December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - White Musk Line

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bsg811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No no no no. I can't get past the baby powder in this. Is this what musk is? Not a floral feminine powder but BABY powder, industrial, cloying and implying the smell of diapers. When I got whiffs of vanilla, the overall effect was less offensive. I think I might be anosmic to some compounds in here because sometimes I would get whiffs of things I hadn't smelled before but then they would get buried again in baby powder. In a blind smell test, my boyfriend found this pleasant but cheap smelling and the longevity was impressive so I'll give it 2 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first day trying this product...and I can still smell it on myself twelve hours after applying it. It's a smell that only a certain person would like, but it's unique and I love it! It made me feel clean and interesting...Sort of mysterious, but in a good way. Seriously...I got a million whiffs of myself today...Never really had that before except with Chance by Chanel. A definite buy for someone who wants to smell a little different than the average Joe!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. Smells... Sensual. Its not strong or too perfume like but makes me feel a bit more special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never experienced this fragrance in high school, so I don't have those associations with it. I found it a few years back when a friend of mine was wearing it, and I had to have it too. I'm not usually a fan of musky scents, but this is a nice balance of a light musk with warmer and lightly sweet notes. The body wash has more musk to it, the EDT is a bit lighter on the musk. This is a great everyday colder weather fragrance. It's warm and oddly comforting. It's nothing particularly interesting, but perfect for how simple it is. I don't like that it does not last very long, a few hours, maybe. On the other hand, I favor unobtrusive fragrances, and I'd rather err on it fading out rather than easily overpowering. I recently repurchased and they have added an unusual top to the EDT bottle, which is clumsy and difficult to take on and off. I will repurchase again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

This scent reminds me of high school. I remember wearing this because my boyfriend at the time loved it on me and I loved it too. I used to wear the scented lotion all the time, now I wear the EDT or Perfume... And somehow every time I wear it it reminds me of grade 10-11 lol

(It has a mix of musk, lily, iris, ylang ylang, geranium, basil, rose, vanilla, amber, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, peach)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Noonie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I own the edt, oil, mist, powder, lotion and shower gel
It is my everyday perfume
But i dont like the lotion smeels really bad and doesn't hydrate at all

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mostsayclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the entire line - shower gel, body lotion, eau de parfum, sheer body mist, and the perfume oil. Depending on my mood I'll switch between the parfum and the mist, but I generally use everything else every day.

I get so many compliments and find it to be a scent that lingers really well but is never overpowering. I can't get enough of this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft, comforting, cozy, unpretentious, and completely ageless skin scent.

Not everyone enjoys the strong powderiness of the iris and musk in White Musk. I personally only wear it on occasion because I prefer scents with more of a presence, but it's very affordable so I'll always have a bottle of this around for days when I just want to smell like fresh, warm laundry. I find the oil overly musky and the EDT too weak, so my favorite version is the EDP.

Strangely enough, I've found a lot of men enjoy its soft fuzzy sweetness. It's a bit like that girl who's not the prettiest, smartest, or most outstanding, but for some inexplicable reason all the boys have a crush on her.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the White Musk line. I've used the eau de cologne, the body wash and the body lotion and i can't get over the smell. It's hard to describe, it's an addictive smell. Now i'm using the eau de parfum, it's basically like the eau de cologne but it has a stronger lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I seem to be mostly anosmic to this fragrance, i.e. I'm unable to detect a lot of the types of scent molecules used in this. Pretty much everyone is anosmic to certain musk molecules, so musk-based fragrances are always a gamble in that respect. What little I could smell of the product seemed nice.