Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 5/23/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, can we talk about it? This stuff is a life saver AND a game changer- I don't wanna bore you with going on and on and on. I'm sure in another review you can see how it's used. But for starters, it's very difficult for me to find a "holy grail" product. Starting my senior year I suffered with skin colored bumps all over my face; clogged pores. Extremely clogged. And I had no idea how to get rid of them. Now, this will help but it's also very important to haw a good skin care regimen and be very hygienic with your makeup tools. That's a whole other story though. This stuff DOES pulsate, it is very extreme and it put GlamGlow to shame, and that's really good stuff as well. It's also soooo much cheaper! I try my hardest to use this stuff at least 3x a week. Sometimes my skin will look so good that I'll only use it once a week. It's awesome at unclogging pores, keeping your skin clean and clear, and it's also helped to lighten up some redness caused by old acne scarring. I highly highly highly recommend this!!!! 1000000+% and yes your skin will probably be red after because this mask is very intense but it's temporary, probably best you do it before bed. Also very hard to take off without a gentle wash cloth but oh so worth it!!! :-)

on 5/22/2015 4:20:00 PM

If you like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, you will love Aztec Secret: Indian Healing Clay it's better and lasts longer. Suggested Use: Mix clay with equal parts of raw apple cider vinegar and/or water. Use a non-metal bowl and utensil. Stir the mixture well to a smooth paste. Add more clay or liquid as needed. Apply 1/4 in. to 1/2 in. to the face or other area. Let it dry for 5-10 minutes for delicate skin and 15-20 minutes for normal skin. You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation. Feel you face pulsate! Remove clay by washing with warm water. Slight redness of the clay is normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes. Removes impurities and dirt from the pores. Deep pore cleansing. "World's most powerful facial" 1 lb. of clay makes 10-15 facials. Use it once per week for the family, more often for problem skin. Men love it, too. 1 lb (454 g) $5.99 , 2 lbs (908 g) $10.50 by iherb dot com. I ordered the smaller size, it lasts a long time. I have a coupon code for this site if you want order the first time: VIK284 and you have 5$ off.

on 4/29/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My relationship with this mask is complicated. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I'm always looking for new products to mellow out that whole mess, so reading the reviews for this stuff made me really excited to try it. I've been using it 2x a week for a month now, and overall I am pleased with the results. I can tell that it has helped clear out my pores, ESPECIALLY my blackheads. I've seen a significant decrease in them throughout my t-zone since I started using this. I also find that my skin isn't as oily throughout the day, especially the day after using this stuff. So as far as results go, this mask rocks. But to be honest, and the reason it loses one lippie, I absolutely loathe the 20 minutes when it's sitting on my face. A lot of people talking about the "pulsating" effect it has. I happen to find it very unpleasant. My skin feels dry, tight, and itchy when I have it on (all those things go away when I take it off). Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to it, but this is not a relaxing, soothing spa mask-- you can tell it's sucking all the gunk out of your skin, and it's not a fun feeling, at least not to me. However, I'm so pleased with the results that I'm willing to put up with it. The packaging is economic, which makes sense since the price is so dang low! I can't imagine having to purchase this product more than once a year, and it's like 10 bucks on Amazon. Overall, I'm really glad I tried this product.

on 4/29/2015 4:16:00 PM

This stuff is my new #1 weapon on my acne aside from my vegan & GF diet.

I've suffered from cystic acne caused by leaky gut and imbalance of gut bacteria and diet change along with adding supplements has been my cure but this mask is definitely responsible for quickening up the healing process! Before using this mask, it would take over a week for my face to show any noticable difference of healing. After just using this mask ONCE, my face looked like it fast-forwarded 2 weeks and was in healing mode. It literally pulses your face and feels cool. My skin isn't sensitive and leave on for 20 min or so while doing my epsom salt bath and then just rinse in the shower. Face will be red for a few hours so best to do when you're chilling at home. It made my face look noticably better with one use but keep in mind, my acne was already on the road to healing because of diet and lifestyle changes, this was just the icing on the cake. I used it with ACV as recommended on the container. Highly reccommend this to anyone looking for an added oomph to cure their acne! My scars and hyper pigmentation and redness was much more even once the initial redness of the mask wore off. I only use all natural products such as castor & hemp oil for OCM and argan and tea tree mixed for spot treatment. I would say this mask though is the most important thing! Plus is was like $5 where I got it :)

Long answer short: a MUST HAVE if you have acne! Sped up my healing time by weeks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I thought ppl were joking when they explained that this mask gave you a pulsing sensation on your face as it dried. Ok, I'm a believer. As your mask is drying, your face begins to pulsate--feels like your face has it's own heartbeat! Best part about it is that you can feel the mask working. I mix a tbsp of the powder with water or apple cider vinegar (I think acv works best). Let it dry for about 20 minutes. I then grab a baby wipe and run it under warm water and begin to wipe the mask off my face. Do not be alarmed if your face turns red because it does! I have no idea how it does it, but it brings a lot of blood flow to your face, hence the pulsing effect. I've used this mask twice and I can already see a difference! My face is move even, my acne scars are diminishing, didn't break me out, and leaves the skin very smooth! The packaging is huge!!! This will last you forever!

on 4/26/2015 11:20:00 PM

I love this mask!! I am very Acne-prone and ever since I've started using this mask my acne has reduced tremendously!! I use this product every Sunday and Wednesday to deep clean my pores and I love it!! I combine 2 tbs of the clay and use about 5tbs of ACV. I leave it on for about 25 minutes then rinse off with warm water.. Some people recommend to use a moisturizer after but I feel like my skin has enough moisture even after the mask.

on 4/26/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mask based on the good reviews here. I was hoping it would help settle down the breakouts on my face I get from time to time but also the horrendous bout of bacne I have been battling for over a month now. Got a massive tub of it from Amazon for less than AU$20 inc shipping (can't remember exactly what I paid). I don't know if it is sold in health shops here in Australia but Amazon was convenient and I think it was sold out on iHerb.
Anyway the first few times I tried it I mixed it with water and the consistency was always a bit weird, like it wouldn't mix properly. It did do a good job of calming down my inflamed skin on my face and my back, drawing large under-skin pimples to the surface and getting rid of the crap that had accumulated in my pores.
However, last night I tried it with ACV (just Skipping Girl brand from the supermarket, nothing fancy) and wow! Results were a million times better. The mixture kind of foams up and spreads really easily. I don't think I got any of that "pulsating" feeling but I left it on my face for about 45 minutes, until it had dried, and washed it off with hot water and a face washer. I left it on my back overnight and washed it off this morning. The skin on my face was a little red but quite clear and the couple of pimples I had had subsided in size and in redness. This morning when I woke up my face looked amazing, like my pores had been vacuumed out. My skin was really even toned with no redness and the pimples were flat and far less inflamed. It did bring a couple of little whiteheads to the surface but I wasn't surprised about this. The pimples on my back are way flatter, much less painful and feel like they are on their way to healing. I plan to use this on my back and on the pimples on my face as a spot treatment until they are all healed.
For the price and the effectiveness this stuff can't be beaten.

on 4/24/2015 5:11:00 PM

This stuff is a God sent! Like many of the other reviewers I suffer from occasional acne. Although I take pretty good care of my skin every once in awhile my skin feels congested (those with acne know what I'm talking about) even after cleansing and exfolianting my face. This is the first product I have tried that DEEP cleans my skin. After I use this mask my face feels so unbelievably fresh and clean. The mask mixed with ACV creates a pulsating pulling sensation on the skin, it feels like its literally pulling crap out of your skin.This is a quite powerful skin treatment so I use it at most once a week (usually every 10 days or so)

on 4/24/2015 11:15:00 AM

I have used this for over 6 months already and I wanna thank MUAfor leading me to this amazing product! =)

Here's a little overview of my skin:
1. Moderate to severe Acne since 15 yrs old due to genes :( (I'm now turning 27 btw)
2. With acne marks/pocks/scars
3. Large pores, oily skin
4. Acne is concentrated on my forehead, cheeks, and recently, on my chin :(

basically, like everyone else suffering from Acne, I've tried everything and im just thankful that my acne is under control. Now, I pretty much wear minimal makeup compared to before and this mask really helped in controlling my break outs :)

You guys really should try this especially those who are suffering from acne..

Personally, I use this mask 2-3x a week. I mix it with Bragg's ACV. Half a teaspoon is enough for my whole face, i think this will last a year or 2 on me. Mix it with ACV little by little 'til you get a cream-like consistency. Note that the consistency should not be too thick nor too thin. I leave it on my face for 20-30mins depends on how I am able to stand the "pulsating/tightening" effect. I just wash it off with lukewarm water and voila! I get smooth, reddened, squeeky-clean skin :)

Overall, Im really happy with the effect on my skin. This has helped me in making my breakouts more manageable and I have less oily skin as well. This really is a must-have! :D

on 4/23/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this yesterday for the first time. Ordered from Amazon for less than $10 for a 1lb tub. I suspect this will last months which is awesome.
Do not bother following the directions on the tub, it will not work well. It says to mix 1:1 of the clay to water or apple cider vinegar. You really need more acv because this is dry powder dust and if you want a smooth paste you will need more liquid. I put in a bit of water too just to dilute the acv smell.
It also says to apply 1/4-1/2" layer. Don't!! That's such a waste of the product, plus it does not work as it will take like two hours to dry that way. Who has time for that?!

I mixed it according to the directions and left it on for about 35-40 minutes. Did not notice and pulsating and the mask just was not drying but it was cracking and coming off in chunks though still moist. I peeled off big chunks of it, threw them in the trash, and spread the rest on my face somewhat evenly. Since I had it on already for almost an hour I got impatient and dried my face with a blowdryer. My skin was really tight and weird, but still no pulsating.
After washing it off, which took like 5+ minutes, my face was a bit red but that only lasted for about 10 minutes or so. My pores definitely look smaller and face is smoother.
I plan on using it again today, correctly, as I can tell this is a really good product that actually works if used correctly in a thin layer.
No other mask has worked for me and I have tried many.

I don't have skin issues other than large and clogged pores for which this seems to be perfect. Use a moisturized afterwards as it is very drying.

All in all, great, inexpensive product that I look forward to using regularly.

Tip: This is clay, so do not wash it down the drain in clumps as it will clog up everything.

Update: After using it everyday for a few days now I have figured out better ways to mix and apply. I mix only about a teaspoon to two depending on if I'm using it on my whole face or just areas that need it, like nose and cheeks. A very thin layer is all thats necessary otherwise it won't dry for at least 30 minutes but will still crack. The pulsating happens only when it's super dry and tight on ur face, but I never let it get that far bcs it takes sooooo long to dry.
Pores are cleaner but not significantly smaller or super clean. There is still oil that I can see so I should probably just get a good bha for that. I'm taking away a point because I really don't see why the product is so highly rated by everyone other than it is good for the price and amount you get. I will probably still repurchase.