Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This liner is good overall. It is creamy and has a soft, matte finish. So you won't get crisp lines with this which can be bad or good. I sharpen my cat eyes with either tape or concealer to address that problem. The color payoff is good and the softness is actually great for smoky looks. It's not a bold jet black but it is dark.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Really good product. Super creamy, easy to work with, super waterproof, I can do a variety of thing with it so it's great.
I am better working with pen liquid liners, I find them faster and easier to use, but this product is great nonetheless.

I always receive compliments when wearing this gel eyeliner. Longer lasting compared to Mac Fluidline gel eyeliner. Much easier to use than liquid eyeliner and more natural looking. Have yet to find a better replacement.

This gel liner was quite a disappointment to me. Not only does it smudge, it also transfers onto my lower lash line. Not attractive at all. It is very pigmented and extremely easy to apply, but it is just not good enough. This actually could be due to my oily lids, but I've tried primer and eyeshadow beforehand, but it still transfers. It is also quite pricey, compared to other drugstore gel liners. Definitely would not re-purchase! I hope to find a better one soon :)

I put this on my christmas list as I was sure I had heard somewhere this gel liner didn't budge however I was very disappointed.
I always use a primer on my eyelids before I put anything on my eyes but that didn't seem to help as this still transfers.
Pigmentation - it isn't as black as i'd like.
I apply this using either an angled brush or flat brush and I feel like it slides and leave lines and gaps as the pigmentation isn't even.
Price - you can buy better ones from the drugstore for half the price.
Packaging - its the same as every other gel liner.
Lasting power - it doesn't last long before it transfers.
I would recommend it to a friend.

this gel eye liner was a great disappointment. If you have oily lids don't even bother with this product. I used this product on my bottom waterline and it melts off and leaves me with raccoon eyes. I tried every trick to make it stay (concealer, eye primer eye shadows) but it did not work. I then tried it on my lids to see if it only sucks on the waterline but no it smudges as well. I tired a winged eye and like in 4 hrs it was just a smudge mess. I'm sure this product works well with non oily skin but oily skin beware not a good product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was the first gel eyeliner I have ever used because there was so much hype surrounding it. I could not fathom why people loved gel eyeliner after using this. When the product is new it applies relatively smoothly but it is just so dry. It also lacked in both pigmentation and longevity, it transferred on my oily hooded lids and left my eyeshadow covered in dark grey smudges.

I bought it with the Bobbi Brown gel liner brush which was nice for a smoked out, smudgy liner. I think this is the only way to actually wear this liner. I also purchased an angled liner brush to attempt a cat eye with gel liner. I could never get a crisp line due to the dry, crumbly nature of this product. By the end of the day my wings would be long smears. I could never get an even, thin line that would stay crisp looking throughout the day. It smeared everywhere when I broke a sweat and was frankly the worst gel liner I have ever used. I swore off of it until I received Laura Mercier's as a gift and seen the light. Not that I could even use it for very long. I had gotten about halfway through the product before it dried into a brick inside the jar. I just cant really see anything good about it. Difficult to use, lacked pigment, didn't wear long.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone eventhough it does not smudge but it wear off easily, Sometime it last for only 2-3 hours

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeliner is the best gel one that i've ever used.
Love the sharp color and the texture, but it a little hard for me in the beginning to use it, but when i use their liner brush, it just feel that easy.

But what i dislike is not waterproof if your wear it more than 6 hours, it will smudge under your eyes.

If you just use it for 1-3 hours, it's just ok.
It is really easy to clean up even with some drugstore's eye makeup remover.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype about this product and this is truly the worst eyeliner I've ever used and certainly the most expensive. Whilst the packaging is lovely, I feel like that's all I'm paying for. The consistency is not creamy at all and I find it hard to apply despite using gel eyeliners for years. I do have very oily eyelids however within two hours the product has either smudged, transferred or completely faded and I have never had a full day that this product has stayed on my eyelids even with primer. I find that maybelline is far better for their gel eyeliner and costs a fraction of the price.