August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by jbluzb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is simply put a great weekly facial for your skin. No need to go to a dermatologist/easthecian to have your monthly or weekly facial. All you need is this clay.

Clears my pores and brings surface oils to the skin for easing cleaning and extraction. Does not dry my skin.

I mix this with apple cider vinegar, epsom salt and honey. It becomes a nourishing, hydrating and pore cleaning mask :D This rivals $250 dollar facials haha :D

I tub can last for 8 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

This stuff is seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made. With a few more ingredients, I can create a mask with this very similar to the famous (and expensive) Glam Glow mud mask. Not only does it last FOREVER, but it is amazing at clearing out the pores and giving skin a beautiful glowing appearance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I saw this at H-Mart yesterday and figured "why not? $6 for a huge tub. Can't go wrong". I personally mixed this with witch hazel, rosewater, and a tiny bit of normal water. It was pretty clumpy but I was quite lazy with the mixing. I let it sit on my face for about 10 minutes. I did feel a tingling and pulsing in my skin towards the end. I will say that it was a tad bit uncomfortable. Washing it off was about the same difficulty as the QHMJM, I'm always afraid it will stain everything. But all this aside. when I was done rinsing it off my skin was almost glowing! I could actually notice less blackheads on my nose and a reduction in my pores. I am currently having break outs around my laugh lines and right on my chin and those were drastically reduced, and the laugh line ones were actually completely gone (they were just clogged pores, I guess whatever was left in them got sucked up). I'm going to continue to play around with the way I mix it and what to mix it with, but I believe that this product is a miracle for oily skinned people like me with huge cloggy pores. For $6 for a tub that lasts a lifetime, you should really try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by nicolab114

Spent the best part of a week scrolling through endless reviews on treatment for acne when i came across this, and i am so pleased i did. I received it on Wednesday & ran around to Holland & Barratts to pick up a bottle of ACV. When i came home eagerly got to work mixing up my hopeful little 'miracle'. After preparing the mask & lied on my bed, clock watching for around 25 minutes before washing it off. Now i have tried everything i could possibly get my hands on to treat my spot, even Retenol from the docs so i had my doubts. After washing it off i stood in the mirrror for a good 10 mins, i dont think i have seen my face look so clean!! My pimples seem to be less visable, less pertruding & im glowing. I have used 3 times since & so so greatful to this site as i wouldnt of seen this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

I bought this mask last night in the health section of my super market because I've seen it all over pinterest. And honestly, if most people say it works, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Came home and mixed it in a glass bowl (good) with a metal utensil (bad. It clearly states on the packaging not to do that. I did anyway. Big mistake.) I mixed with water instead of acv, which made it super chunky and thick no matter how much water I used. So eventually I gave up my quest for the perfect consistency and attempted to get my face covered in what looked like green cottage cheese. Seriously, do what it says on the packaging!

By the time I went to wash it off my whole face was so tight I didn't want to move my neck. Despite the awful consistency it came off pretty easily, but if you have a super thick amount on like I did, I'd try to take off the thick pieces and just put them in the trash. Trust me, save your sink the trauma. Still, I was more impressed than I thought I'd be.

This morning though, I decided to try it out again, this time doing everything the right way. Used the glass bowl and the end of a cheap makeup brush to stir up a much smaller amount to put on my t-zone and one awful cyst I woke up with. The stuff is on my nose, and chin as I write the review and I kid you not, I can feel my face pulsating! That acv makes all the difference in my opinion. Also, much less horror was left in my sink when I went to wash out the bowl. No clogging or thoughts of calling the plumber in my head.

After last nights mask mess I still thought the product did a dang good job. But I just washed off the acv version and I swear that makes it soooooo much better! If your skin can handle the acv, do it! My pores are all cleaned out and lovely again, and that cystic monstrosity that developed over night dramatically reduced in one use. I'm using it again tonight to spot treat and I can bet that'll knock it out completely.

Because it does make your skin super tight, I'd recommend really slathering on a good face lotion or even coconut oil afterwards. My face did feel (but didn't look) slightly irritated and red, which went away after giving it a good dose of moisture.

This product does the job, and doesn't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing stuff! It transforms my dull, lifeless skin into glowing, tight & radiant skin! Gentle enough for dry, sensitive skin, just follow up with a moisturizer. I like to use mine with ACV. 1-2x a week & you'll feel golden!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by OrangeFruits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Using this for the first time tonight, and it's the first time I've spent more than 1 on a face mask-here goes!
Mixed the powder with cider vinegar and applied on face, neck, and some of my shoulders (some acne's there and is getting annoying) as a paste. I was kind of expecting it to go on grey, because that's the colour of the powder, but it's green (I look ever so slightly mouldy).
Smells of vinegar a bit, but oh well.
Within 5 minutes: Paste has hardened. Tight on face, can't really make any expression.
Within 10 minutes: I can feel my heartbeat in my face. I also cannot turn my head.
At 30 minutes:Washed off.
Skin definitely feels cleaner and smoother, and my spots have gone down by a pretty decent amount.
Didn't really feel the pulsing mentioned by a lot of people, maybe because my proportions were off, or my face is just tough.
Will update after a few more uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

The BEST clay mask I have ever tried. I have tried A LOT of them and this is the best. Real natural clay without any crap in it that YOU can adjust and mix. It works better than anything, even GlamGlow.

Pulls the dirt from the pores like nothing else I have used. This is real bentonite clay that the Native Americans used. Doesn't have any scent and doesn't irritate the skin. It can dry your face out if you use it more than twice a week.

GREAT stuff and so cheap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always come back to this face mask because it actually does a great job of purifying my skin and getting rid of any spots. I have clear skin but when I do get blemishes I just mix the healing clay with a bit of water and apply it with my fingers, wait 10-15 minutes, wash it off and Viola clear beautiful skin. The only thing I don't like about this mask is that it's gloppy and I wouldn't mix it with ACV as I have sensitive skin. 5/5 for this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has been unusually congested the past couple of months, so I decided to try this. I purchased the 1lb. Jar off of Amazon (I believe it was approximately $5.00, so it is very cheap), and it comes as a dry powder, so you can add either apple cider vinegar to it (as I did), or water to make your paste.

I mixed mine in a small ziplock bag, and applied with my fingers. I let it dry approx. 20 minutes and then took a warm, wet paper towel and placed that on my face to loosen up the dried clay. I closed my sink drain and put a plastic shopping bag in the sink to catch any loose chunks of clay, and then just wiped the rest off with the wet paper towels. I then rinsed my face with warm water and applied Cerave lotion. There was a small amount of redness on my forehead, almost like when you get a little too much sun, but nothing bad.

This morning, I could see a major difference in my skin. The pores on my nose looked better, a few blemishes on my cheek had flattened completely, and the area which has been plaguing me the most (between my eyes on the top of my nose) had no bumps. No dryness or flaking, and the slight redness from last night is completely gone.

I'm glad that I used it all over my face, and I'll probably continue to do so on occasion, but I now plan to use this as a spot treatment a few times a week (mainly on my nose or chin). I put a little more on my nose today and also a dab on the spots which still remain.

This time, I used the plastic cap from a bottle of toner (so any clean, plastic cap will work) and a q-tip to mix and apply this, so there was no mess. I'll do it this way from now on when I only have to use this on specific areas.

Hope this helps! I definitely think this is worth a try for anyone with clogged pores. The price is right and I'm happy with the results I've gotten...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No