January 27, 2015 | 1913 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 4:29:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice blue based red, but I need something warmer. It rubbed off on me sooner than I thought it should as well, which really is more a problem to me than the color preference. Hence a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:34:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Cruella is a bright red lip color. It is a matte lip pencil and it is a blue based red but it still looks good on me. I have warm undertones and in MAC foundation I am NC 25. It has great texture, glides on my lips like butter. I have a lip swatch in my video. It last around 5 hours without eating or drinking. I also noticed that this does not stain my lips. In my video I have a lip swatch and how it looks on my lips after wearing it for 8 hours. I received this from my Sephora VIB ROUGE birthday present for 2015.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by KelsySJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this lip pencil. The colour is amazing and long-lasting and it saves so much time for application. It is a bit pricey so if you are looking for a low-cost drugstore alternative, try the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nooo! This is not like MAC's Ruby Woo! It is darker...it's like Viva Gam I! It is a dark red matte lip pencil that is very wearable for all skin types. If you love red lipstick you need this color! It's beautiful! You definitely need to prep your lips (as I do with all matte lipsticks) use a lip scrub, and a good lip balm. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite: I have perhaps a NARS lip color problem, and Cruella has turned into the most reached for color in the last month. It has a fantastic depth and richness that is unmatched by the other colors (I still love Terre de Feu, Red Square, and Mysterious Red), and it's the color that makes me feel done. If you're looking for one brilliant NARS red, right now I'd say this is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in the mood to expand my Nars collection so I decided to get Nars Cruella. I am a NC 45 (Black Opal Truely Topaz), but a NC 50 (Black Opal Hazelnut) in the Summer. I'm not gonna lie, if you wear this lipstick, prepare to be noticed! Like woah! I love how this red lipstick really excuates my kissing-thick lips because it is an amazingly perfect shade of red. And it brightens everything! My eyes, my skin, my teeth, everything! And it makes me feel like a sexy, confidant, woman. I can see why this is a staple for many black women. You can wear it no matter the season or weather and it'll still look great.

By the way, it's close to Mac's Ruby Woo, but the texture is so much better. It also has a lot of staying power, clunging to your lips like a toddler does her mother's skirt. If you're thinking about getting it...get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by annajang

Honestly, I am very much into red, burgandy ect and this was the BEST lip pencil I have ever used. I pair it up with MAC's lip liner in Kiss Me Quick and it lasts a good 5 hours. You do need your lips to be in good shape but other than that, the matte finish is to DIE for and it tastes like cherries! The colour is deep and very pigmented. I'm in love with this product and would definitely buy again. The packaging is alright, the only downside is that you have to sharpen it..If you look past that, it is a quality product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Absolutely fantastic lip pencil! The colour is a neutral, darker red colour and the formula of these are amazing. Very creamy, lasts forever but they are also super matte and do not make my lips dry at all. One annoying thing about this pencil (and I assume all of the other lip pencils by NARS) is that the cap has a tendency to trap air and therefore be pushed off by the pressure and so the cap has fallen off and made an absolute mess of my purse more than once.... Really beautiful colour and formulation but I hope they fix the packaging but for now, best not to take it on the go!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Tinga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love cruella. Deep true red - absoloutely sexy! Easy to apply, minimal feathering and minimal transfer. Could be more moisturising but hey, its a matte lipstick. Would totally buy again.xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by puchki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Deep build-able matte red that doesn't dry my lips out and lasts forever.