MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Mac Studio Fix Fluid VS. Estee Lauder DW
Similarities:
-SCENT: both smell like home interior paint
-COLOR: ELDW in Sand is a very close match to MSFF in NC15. NC15 is slightly a smidge lighter
-strong yellow undertone! Great if you struggle to find drugstore foundations with enough yellow. Great for most Asian skintones like mine!
-PACKAGING: No pump on either. Both 1 fluid oz.

Differences:
-COVERAGE: both have the potential to be full coverage. ELDW is less buildable (can cake easily), but applies full coverage even while applying a minimal amount, is a little more watery, and dries quickly. MSFF is thicker in consistency, but dries slowly and applies sheerer than ELDW. The consistency of MSFF reminds me of Maybelline Superstay. MSFF is not a light coverage foundation though! It is definitely MEDIUM to Buildable full coverage!
-FINISH: ELDW is definitely a matte/porcelain finish. MSFF is slighlty more hydrating and is satin! When light hits the face, the surface is matte, but the skin underneath still has sheen. (MSFF is more natural in my opinion)
-PRICE: I paid $27 for MSFF. $38 for ELDW.
-STAYING POWER: ELDW lasts throughout 10hr days! Very long lasting, but less hydration. MSFF doesn't last as long. (I have oily skin in summer)

Verdict: ELDW is great for oily skin types, especially in summer! If you have dry patches, moisturize well, use a hydrating primer. ELDW is not forgiving when it comes to dry patches. MSFF for combination skin to normal skin. MSFF will look fine over mild dry skin, but bigger dry patches need to be moisturized well. MSFF doesn't last as long on oily skin either. MSFF is better for a more natural look and more forgiving of mild dryness.

on 8/28/2015 6:43:00 AM

I wanted to love this product so much. I decided to splash out and buy a more expensive foundation and read all the great reviews, however my skin HATED it! it broke me out so bad, that even now, a year later I am still trying to stop my skin from breaking out. I don't know what it did but i never had a problem with acne or break outs before, but now i have horrible skin

i do not recommend anyone with acne prone skin to purchase this product, save your money and your skin

on 8/26/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a week now and so far I like it.
The finish when applied with a brush (i use a buffing brush) is a matte/satin finish. the best way to apply this foundation it apply your moisturiser, leave for 5 mins then apply the foundation. I always set with a powder (rimmel stay matte) and it lasts really well and has really good oil control. I find the foundation absorbs the oil which i love as it makes the foundation go luminous and natural, although after a while, I do powder otherwise the foundation can start to slide.
The coverage is perfect for me, medium but can be sheered out or built up with layers. However if you are going to build up the coverage, i would recommend that you do it in thin layers as thick layers go cakey.
I have found that when it comes to powdering throughout the day, you definitelt need to blot with tissue or papers before reapplying powder as the the foundation goes quite cakey if you dont.
So far, I really like this foundation, but do have a few problems with it.
#1 - the smell - the scent of this foundation smells like paint when applied to the skin but after you work the foundation in and it sets, the smell goes.
#2 - the packaging - although I do love a glass bottle when it comes to foundation (it looks so pretty!) it is heavy and it doesnt come with a pump (i brought one seperately) and if you poor it out of the bottle, you can waste a lot.
#3 - application - the first time I used this I applied it with my fingers, huge mistake! it sat on my skin and completely slid off my face within a few hours. Definitely to be applied with a brush!

I paid £22 for the foundation in the UK and brought the pump at the same time which was £6 so it isn't cheap. Definitely get a sample before you buy the full size product!

on 8/26/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Hello,
I bought this foundation after much reviews on ig. And decided I'll try it. I was looking for a matte foundation for very oily skin. That was what I thought I needed. But to my surprise my skin turns out to be oily combo. I have oily areas as well as majority dry spots. So I got this foundation in NC42. I think it's a bit dark. But I make it work. The bottle is okay. You can buy the pump from the MAC store for easier use. I like that with a good primer it will last for a while without touch up. I'm thinking of trying something else. So I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this again. I recommend this to anyone that's looking for medium to full coverage foundation with yellow undertones. And oily skin.

on 8/20/2015 8:54:00 PM

I love this foundation. It's a great coverage and makes my skin look flawless. Before I used this I used the Nars all day luminous weightless foundation. It's £11 cheaper then that and way better. I am shade nc15 and it is a perfect match. I would definitely buy this again. I like to apply it with a damp real techniques sponge, it makes it look a little more natural. I am oily combination and I usually get super oily through the day, not with this foundation though, I do set it with a powder. The only bad thing about this is the smell and it rubs off on my nose through the day. The packaging is nice, but the lid can get very messy.

on 8/19/2015 4:07:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really dislike this foundation. It makes me so super oily and oxidizes like crazy. It isnt long wearing at all and feels thick on the face. The coverage is good but that is one of the only nice things about it. If you have oily skin i do not recomend this at all

on 8/18/2015 11:03:00 PM

In my many years of wearing foundation I have to say I have bought this foundation the most. I use to have fairly bad acne and acneprone skin and needed a full coverage foundation. I've used everything from Chanel to Nars to Maybelline and for a full coverage matte foundation and a good price MACs studio fix foundation has it all.

on 8/18/2015 12:39:00 PM

I'm surprise by the low reviews as I am so in love with this foundation!

A friend of mine recommended I try it and I was immediately hooked. It's flawless, matte and lasts all day (and night) and doesn't cause me to break out.

I moisturize, apply the foundation, concealer and MAC studio perfect compact, Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray and I'm all set for work from 8am till 11pm with only blotting my T-zone occasionally (I do not touch up my make up at all!). It's awesome for night out partying as well. My make up stays on from 11pm till 6am with no need for touch up.

I have really oily skin and this foundation really helps with the oil control and keeps me matte all day long.

Not sure if it's the setting spray that kept it on but I do forget to spray at times and it's still the same.

Would definitely get it again!

on 8/14/2015 1:13:00 PM

Love the feel of this foundation, not too thick and it doesn't run down your face. I also like how it gives you a tint of bronze color allowing me to use less bronzer powdeer.

on 8/14/2015 12:37:00 PM

So when I heard Mac came out with shade NW10 I was trilled, finally one pale enough. The formula is great goes on easily, but smells weird, the only problem I have is its not pale enough, so please bring out a NW5, maybe I'm related to casper?