. This was my first ever purchase from MAC and that's not a good start. Will be returning this tomorrow and going to sephora instead.

This product works real well for me as I am quite lucky to have clear skin (most of the time) but just apply foundation to even out my skin tone as that is where I am not so lucky! I find one pump (which you have to buy additionally- not ideal) usually covers my face and any red marks/blemishes I have.

I find this product has to be used with others as I can never seem to wear it on its own and its definitely not a quick fix either you can't just slap it on thinking it will be all even- that is not the case!

on 4/16/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

So, the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, the foundation that everyone loves or hate. Well, I am here to tell you that I am one of the people who loves the foundation and I has not broken me out. I purchase the foundation last year fall. I went to MAC to get colour match and see what foundation fit my skin the best. When I went the makeup artist apply NW50 and NW55 on my face and she let my skin absorb the foundation. When I looked in the mirror, I realized the the side with NW55 was so dark and the NW50 looked my like my skin, she suggest I get the NW50. So my shae is NW50 and I wear this foundation when I am going to an event or party. Now, many people stay that the foundation is the best for oily skin and I would disagree and agree, I last a good amount of time on the skin, but if you are not wear a good primer underneath you will definitely get oily with an half hour to hour guaranteed. The one issue I have with this foundation is the smell. OMG, it smells like paint for the house, the smell does not linger around, so that it a good thing. It also does not have a pump, but a pump can be purchased separately for about $9 bucks. I would repurchase this foundation again and it is the only high-end foundation I own.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently gave this a second chance, after using it when I was in highschool. This is yet another one of those products that works flawlessly in the first month. After that its actually useless. The staying power decreased, it emphasized and stuck to dry patches, it transferred, and the coverage slowly decreased too.
Another extremely big con, it broke me out and NOTHING makes me break out. I wondered why this is so and then upon application I noticed I could actually see it inside my pores, filling them with the product. That put me off instantly, its 200% comedogenic.

I've been on the lookout for a good foundation for years. I have incredibly light skin with pink undertones, which makes foundation searching difficult. A lot of people I followed on Tumblr with a similarly pale complexion like myself swore by this product, so I decided to give it a try. I used the NC15 shade, which is the lightest they make, and it's the best foundation I've used so far. It's pale without making me look ill, yet it doesn't leave an orange-y residue that most 'fair' foundations do. The texture of it felt good on my slightly dry skin, and it never looked caked on. The only downside is that since I'm a student on a budget, I have to regulate how often I use this product. If I could, I'd use it every day, because it would make me look radiant! I just felt like it ran out pretty soon, even though I don't use a crazy amount. I can't complain too much for the price because you definitely get quality with this product, but it's still not ideal for me when I get tempted with foundation that are less than half price. I will definitely buy more when I've got the money though, it's a product I can trust and rely on.

on 3/28/2015 7:51:00 PM

Good coverage but not suitable for oily/acne prone skin!

on 3/27/2015 12:04:00 PM

I have been using studio fluid fix for over a year and I do really like it. this leaves a nice creamy look that's not too matte or too shiny it's a great balance. It does not irritate my skin at all I've gotten bored and have tried other foundations and I have regretted wasting money on other products. I always set this with a thin layer of the blotting powder and it leaves a great finish. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I loved the way this foundation looked and felt on my skin. I have terrible acne scars and this covered them almost completely on it's own. Best quality foundation I've used so far. The lightest shade NC15 was a tiny bit too dark but blended into my complexion well after applying MAC Mineralize in light afterwards.
The only reason I will not be repurchasing this product is that my sensitive skin had an AWFUL breakout after wearing this. First time I wore it, I thought maybe I was just having a bad breakout ( it happens ofter ) but I wore this foundation again yesterday and I have ten or more new zits on my face since then. I would love to wear this foundation regularly but I just don't think my hyper sensitive skin can handle it. It's a shame because I reallyyyyyy liked it :,(

Would not recommend to anyone prone to acne when they wear certain foundations. Otherwise I would definitely consider buying!

If you have young, dewy, perfect and pore less skin then this is for you! But if you have dry skin, breakouts, or any skin imperfections this product could really highlight those. The coverage doesn't seem that great to me either, I've gotten better from drugstore foundations. And it's pricey. And unless you buy pump to go with it, it's annoying to get product out of glass bottle (like those old ketchup commercials where you have to smack the bottom). For me, not a win.

on 3/20/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily, smooth skin then this would be a great match for you. It REALLY keeps skin matte, but if you have any dryness or flakiness (as I did, from Retin-A), then it's going to really accentuate that. You have to blend it really quickly because it dries pretty fast. Also, if you're applying with a typical foundation brush, you might end up with streaks because of how fast it dries. I used my fingers and it looked much better, and a sponge would probably work, too.

Personally, I didn't like the smell at all, it smelled too much like chemicals, but that's a personal preference sort of thing.