Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/28/2015 4:21:00 AM

I've only used this stuff twice so after a few weeks I'll update this review. The first time I used it I mixed it with water with the ratio it suggests and it was way too watery, i had to just play around with it till I got it right. I left it on for only about 15 minutes and rinsed it off (which was a b*tch). This stuff is messyyyy. Anyway my skin was red for about 20 minutes but it warns you about that. It really did pulsate my face which was pretty cool. The 2nd time I used it I mixed it with ACV and despite the smell it worked fine. Better consistency although I didn't notice any difference in my results. I suggest using the ACV it really did a better job dissolving the powder. Hopefully I'll see some results after using it for a while because after these two uses the only results I got were SLIGHTLY softer and smoother looking skin and also temporary tomato face lol.

on 8/23/2015 6:45:00 AM

This stuff is insane!! It's like no other mask you'll use as it really draws out all the impurities and brings blood flow to the skin. I didn't love it the first couple of times but think I've worked out how to get the best out of it. My tips:

Leave it on till it's really dry, not just 'touch' dry. You will feel your face pulsating, this is a sign that the blood flow is increasing.

To take off: It's impossible to remove by peeling or rinsing so here's my tip - splash your face so the mask is soft once again. Scrape off using the blunt edge of a plastic knife or small spatula.

It says the large tub will do 10-15 masks but this is rubbish, I get a thick layer from one tsp of clay so it will last me forever.
Try it!!

on 8/22/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best, if not thee best mask I've ever tried on my skin!
my face just loves this stuff, given I have acne prone skin, this helped me a tremendous lot with healing my cystic acne (I mix this stuff with a equal amounts of cinnamon and turmeric powder before I dissolve them in apple cider vinegar and a few drops of tea tree oil), I wake up next day with 90% smaller cystic bumps. a definitely well worth purchase.

on 8/19/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

IN LOVE with this product. This is my go-to, all-reliable new favourite product.
I have oily, acne-prone skin and this product does everything - I can count on it to shrink pimple size, eliminate the growth of cysts, mattify my face, and improve my skin texture. After I wash it off, my face feels very clean and smooth. Also I am prone to those tiny pimples and congested skin after a long day or improper removal of makeup -- this mask really helps with that.

I recommend using it mixed with apple cider vinegar. Mix in a little bit of water to get a runny consistency (you don't have to but it's easier to apply). It says to leave it on for 10 minutes but honestly I leave it on for like 2 hours +. I have even left it on overnight before and was delighted with the results (my pimples shrink in size significantly!)
What I love about this product is that its claim that it will make your skin "pulsate" is true. However, if you use it everyday it doesn't always have that effect but I guess when you feel the pulsating sensation, you know it's really working.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend this enough if you have acne and even if you just want a weekly mask to decongest your skin - you will not regret this purchase :)

on 8/6/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This healing clay is better than going to the spa and paying a ridiculous amount of money when you can do it yourself and use better product like this stuff.

on 7/29/2015 10:02:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask and apply it on the regular at least once a week. Put on a favorite show and let it sit usually 30 min, I mix it w milk (lactic acid for exfoliation ) and garlic as well as few drops of fresh lemon juice. Smell doesn't bother me, results are amazing. I usually make a batch of it once a month and freeze it in small bags so that it's not a chore but rather spa like expirience. I think you could come up w infinite recepies but I love this one the best since milk makes it really creamy and lovely to put on. I've tried Bulgarian rose oil and milk too and it's amazing. To note my skin is very acnegenic and this keeps it nice and clear. Five stars all around .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this while on vacation, so naturally I didn't have any AC vinegar with me at the time, so I just used water. It didn't mix too well, and was applying in chunks. As it dried it felt a little too drying; didn't notice too much of a difference in my skin as I rinsed. HOWEVER, when I got back home, I tried it with ACV like the container suggested, and it made a lovely, creamy, muddy consistency that we all love! It also started fizzing as soon as the ACV was added, and I think this contributed to the smoothness and easier mixing. While applying this, it went on smoothly, and I could build up the thickness on the areas I needed it. I could actually feel it pulsate rather than just pull and dry (like it did with the water) and it felt really cool! As soon as I washed it off, my skin felt smooth, and a lot of my acne had been brought closer to the surface to be treated. One of my whiteheads actually disappeared as I wiped off the mask (I guess the mask sort of dissolved it?). The next day, my skin was clearer, and my acne had gone down a lot in redness, swelling, and size. Just make sure you moisturize very well after this mask and you should be great!!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is amazing ! I seen a vast improvement after just one use. I use a plastic bowl and spoon to mix it (metal should be avoided). You a spoon to scoop out because if you try to pour it out it will spill everywhere. I mix mine with Bragg's ACV but if it feels too strong just use water. Sometimes I add tumeric powder just a pinch which helps to lighten dark marks and remove facial hair. I leave the mask on for 30 mins and you can literally feel it pulling out the toxins. If you have dry skin follow up with a moisturizer it can be a bit drying and use only once per week. If you have fair skin follow up with a toner to remove any tint or residue left. The clay will last you close to forever and works the best to clear my skin next to a large water intake. I purchased it at a natural market in my neighborhood but Whole Foods and Iherb have it.

on 7/16/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me preface by saying that this is an absolute chore to put on, allow to dry, take off etc but it is the ONLY thing that has ever gotten rid of those hard to treat flesh colored bumps under the skin on my forehead. Sure, the Origins Clay Mask is great for extracting white heads but it does not hold a candle to what this can do. The reason why I can't give it five stars is because my skin gets an extremely itchy reaction while the mask is working its magic - sometimes so unbearable that I have to take it off before it dries completely. Other than that, I would repurchase due to how affordable and effective it is.

honest to god if i only had $10 to buy one face mask for the ultimate face mask investment i would buy the aztec secret indian clay mask. this really is a secret clay mask. combo oily sometimes i break out. i get lazy to use this even tho it only take a few minutes it has never let me down. it drains my redness too. i use erno lazlo which is a good skin care line but sometimes i still have redness and i always see a noticeable difference after using this. man does it feel like it works it really pulsates the fu$% out of ur face making it feel tight(which i like) all i use mainly is apple cider vinegar a cheap brand and mix it evenly w the benzodite clay. it definately helps keep pore clear and clear and its a tough mother fuc*%er!!! it tights ur face like paralysis (dont let me scare you lol) it is stiff but it works i do not smile so that it does not crack. leave it on 30 minute or so when i feel like it i keep it wet so it doesnt dry out. it is so versatile u can put anything in it and it will still perform. i have tried the julep mint mask but it doesnt really show work like this does. ladies there is a reason this is always almost sold out at the vitamin shoppe it lasts forever . it is out of this world i know that much

Popular Masks