April 20, 2014 | 1266 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by skuper

After reading reviews i was skeptical to put this on my acne prone skin. After just one use ( mixing it with apple cider vinegar) i noticed i big difference for the better on acne prone skin. Its an amazing facial mask to have and the price isnt bad considering the amount in the container.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by megumiforyou

This mask works ok, probably just not best for my skin type (normal-dry)

I swear it clogs my drains. Had to have a plumber come twice after purchasing and using this. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Its OK
pain and makes a mess but it does feel like after like your pores appear cleaner (if that makes sense..LOL)
No redness or irritation or overdrying but i have oily thick skin
I leave on for 15-20min

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by snazzyjazzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I originally got this to combat my clogged pores. While my pores are smaller, they aren't completely unclogged, though it's done an impressive job (especially compared to all the previous products I've tried). I've also found that while using this product my acne has decreased and my skin doesn't get as oily during the day. I use it every night and mix it with apple cider vinegar, which I find is the best way to get a smooth mix, and leave it for about 20 minutes. My face can be slightly red afterwards, but I don't feel any discomfort or pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by slash123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello all,

This is a great mask, pero it's not PERFECT.

I try and use it once a week or so, when I do, it does really help my skin. However, I have to just explain this little miracle experience I had with it.

One time I had this HUGE underground zit on my forehead. I rarely get these anymore, and I was seriously like WTF. Like it was SOOOO GNARLY.

I was scared. It looked like someone hit me in the head and I had a big goose-egg thing. Anyway

I applied this mask three times in one day (not recommended) on the huge zit, and it completely took my zit away!!!

Like that day.

Miracle worker. <3

I'm currently experimenting with blackheads. I'm hoping that it will work better with them as long as I steam my face before?!? I'll let you know how it goes!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by hsiaoty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing all the hype over this face mask, I went out and bought it at my local Whole Foods and was so excited to use it.
I used apple cider vinegar to mix the clay and after applying, I definitely felt my skin tighten as it dried. It was a little hard to wash off easily and ended up being a very messy and unpleasant ordeal. Afterwards, I looked in the mirror and realized that my skin was turning red which I ignored because I thought that it was normal. A few minutes later, my face felt hot and was slightly swollen. For those of you with sensitive skin like me, please be wary of using this mask! Next time I will try it with just water and not vinegar and hopefully that will help.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Dani0518

Pretty cheap but didn't help my blackheads and oily skin like I hoped and so many reviews claimed. I used it with apple cider vinegar. Nothing. Didn't work for me might work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-It's a good bargain for the amount you receive (the stuff seems like it will last forever!)
-Does a great job of deep cleansing the skin
-Pulsating does happen
-Makes skin feel rejuivinated, fresh and VERY clean

Cons:
-It's a pain to make
-Can't put it down drain because it's VERY thick and drain will clog. Therefore makes it a hassle to mix, and wash off
-Didn't really heal any breakouts. Just makes skin feel very clean
-You definitely feel the mask tightening when it's drying, however it doesn't actually "suck" out blackheads/acne/toxins.

I will keep using because one, i have a TON of it, and two, it makes my face feel clean. However, it's not a HG item! Good luck ladies :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, only 3/5 because my first experience was not good.

I mixed this with Apple Cider Vinegar, left it on too long and it burnt my face. I had a black cast around both eyes and burns on my cheeks. I then broke out a few days later into what seemed like BILLIONS of tiny whiteheads all over my face!

I'm thinking this may not have been due to the clay, but maybe more my leaving it on for as long as I did. My face was tiiiiiiiiight to the point of washing it off in a slight panic.

This was about 2 months ago. Now my skin in healed, no black burn cast, no whiteheads. I will reattempt with just plain water and update soon.

However, I have used this as a fully body mask and it was alright, nothing special, although I didn't know what I was expecting. It was pleasant, but boy is it messy!

Overall, it's clearly working wonders for others so that's a great sign! I am positive that it will go better next time with just water! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a mad scientist when mix up a batch of this masque. I take a ceramic bowl, a plastic measuring spoon and use a 1:1 ratio of clay to Bragg's apple cider vinegar, watching the two bubble and fizz when they first meet. Then I use a small, silicone spatula to blend the two into a creamy mixture that smooths easily onto my skin. (I first tried using this masque with water instead of ACV and it was a lumpy mess. I've not repeated that experiment and have been sticking with ACV.)

A word about my skin: it is oily, with *lovely* large pores on the nose & cheeks. Even so, I only use this masque once a week tops, and I only apply it to my t-zone, including the temples if the skin in that region is looking a little bumpy, like it's thinking of breaking out. I also only use this when it's very humid and/or warm outside. My chin and jawline have not been acquainted with this concotion because that's where my skin is most sensitive and this would be far too drying, doing more harm than good in those areas. If the weather is very dry and cold, I also don't use this, or any other masque.

Those caveats aside, I think this is an excellent option for people with oily skin who get a kick out of making their own treatments and appreciate a bargain. The jar is SO big, and you use so little, it's crazy. I'm sure I'll never have to repurchase it. I truly expect this massive jar of clay to outlive me, no lie.

Typically I leave the masque on for 15 - 20 minutes, or until it feels so dry I can't move my face without 'cracking' - a darling look, for sure. (Good thing I locked in my DH with that 'for better or worse' line.) I rinse it off with lukewarm water & my hands, and always find that my face feels super smooth afterwards. There is a little bit of pink or rosiness for about 30 mintues post-rinse, but I've never found my skin is 'red,' nor does it feel tight or dry. (I've also never felt my skin "pulsate!" as the jar claims). It simplye feels clean. Really, *really* clean and smooth, like it took a vacation at a far away spa and was pampered senseless for a week.