April 18, 2014 | 1757 users online

Bath Treatments - Avon - Skin So Soft Bath Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This oil is so versatile...
It helps repel biting bugs and mosquitos in the hot summer/spring days without the weird bug spray smell.
Keeps your skin soft after a shower or bath after spraying right after while wet. This is the best way, for me, to let it absorb into my skin.
It also kicks dry skin's butt!

My mom keeps a stock up of all the types, and I have a little store of it myself. Definitely an old cult classic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An avon Classic - I buy it in the pump style to spray it on to repel mosquitos and biting flies. They now have a HUGE product line based around SSS and the insect repelling qualities. Greasy? Yes. Effective? Very.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mariyvette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a product I remember as one of my mom's beauty staples. Her long baths and the very fragrance of this when she emerged. My sisters and I would be in awe of the silky skin she had (to this day she does, and yes she still uses this- 20 years later.) It does have a very very strong scent which I don't mind but I use it after my showers at night to let it taper off. It leaves my skin so soft and does a fair job of absorbing. Has seen that it keeps skin supple (my mom is the proof ) so this will stay in my beauty regimen. A definite must for me... The only thing I purchase from Avon

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Avonís another company I donít like to dis too much, because I eat up their catalogs every chance I get (note to self: replace Smoky Diamond Glimmerstick liner). However. My SSS test run was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but the memories are crystalline--it didn't soften my skin so much as turn it into an alt-medicinal smelling deep-fry pit. I was always afraid that if I slipped after bathing in this stuff, Iíd slide all the way into the next state. Plus it leaves a really gnarly bathtub ring.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Nice bath oil that does what it says on the bottle! STRONG SCENT(of pine i think?) so beware sensitive noses!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this on a major whim. Im not a huge fan of oil, i just despise the texture of it, all slippery!! Any how, i poured a bit of this into my bath the other day and had a nice long soak and after drying, my skin was so soft and felt like id lotioned instead of had a bath with oil in it! Will do this weekly :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I love this stuff. I spray it on just before I get out of the shower and do a quick rinse and then pat my skin dry and it moisturizes very well like this. I am a fan of the smell, although it seems a little mature for me, I still enjoy wearing it. The fragrance it has is strong enough and lasts long enough that one doesn't really need a perfume or body spray. I haven't yet used it for the mosquito repelling purposes though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was one of those Southern kids slathered in this by my mom and grandma everytime I went outside! It definitely works for that purpose. It's also good for baths and after baths. I don't use it much these days, but I currently have a small spray bottle in my possession. It seems like it's one of those things I should just have around, even it just for nostalgia.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by illislune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah, nostalgic memories - I remember first using this as a child and thinking the smell was so uniquely different. I love using it nowadays, especially during the winter, as it helps lessen the dryness of my skin (although it in no way replaces the use of moisturizing body butters). While I am a fan of the smell, I recognize that the strong smell definitely won't work for everyone. I've read that it works great as insect repellent, but haven't yet had a chance to really put it to the test.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is amazing stuff for all of the things you can use it for! A bath oil and a tire dressing...works like WD40 on sliding glass doors...shines wood! It is very heavily-scented, however, and therefore might not be so good for someone with sensitivities. Anyway, it is mainly mineral oil, and mineral oil has 100+ uses. regarding mosquitoes, I only wish that I had known about it when living in the Midwest--I have many scars from mosquito bites. I have no doubt that the little critters would have been repelled by the tremendous scent!

UPDATE: I rarely use this in the bath due to the bath ring. I have found that this stuff actually keeps critters out of your home without killing them. That is why I give this product another big thumbs up!!

Also, good for your car dashboard, just water it down. GREAT as a tire dressing! This stuff just has so many uses, I cannot get over it. Just Google "Skin-So-Soft."