Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

3.2

on 6/18/2015 1:23:00 PM

Clinique's All About Eyes concealer in Light Petal has been my go-to concealer for nearly 7 years now. I discovered it when I spent 2 semesters in college working at Dillard's and I have never strayed. I've had bags under my eyes since 6th grade, so needless to say, concealer was the first makeup product I ever started using. Most concealers are too lightweight and either give me NO coverage or wear off after a few hours. If a concealer DOES give a fair amount of coverage, then usually it settles into the fine lines around my eyes which ends up looking worse than my eye bags.

This product is the ONLY concealer I have found that offers FULL coverage, LASTS all day, and doesnít look cakey or settle into my fine wrinkles. It's buildable, but honestly, you don't need much for it to do its job! Iíve got green undertones to my skin, so the peachy hue does a great job of canceling out my dark circles in a really natural way (green and lavender concealers look bizarre on me- I don't touch them!).

The one downside to this concealer? Because of its peachy hue, I definitely cannot use it on blemishes because the concealer sticks out like a sore thumb when I use it anywhere except under my eyes. The other downside is that because I use so little, the product often ďexpiresĒ before I can use it all up. Once it gets more than 2 years old, the texture and consistency take a definite nose dive, and sometimes the ingredients separate. But hey, thatís still a pretty darn long lifespan, so I just buy a new tube and throw the unfinished tube out. When youíve got eye bags like mine, itís worth it.

on 5/12/2015 9:04:00 PM

Luv it, it is my must concealer for my clients!!

on 3/5/2015 4:30:00 PM

I decided to try this since Clinique's foundations and powders work well for me as a general rule. I'm really glad I did because it's great! I purchased it in the lightest color, 01 Light Neutral since the other colors all seemed either too yellow or too pink for my skin-tone. I notice it looks pretty much the same on my eye as the MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer in NW20 that I've been using for years which I'm happy about. I actually prefer the Clinique now and wish I had tried this years ago!

The color is a tiny bit lighter and a little more yellow-toned than I like, but if applied with a light hand it brightens my under-eye area considerably more than the MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer and covers darkness and circles just as well. I guess I could try a lighter shade in the MAC but the packaging of the Clinique will keep me with it for a while because the tube packaging is considerably easier to use and more cost-effective than the tricky pump packaging that the MAC is sold in.

My one issue with this concealer line is the color selection, thus the 4 lippies instead of 5. Most shades in the line leaned too yellow or too pink, I wish Clinique would introduce a couple more truly neutral shades. Also, it can crease in the fine lines under the eye if not blended really well and set with a good powder.

Overall though I'm pretty impressed with Clinique's All About Eyes Concealer and can definitely see myself purchasing this again in the future!

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Bought it a bit due to the pressure of the counter hehe. Even if I put eye cream it sets in my fine lines. I am not old but if I smile and get my normal lines you can see them creasing there. If I put little covers nothing, maybe I have very dark circles...if you have them go on to another product.

I can't even...... I don't even know.... Like.... I LOVE this concealer! It's my alltime holy grail. It covers my dark under-eye-circles and make me look... alive! wow! Also, I like to use it if I have any red spots (however, I avoid very dry cracks and such). It blends in nicely, but make sure to get one in a slightly lighter colour than you normally would and set it with some setting powder. Packaging is nice, it isn't messy. Sure, it could be cuter though, but keep in mind that clinique is all about the simple look. Alright, it's quite expensive, but I promise, it's worth it!
always my love <3

I personally hate this concealer. It creases and looks awful under the eyes no matter how little I use. I have used it on hyperpigmentation and blemishes and it does ok there. I would say unless you are very young skip this and get the line smoothing concealer by clinique , that one is a beautiful concealer and works wonders.

on 12/22/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried many under eye concealers to hide my purple/blue bags, and none have worked until I found clinique's all about eyes!

Like a few people have said, there are a few tricks to make sure it is properly applied.

1. Only use a TINY amount, as this is all that is needed. Too much and it will look cakey and orangey and you will waste product

2. Apply with a concealer brush, I have tried to use my fingers but it doesn't blend properly for a natural flawless look. A concealer brush however will achieve this.

And whilst it does cost $36 for a small tube in australia, it lasts a very very long time as you only need a minuscule amount for each eye.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Clinique All About Eyes Concealer conceals dark circles very well. I have used this concealer for several years. Will try out other's, but always return to this one.

Concealer doesn't fade, doesn't look cakey, and never dries out on skin causing it to disseminate and flake underneath eye area.

This is a thick concealer, so a dab will do you. I only use a small dot of concealer to hide dark circles and dark shadows on the side of my nose near the eyelids.

Reviewers have written there's a limited color selection, but the color, 04 Medium Petal, is the one the SA recommended, and the color works well with my skin tone.

on 10/26/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this for under darkness and general concealer for years. It never creases or magnifies the lines around my eyes. I try others, Kat Von D (close second), MUFE (way too thick and dry), Bye Bye Under Eye from IT (too thick, creases like crazy)...nothing beats All About Eyes.

The only draw back is the limited color options. None for very fair or darker skin tones and all are slightly peach, which actually helps counter under eye circles.

I do not have to set this with powder and it wears all day.

on 8/2/2014 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favourite under eye concealer has for a long time now been MAC pro longwear concealer, however this clinique gem is becoming a fast favourite! I must admit i am not surprised by the bad reviews. This product is tricky but when mastered it is beautiful.

helpful hints:

1. Use the smallest amount. 1 tiny dot is enough for both eyes. Using too much will take too long to blend and it takes longer to dry. It will look like a can of paint exploded on your face.

2. Warm the product by dabbing it with fingers under the eye but DO NOT blend with fingers.

3. Use a brush to blend this out. I find the clinique eye shader brush works very well. It blends easier and the brush mops up any excess product. I find using fingers takes too long to blend, leaves an unnatural finish and leaves the product sitting ontop of the skin.

4. DO NOT set this with powder. When it drys, it drys solid. It does not move. Added powder can leave it looking cakey or unnatural. If you feel yoh MUST use powder, use a VERY light hand. But trust me, it really isnt needed.

5. This is not meant to be a highlighter. Even if you get a lighter shade. It is too heavy duty. It is designed to cover dark circles and discolouration. Looks better in a shade closer to your skin tone and highlighter should be applied over this after it has dried. I use MAC bright forecast over this and it works beautifully.

i hope these tips help. It really is an excellent concealer. It covers dark circles REALLY WELL, it comes in a hygenic squeeze tube, fragrance free, wide range of shades, and is long lasting.

It only requires a bit of patience in mastering. Dont give up... it will be worth it.