August 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by charlesforacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Great for you skin. Feeling very soft. It's not greasy either. Worth .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had considered purchasing this body wash for quite some time, but always went with something else. I'd tried two other Dove body washes in the past few years (the Plum and Sakura scent and the Blue Fig and Orange Blossom scent) and did not experience the moisture that I was hoping for, so I was hesitant to try again. But finally, upon needing a new body wash and finding this on sale for $5.49, I decided it was time to take a chance. I like the smell better in the bottle than I do in the shower, so that's why I took a lippie off. In the bottle, it smells like a clean, slightly fruity floral, but it takes on a soapier smell in the shower. However, it truly made my skin softer in only one use! I like to shave with my bodywash, and this performed beautifully. In fact, I felt like my legs even had a nice smooth glow afterwards.

I used a different body wash the next day while visiting my parents over the weekend, and felt a noticeable difference...my skin felt much drier, even in the shower. I couldn't wait to get home and get my Dove Deep Moisture back!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smells fine at first but then it's starts to get a little funky then so bad I couldn't even finish the rest of the bottle. Plus it's bulky-ness made it diffucult to hold on to in the shower, ow my toe. (' ._.) Anyways yeah I'm not buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by cindy007

Oh my, this is one of the best smelling products out there. It smells like one of those overpriced European deodorants that you can only find in specialty drug stores. And it didn't really smells like this when I sniffed the bottle in the store. It happened when I took a shower, and the fantastic fragrance lasted for a while and also lingered in my bathroom and house. Again, it smells sooo good!

As far as a body wash goes, its nice. It'll clean you, won't dry out your skin, although I'm not really sure its truly so moisturizing. I think there are more moisturizing out there, so if your skin is really dry and you still may have to put on lotion afterwards. That's me. But it is non irritating and overall a really nice experience using this wash, and I noticed that my tub does not get a ring as quickly as when I use plain soap.

But wow, the scent.....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I bought this for the winter because my skin gets so chapped. Usually I am meticulously reading the ingredients but was in a hurry and ... well... it's Dove, right?

here are the ingredients: Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil or Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Lauric Acid, Cocamide Mea, Fragrance, Polybutene or Polyisobutylene, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Isostearic Acid, Peg-5 Cocamide, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Tetrasodium Edta, Etidronic Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

YUCK!!! I feel like I HAVE to use a loofah with this junk and it does nothing for my chapped skin except cause it to itch and burn.

I'll stick to the health food store and natural ingredients next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Jess9

I have bought this product off and on for about the last 10 years. Each time I hope it'll be different but it never is. Dove Body Wash smells great and it is creamy, but it does not rinse off easily and leaves an itchy film on the skin (like soap scum). Never had this problem with moisturizes body washes from any other line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love! Literally the only body wash I have ever used that has not left me wanting to slather myself in lotion after. It really is a moisturizing body wash! I know this is subjective, but I find the scent (which others complain of) to be quite pleasant, and in fact one of the draws of the product. It is light, fresh scent, yet it also has a bit of powdery, floral aspect to it as well. Clean and soft smelling IMO, and the fragrance does linger a little after, which I find nice. Packaging very convenient and efficient, price quite reasonable (I found the CVS version of this to be identical, but even cheaper). Will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sweetdream707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is wonderful! I love Dove body washes more than any other brand! The silkyness of other body washes seem to wash off with water, but this keeps hydrating even after you wash it off, you can feel the difference. The smell if fresh and clean. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I'll just say first that I suffer from pretty dry skin due to a thyroid condition called Hashimoto thyroiditis, so I had some problems with dry skin in my legs and elbows and stuff, and it would make me itchy and irritated sometimes. I also live in Quebec, so our winters are pretty cold and that can also dry out my skin.

I picked this up at shoppers drug mart for 3.99 and after the first use my skin was pretty much back to normal. I no longer has crust dry skin on my elbows and my legs looked nice and smooth. I no longer have problems with itching or any irritation, and over all I am very very happy!

I'll probably stick with this as it has worked so well. It doesn't have a super amazing smell of anything though. But it lathers super well, and you can feel how mosturizing it is when you use it on your skin.

I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is my favorite body wash! It has a luxurious texture that is very moisturizing. I feel like I don't have to run from the shower to apply body lotion. I got the one with shea butter that smells sort of like cucumber extract and clean sheets. You only need a little bit to get a good lather, though I don't feel bad using a lot because the bottle lasts a long time.

Body wash is very similar to the Olay Body Wash plus ribbons line. The only difference is that the Olay line is more expensive and has a smaller bottle (use it up quickly). No need to purchase more pricier alternatives. Love it!