July 28, 2014 | 1454 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by MissyAllSmiles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolute best mascara I've ever tried. I decided to try this since I've discovered that l'Oreal Carbon Black mascara caused my eyes to become bloodshot and smudged like crazy. This stuff straight up *does not smudge* and holds the curl superbly. Also, no flaking whatsoever. Literally not one flake. For me one coat does it all. Lashes look gorgeously long and separated while my eyes stay bright and healthy. {swoon}

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by readysetgo10

I love, love, love this mascara. Since I have pretty much nonexistent lashes that grow stick straight downwards, I'm always looking for a mascara that has a dry enough formula to hold a curl. My old mascara used to be the NYC sky lengths mascara, but it kept making my eyelashes fall out. I love that this one doesn't and that it actually makes my lashes long and soft and great! It lasts all day and doesn't smudge much, even when I don't use an eye primer. And for a $5 price tag (where I live)? Such a great deal. It's definitely a staple in my collection now and I don't think I want to try other, more pricey mascaras. This one is great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't get used to this mascara and ended up taking it back. The biggest thing I look for in a mascara is how it holds a curl, because my lashes are naturally straight, but look good when curled and mascara applied. This one didn't seem to hold a curl as well and also, my lashes ended up clumping together into one unilash when I tried to apply more. I can see there is a balancing act mascara formulas have to play between stiffness and pliability, because, too stiff, the formula ends up flaking off; too pliable, lashes stay soft but won't hold a curl. This formula seemed on the softer side, which is great for no flakes, but maybe wasn't stiff enough for my particular lash type to hold a curl. Maybe I just wasn't applying it right, but I didn't want to take time to try to learn.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara!! My mom had it first a long time ago and I borrowed it and have basically used it everyday, ever since. I've heard that some people have issues with the shape of the brush but I don't have a problem with it. My lashes aren't really an issue for me either though. they don't require curling and are average density and length. I think the product does do what it says: One coat, Triple affect. When I'm really in a rush getting ready, I can get away with doing one coat on each eye and it looks great. The formula is thicker and drier and very pigmented so it really adds a lot of thickness and volume very quickly. I like my lashes to be very dramatic so I usually do 2-3 coats, especially for evening wear. During my work day, I do get some smudging under my eyes, but I'm starting to think that that is unavoidable no matter what I use bc I've tried other mascaras and waterproof formulas and nothing has helped. (I'm a hairdresser and I'm shampooing and blow drying hair all day and the steam and heat seem to melt whatever I use! I never had an issue with this until I started doing hair.) I love Almay because I have sensitive skin and allergies to certain ingredients in beauty products and I know that they are an affordable, high quality product and this mascara doesn't disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirl5601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried sooo many diffrent Mascaras from high end to drug store, When i found it i thought i would give it a try because i have tried nothing from Almay. I was super shoked wheni i found out how well it really combed through your lashes, LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by msteele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I wear contacts and this hypoallergenic formula is sensitive to my eyes and doesn't flake off into my contacts mid-day. I own this mascara in EVERY color. lol. I have ventured into trying other mascaras, cheap and expensive, and I always come back to this one. It makes my lashes long, full, and dark. It does dry out in the tube quicker than other mascaras, but honestly, mascara should be replaced monthly anyway to keep bacteria growth down.
Cons- doesn't come off easily (nice raccoon eyes after a shower)
Pros- nourishes my lashes and makes them look healthy and bold

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

This is the absolute go to mascara if you have sensitive eyes, wear contacts or both! I struggled for years to find a mascara which wasn't irritating and contact lens safe yet still gave volume and length. This mascara does it all!! Its gentle, removes very easily and can be layered easily to build from a natural to a more dramatic look. When I wear it I often have people ask me if I'm wearing false lashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mascara has worked well on my lashes. It is definitely not "one coat" you do need to build it up. But it provides nice volume and doesn't clump. I haven't noticed any flaking either. I feel like the tube does begin to dry out a bit quicker than other mascaras that I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Alisaaaish

I was always curious about Almay, you never hear or see much about them.
I'm really glad I purchase this mascara, the brush is a bit odd and reminds me of a toothbrush. It has slightly stubby bristles on one side and the other side has slightly longer bristles. The formula is creamy and drier than traditional mascaras such as loreal voluminous which allows it to hold a curl effectively. This is fanstastic for people who need a a fair amount of volume and length and can hold a curl. I used to use ONLY waterproof mascaras because of the waxy formula was the only thing I could find that would keep my curl from dropping, however I noticed my lashes were starting to fall out. I have average, sparse and thin eyelashes and this mascara will be my go-to for a VERY long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by zuzuwentworth

A few years ago, I had a horrible ocular rosacea flare-up, where I looked like quasimodo for about a month. Once it was cleared up, I started wearing mascara again, and this was my first try back. I picked almay because of the hypo-allergenic properties. The brush was a bit fussy, but I got the hang out of it after a few tries. This is definitely not a "one coat" mascara, as I had to apply multiple coats to get the desired volume effect (my eyelashes are on the puny side).

However, if you are in need of a mascara for very sensitive eyes, this one will work. I used it for about two years to be safe, then moved on to other brands I prefer.