April 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by peppermint1170

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My sister and I both tried this out to help even out our skin tone and general complexion. We both noticed that after only about 2 or 3 days of using it morning and night, our skin looked smoother and brighter. Our wrinkles were ironed out a bit, our pores seemed smaller, skin felt tight and glowy... we were so happy with the quick results. But unfortunately we both noticed that after about a week, the great results had faded and our skin looked just as it had before using the cleanser. I was hoping that this was due to some other factor - diet, stress, etc. so I continued use. It's been about a month now and my skin still looks no different from when I began using the cleanser. Very disappointed that the results didn't last... I've heard good things about Obagi C, will give it a try and hope for lasting results.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a steaming pile of cow poo, it broke me out sooooo much. it turns out that glycolic acid as well as any other exfoliants breaks and destroy the top layer of the skin leaving it prone to wrinkles and acne bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first tried this cleanser years ago when I worked at a pharmacy and we recieved a generous employee discount on md forte products. I loved their moisturizing cream so I tried out their cleanser as well. I was so disappointed with it!! It was one of the worst products that I had ever used. It felt like I was washing my face with lotion, it never removed any makeup, and my face didn't feel clean afterwards. My face also didn't improve in any way. I still broke out, my complexion was still uneven, i had to spend a fortune on facials for my skin to clear (I suffer from the closed comedome acne that are impossible to pop). 5 years later, my face went through another massive breakout so out of desperation, I did as much research as possible on finding the best skin products and came across MUA. I looked to see the highest rated cleansers and was shocked to see is as one of the tops. Out of curiosity, I read what people had to say on it and realized that I was using it wrong that whole time! I had no idea that you were supposed to apply to dry skin bc water inactivated the glycolic acid. I tried using it again and I think it can possibly be my HG cleanser. It has only been 1 week so It is too soon to tell but so far, it is the only cleanser that has not left my face dry afterwards and that is huge because even purpose and cetaphil left my face dry. I am still going through a slight skin purge which is why I am not completely sold on it yet but overall, my face does feel softer and better. It is also not too irritating to use with differin gel. I knocked 1 star off bc of the purging and also, it stings like crazy for about a minute when applying it to the skin. I will update this review in about a month to see how it goes. I will gladly add a star back if my skin clears and stays soft despite the stinging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by mandyaeqtx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Decided to try this cleanser based on great reviews and I'm very glad I did. I started with the Facial Cleanser II and am now using the Facial Cleaner III. It isn't too harsh on my face at all and keeps my skin clear! I use with my fingers in the morning and my clarisonic at night. It has been a great routine for me. I have bought many other MD Forte products and am in love with this brand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I now realize I can't live without this. After having used it daily for a couple of years, I decided I would try to go without it, to cut back on spending. I figured I wasn't really sure if it did anything anyway. So, I hadn't used it for quite a few months. My foundation wasn't looking great recently and I felt my complexion wasn't looking great in general. I decided to spend the money and buy this product again. And after a couple weeks now, WOW. What a difference. My skin feels soft again. My complexion is brighter. Smoother. I swear I look younger. Just a huge improvement. I will never go without again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ALFER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use retin a 0.5% and use this cleanser a few times a week to take care of the flakies and dry skin. Apply, massage and leave for a few mins... then wipe off with a damp wash cloth and rinse! Does NOT remove makeup well, so you will need to cleanse that off before this. Packaging is ok, I need to order it off ebay as MD Forte is easily available in the UK.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

I have highly tolerant skin after years of Retin Micro A use. Decided to try this with the encouragement of my dermatologist to help with flakes from the Retin A. She recommended to use it twice a week. I use it as a 5 min mask, then wash it off. I had a lot of cystic acne break outs recently, and I'm trying to determine if this is the problem. Will wean off and try to figure it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by 5catmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleanser for several yrs. It's creamy and only stings if you leave it on too long. I don't think it caused more pimples, but it didn't prevent them. I'm trying an AHA cream next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this cleanser. This has recently taken second place to my JM Argan Cleansing Oil, however the two are so different. This really "deep cleans" my skin. It removes make-up, makes my skin so clean and doesn't dry it out. Definitely a staple for me! Expensive in a way at $30 a bottle, but you get a generous amount and can find it on sale at online stores almost all the time. Definite re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by JodiShaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm hearing great things about this cleanser but how "great" can a cleanser be? I've just started using it and so far I like it. It's got a creamy consistency and doesn't sting at all. Afterward it feels as though my skin is clean. So I guess for that it's good. I'm going to try to use it as a mask as others here have mentioned and will report back. I'm hoping for greatness.