December 22, 2014 | 1881 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - The Makeup Corrector Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by supapo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This really helps correcting mistakes with my lipstick applications. I don't know if its worth paying that much just to do that but if there wasnt any makeup remover, this is the next best thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Almost perfect! I have some acne scars and the fact that this corrector is a pencil makes it very practical to use it on small targeted areas unlike most liquid or cream concealers that spread out and you really have to wear them with makeup.
Some times when I want to go on some outdoor activity and can't wear makeup I just put this magical pencil to work followed by a bit of some loose powder to help it stay put and you can't tell I'm wearing it but you can't see the acne scars either, so it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Ijulyk

I finally found the ingredient list! It was on the Nordstrom website:
Ingredients
Trioctanoin, Behenic Acid, Talc, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Japan Wax, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Palm Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palm Oil, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome, awesome product. I have fair skin, so the color really matches with my skintone. I use it for two things: One, for lining my lower inner lash line to make myself look more "awake" and to neutralize the redness I have there, and also to cover little flaws on-the-go when my concealer begins to fade in the middle of the day. It's such a convenient little pencil and a bonus is that it's very gentle, never irritating my very sensitive skin. I bought it on a whim in TJMaxx, but I would buy it again any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by AriD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most useful makeup item I have ever had. I bought my pencil many years ago and even though I use it almost daily I still have half a stick left, it lasts a really long time. Its perfect for little red spots and other small blemishes. I also have rosacea and the area right under my eyelashes is usually red and this pencil fixes it perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by fish123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealor pencil. I have brown spots on my face and need to touch up throughout the day so I decided to try this. It's not only perfect for on the go, but I use it instead of a cream concealor. It stays on longer and is so easy to use. I don't need a brush with it. I just pencil in the area to be covered and then dab with my finger. I definitely reccommend this for all uses, especially for travel or purse.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I don't like to use it as a concealer because it's not particularly good at that (on my skin anyway). But it's fantastic to line the eye waterline. It's not as obvious as the regular white pencil (I have their white pencil as well and it's great if your eyes are not tired) and makes a huge difference if my eyes look tired/red. And it actually stays on the waterline the whole day without irritating my already irritated eyes :-) I have it in 1 light. Have had it for a few years already and it's not even half-finished. LOVE it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I have to review this concealer because it is one of the few things I faithfully keep using since almost 20 years and every time I wanted to try something different I came back to this.
I have always had dark circles under my eyes, I think it is genetic, and I have always hated them because they make me look sort of tired or sick. So a concealer was one of the first makeup tools I used as teenager. I don’t remember how I came to this concealer but it was from the first time so perfect that I sticked to it. The reasons? Well, my dark circles are actually not circles but sort of “linen”. So I don’t need to cover a big area but just a small one. For that purpose this fine pencil is perfect and the consistency is ideal. It is soft enough to “draft” small lines on my skin without irritating it and afterword I gently blend it with a finger in order to unify the colour. Done! This is not too buttery or greasy, like many concealers that slide or smear. The adhesion to the skin is perfect and the finish is not dry and cakey. It is important to use a good moisturizer underneath and even if I use a thicker eye cream there is not problem. Once put it lasts all day. And the colour natural 2 has a peachy note that matches perfect my skin. In all these years every now and than I wanted to try something new or different especially after having read outstanding reviews or ads about other wonderworkers but not one could hold it with it. Not all the high tech concealers of YSL, Dior, MUFE, MAC and also more expensive brands. They are too poor in coverage or too unnatural in colour or consistency, too dry or to grease or not longlasting enough. I hope that Shiseido will keep making it forever.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by huinee

I got this because of great reviews, and I love experimenting with concealers, mainly for covering blemishes and scars. I thought this would be great because it had potential to be great for spot-concealing.

Unfortunately, I ended up disappointed. First of all, this concealer had a waxy, dry texture. When I apply it on my face, it didn't stick so I had to "color" it a few times, which then made it look too thick and stand out glaringly on my skin. I did moisturize my face before applying this, but that didn't help at all.

The color selection was also very limited. I got the medium, number 2, which looked yellowish on the pencil but ended up kind of peachy on my skin, which didn't go well with my skin color.

Overall it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Shiseido The Makeup Corrector Pencil to line my waterline - gives the same effect as a white pencil as far as brightening the eye area and cancels out the redness that is there naturally.

I don't use this as a true concealor except for gently marking around my freshly applied brows to tighten the lines and make it neater. (Shiseido makes an awesome brow pencil also).

I give this a 5 - but I have never tried to cover blemishes or conceal pigmentation. I will purchase again!