December 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sakigewea

I L-O-V-E, love this product! In the past I have had very bad cystic acne, as a result I have uneven skin tone, scars, and a general bumpy appearance on my face. My mom brought this mask home for me one day at the end of the summer and I was a little skeptical of how it would work since I have had limited success with mud masks in the past. In the directions it says to use either water or apple cider vinegar to mix with the powder. I opted for the vinegar and left it on for about 20 minutes. My face tingled a lot and when I washed it off it was bright red! I was mortified and worried that it would break me out and leave my skin in even worse condition. However, the next morning when I woke up my skin was flatter, clogged pores minimized and my skin in general looked radiant! I used it every other day for about a week and kept seeing amazing results, until I added too much vinegar and ended up irritating my skin. Up until about three week ago I hadn't used the product since the summer. But my skin was breaking out and I decided to resume use. I have not seen the same fantastic results, which is a little upsetting, but it does leave my face feeling very clean after so I will continue it as maintenance. The only downsides to the mask are that it is a little cumbersome to use in that you have to mix it with water/vinegar and washing it off can be a pain so I tend to do so in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It does purify your face quite well. I can definitely see a difference in the face after using it. The pores are not so clogged, and appear to look lighter in colour. No miracle here, but a very good job. And the price is good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

This mask is a pain to make, take off, and clean up. However, when I had the time to use this 2-3x a week I hardly broke out at all! The mask feels nice and tight while on, and leaves me rosy and glowing once I take it off. This is very hard to take off, even with warm water and a washcloth and I try to be careful about not letting the residue clog up my drains. It can also be tricky to mix -I use Bragg's ACV. You don't need much at all so the 1lb tub I bought for about $6 will probably last me years. My pores were basically invisible and my skin was so smooth when I used this regularly. I hope I can find time again to get this mask back into my routine. I used this mask, yogurt masks, OCM, plus BPO (which I'm trying to cut out) and my skin was very clear for several months (until classes started again and I needed a lower maintenance routine).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sewdope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I use it for face masks as well as hair treatments when mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. It's so inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by longsilog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is hands down my favorite mask ever. It tightens the face and helped so much with my acne breakouts. I use it with apple cider vinegar every week.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This is the best powder clay it can be used on the face body or in a bath. It so basic you just add water or combination of water/vinger or add anything mix into a paste instant mask. The amount of clay for the price is great last years never expires and it earthclay 100% calcium bentonite clay no added chemical or irritating ingredients. When the mask is tightening and drying it has a slight tingle and after you wash it off the face is slightly red but goes away in about 30min to 1 hour deeping on how sensitive your skin is. This clay is good for tightening the pores and controling sebum. It can also be used as a makeup setting powder for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is pretty great. Definitely up there with other deep pore cleaning (like charcoal masks) I've used. My skin feels very clean after, and not stripped of moisture (though a moisturizer after is always a good thing). The product claims it will cause a tingling feeling. To me, it's really more of an itchy feeling, which is uncomfortable and a bit annoying, to be honest. But worth it because of the results. It's also a bit of a mess, both as it's drying (tends to fall off in chips before you take it off) and as you take it off. Also, since you have to mix it yourself, that creates a bit of a mess, and the consistency of the product is a bit thick and not really a great thing to put down your drain when its wet. Sooo...definitely not completley hassle free. But, I think it's worth it for the results. It's cheap, never irritated my skin, and works. I usually just do it one day a week. I tried it with apple cider vinegar, as it suggests, and to be honest I did not notice that working any better than just using plain water (plus the smell of vinegar makes me gag). So, bottom line: woud reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First impression of this was amazing ! I'm the type of person that always thinks these things are too good to be true but I always try them because I can't help myself. I mixed this as it said with ACV half and half applied to my face with my fingers and let it sit for about 25 minutes I pressed a warm washcloth on my face to loosen it up and wiped it clean and I am in shock. My face feels so clean -- my pores appear smaller and it almost looked like they were cleaned out if that makes sense black heads on my nose ? Aren't even there lol my face just feels new and firm. It does make your face pulsate lol and it did make my face red which was suppose to be normal so applied vitamin e oil after and a moisturizer so far I'm impressed will be back for long term effects of this lol. My Skin -- flakey dry & oily in some places -- acne prone and sensitive to fragrance just for info

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by misssydneyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!! To give you some background, I've struggled with acne my entire life. BCPs cleared up most of it, but after my 25th birthday, my skin started freaking out again. I had small red bumps on my jawline and my PMS breakouts were worse. I've tried pretty much everything from prescriptions to drugstore products. I finally tried this and the results have been amazing! I just take one spoonful of the mask and mix it with half a spoonful of unfiltered ACV.
Some things to keep in mind:
- This mask brings everything to the surface! The first two times I used it, I broke out a little bit, but the pimples healed in half the time. If you have pimples that are already forming, this mask will bring them to the surface. Do not stop using it!
- Use this before bedtime because your face will be very red after you rinse it off. Put on a nice thick moisturizer after you rinse it off!
- I use this twice a week and my acne has cleared up completely, even my dark spots and old scars.
- It is great for oily skin! My skin doesn't get as greasy during the day.

Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sydneyrenee

The most intense mud mask you will ever use!! It leaves my skin incredibly soft and shrinks any breakouts that I have at the time. I use it with apple cider, like the packaging says, and leave it on for about 20 mins. It can be a bit painful and itchy once the mud starts to dry on your face because it begins to tighten, and your face might also be red after using this but just apply a good moisturizer and after a few minutes it will go away. Also as a tip for washing this mask off, make sure you do not start rubbing it off right away. You'll want to re-moisten the mud and then rub it off. Another GREAT thing, a little goes a very long way, you'll have mud masks for months, even with the smallest container they sell.