July 29, 2014 | 1299 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

The BEST clay mask I have ever tried. I have tried A LOT of them and this is the best. Real natural clay without any crap in it that YOU can adjust and mix. It works better than anything, even GlamGlow.

Pulls the dirt from the pores like nothing else I have used. This is real bentonite clay that the Native Americans used. Doesn't have any scent and doesn't irritate the skin. It can dry your face out if you use it more than twice a week.

GREAT stuff and so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always come back to this face mask because it actually does a great job of purifying my skin and getting rid of any spots. I have clear skin but when I do get blemishes I just mix the healing clay with a bit of water and apply it with my fingers, wait 10-15 minutes, wash it off and Viola clear beautiful skin. The only thing I don't like about this mask is that it's gloppy and I wouldn't mix it with ACV as I have sensitive skin. 5/5 for this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has been unusually congested the past couple of months, so I decided to try this. I purchased the 1lb. Jar off of Amazon (I believe it was approximately $5.00, so it is very cheap), and it comes as a dry powder, so you can add either apple cider vinegar to it (as I did), or water to make your paste.

I mixed mine in a small ziplock bag, and applied with my fingers. I let it dry approx. 20 minutes and then took a warm, wet paper towel and placed that on my face to loosen up the dried clay. I closed my sink drain and put a plastic shopping bag in the sink to catch any loose chunks of clay, and then just wiped the rest off with the wet paper towels. I then rinsed my face with warm water and applied Cerave lotion. There was a small amount of redness on my forehead, almost like when you get a little too much sun, but nothing bad.

This morning, I could see a major difference in my skin. The pores on my nose looked better, a few blemishes on my cheek had flattened completely, and the area which has been plaguing me the most (between my eyes on the top of my nose) had no bumps. No dryness or flaking, and the slight redness from last night is completely gone.

I'm glad that I used it all over my face, and I'll probably continue to do so on occasion, but I now plan to use this as a spot treatment a few times a week (mainly on my nose or chin). I put a little more on my nose today and also a dab on the spots which still remain.

This time, I used the plastic cap from a bottle of toner (so any clean, plastic cap will work) and a q-tip to mix and apply this, so there was no mess. I'll do it this way from now on when I only have to use this on specific areas.

Hope this helps! I definitely think this is worth a try for anyone with clogged pores. The price is right and I'm happy with the results I've gotten...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by quickclamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is so amazing. i have horrible dry and cracked skin. it makes it so smooth and even. definetly one of my favorites

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Daeeezhaa

This aztec healing clay is pefect for people who break out all the time like me. When i break out alot i immediately go to this mask to clear it up a little. The pulsing sensational feels great! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by DietmountainDew

This clay mask + Turmeric juice = Works like magic in Acne prone skin!
A must try and must have!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alright so I gave two stars because I like to use this, makes everything feel pretty clean. But: it has not noticeably helped with me acne, AND:

I used this last night with ACV for about six hours as a spot treatment. I ended up using a good amount, more than I intended to because the zits were pretty small and I figured hey, it's all natural, only 6 hours, what's the harm?

Well. Not only did it not clear up the couple of zits, it made me skin WAY WORSE and gave me these bizarre RAISED RED SCARS that look as though my cat shredded her claws across my face. I thought that somehow I had cut myself or something, but I realized that the scars were located exclusively where the clay had been. They basically created an outline of irritated, messed up skin where the product was, it created contact dermatitis patches, and it's just awful, shows through makeup and looks super unpolished and gross.

I'm quite scared of using it again, but I might use it mildly, for 10 minutes or less. I do have very sensitive skin, so that could be why. Those with sensitive skin: BE CAREFUL, this can do some harm despite being natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by lyssaw519

At first I did not like this mask at all. I thought it was extremely clumpy and next to impossible to spread on my face. What I found out recently was that it was clumpy due to using water instead of apple cider vinegar. When used with Bragg's raw apple cider vinegar this mask turns into a very smooth paste that is so easy to spread onto skin (I did 2 tsp clay, 1 tbs ACV). The tingling that you feel is the mask drying and causing your skin to stretch; however, this mask is great at unclogging pores and getting out those nasty little blackheads I have on my nose. My husband even enjoys using this on his nose and seeing the blackheads it pulls out. Definitely recommend using this with apple cider vinegar! It made a HUGE difference in the quality of the mask IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Kashley

My dad actually pointed this out to me at a health food store one time. He told me his mom (my grandma) always had it in the bathroom and that him and my uncle would use it periodically through their teen years as well as my g-ma. Who would have though my dad of all people would be the person to point this out lol

I have this on me at all times now, if I start picking one night (shame shame shame) I can always trust that a mask with this and some ACV will take the inflamation way down and basically puts my skin back where it started before I started picking.

I use this once a month (can you guess at which time?!)

This is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by marquiseazzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my god. This. Stuff.

… I've struggled with congested skin for years - the only time I've been truly happy with my face was a two-year stint on a now discontinued birth control. It's not that bad - my pores are small, but each one is clogged with a small grain of sebum or sebaceous filament that I have to manually extract every night. My skin is oily deep underneath, and super-dry on top. Also, since I'm no longer on BC, I get several (read - 3 to 5) cysts that take forever to heal during my period (though Mario Badescu's drying cream has definitely helped.) I've had a little help from MUAC's retinol and Paula's BHA - they make me look fresh, but still - clogs, refilling every day. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing for me - nothing for the clogs, nothing for the cysts.

I'd read about this stuff in a magazine once, but somehow forgot about it. Now, with my skin worse than ever, overproducing oil after a long dry Chicago winter, and too much dairy that made me break out in five major cysts, I decided to go for a clay mask. I looked at GlamGlow, but decided I'd rather spend 70 bucks on a good serum versus a generic mud mask - and then I remembered this stuff.

I used it for the first time last night, and wasn't overwhelmed… It was easy to use (1 to 1 with apple cider vinegar), the pulsating was kind of hilarious (though I couldn't laugh; the mask had stretched my skin SO tight, as if it had been botoxed all over!)... I wiped it off with a warm washcloth, and was more pleased than shocked at the results. My skin looked fresher, it (surprisingly) didn't dry me out, and some small plugs came out easier than normal, but otherwise there were still filaments, a few PMS cysts trying to come out. So I slapped a mini-mask on the cystic spots as a spot-treatment in those areas and left it on for about three more hours.

When I washed that off - I was stunned. The cystic lumps had disappeared. Completely. My skin was a little red, but I went to bed super happy and optimistic, hoping the effect would stick. When I woke up this morning - Oh. My. God.

I was looking at the best skin of my life. No clogs had reappeared. The cystic red spots were gone without a trace. Everything glowed, and my face actually felt lighter, and more supple, where it usually feels weighed down and tired - probably from the excess oil. This is something I plan to use every other day as maintenance, versus a weekly special treatment, since it seems to have absorbed all excess oil from deep inside my skin and actually PREVENTED congestion.

It's so cheap, and there's so much of it, I can't imagine anyone not trying it out. It actually is the miracle for my congestion I've always wanted. HG.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No