Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

I used this product for many years. I have very sensitive skin and it never dried or irritated it. Unfortunately, it never helped to clean my clogged pores and my acne so I changed my skin care routine. I would still use it when I travel or go camping and can't bring a lot of products and don't always have access to water since it cleans well and take out all my makeup without any irritation.

Bottom line: Perfect makeup remover for sensitive skin!

on 2/21/2015 11:01:00 AM

Meh. Not worth the hype. It's gentle enough, working in makeup I've had two people react to this stuff. It's alright but not worth the extra money. Save it and purchase something cheaper instead.

It does the job though, it's gentle, efficient and the packaging is pretty (for a makeup remover). It leaks like a bitch though if you're carting it around the place. Overall I like it, nothing bad to say, you can just save your money and purchase something cheaper.

If you work in makeup, I recommend it because people can be snooty about other brands - unless it's an expensive high end one. So if you want to look professional, go with this. It's an industry requirement almost. However for personal use, save your money and purchase elsewhere. Just anything but those rough, sandpaper, makeup remover wipes. Ouch!

MONEY SAVING TIP: If you're a fan of this, I recommend that you purchase this in bulk from France. I purchased about 8 bottles for $18 each including shipping. Instead of paying $50 AUD in Australia.

on 2/20/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I finally purchased this after wondering if it was really as great as many reviews say. I was looking for something that would remove waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I don't feel that it does a good job at that, it's about as good as the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes for that purpose. I mainly use it now more like a toner. I will use it to clean my face on a no-makeup day or when I feel that my cleanser didn't do a good job to get all my makeup off. It is mild and when I accidentally drop it there are sudsy-type bubbles inside. I find the size and /or shape of the bottle to be a bit cumbersome and do end up dropping it frequently. Maybe it should be a little thinner and taller instead to hold it better? Maybe because I'm often reaching around it to get another product. It just wasn't for me as I feel like the Avene micellar water is better.

on 2/17/2015 9:51:00 PM

This product is perfect for every skin type. It removes even waterproof make up gently. And also it has a relieving effect for sensitive areas. I definitely buy it again and again.

on 2/16/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this as a waterproof eye makeup remover. For a long time, I never used proper makeup removers. I would wash my face with bar soap or whatever random cheap face wash was on sale that my mom picked up as an afterthought from Walmart. Plus, as a teenager, I was too cheap to buy it myself. As I got older and came to realize that skincare is really very important, I started stepping up my game and looking into products that could address all my skin issues, and knowing that I had sensitive eyes and wore a lot of waterproof mascara, I had tried a ton of waterproof eye makeup removers that left my eyes sore and me disappointed and was resigned to spending the rest of my life rubbing coconut oil onto my face - until I got the travel sized version of Bioderma to test it out.

*Price: Fair. I would pay twice the amount for this product, to be honest.
*Packaging: Simple, convenient, and hygienic, you can just squirt a little onto a cotton round for use. Clear plastic to show you how much product you have left.
*Product: I believe this was distilled from the tears of angels. It doesn't have an offensive smell, doesn't taste that terrible (I use it to remove long-wearing liquid lipsticks), and is so incredibly gentle. My eyes are constantly watery, and that's amplified depending on the products I use around the eye area, and this is non-irritating and does not break me out when I use it on my face.
*Positives: Everything! I soak a cotton round, hold it over my eyelid for 10 seconds, then wipe everything away. I have to scrub a little to get my lashes (which are coated in waterproof mascara) but it's nothing harsh, and it removes everything, even eyelash glue. I don't have to pick the gluey bits out of my lashes anymore. I go in with a makeup remover wipe for the rest of my face, and then use another cotton round with Bioderma to clean up whatever is left. It doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy, doesn't sting, doesn't burn. It's literally just like WATER.
*Negatives: Literally nothing other than the price, which I whined about at first, but now I realize it's well worth it.

If you can get your hands on this, try it! I've heard it's not so easily accessible in the states, but try to order it if you can. IT GENTLY REMOVES WATERPROOF EYE MAKEUP QUICKLY AND EASILY. That alone makes it worth the extra effort to find it.

on 2/15/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing for my sensitive skin. I have rosacea, my skin is really dry and water feels to irritating on my skin, so I use this (at least) twice a day to clean my skin.

on 2/12/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is one of the best make up removers on the market. i have been using it for years. takes off the most stubborn waterproof mascara and totally clears your lips from the most intense red lipsticks. i soak 2 cotton pads and wipe over my entire face then flip them and hold over my eyes for a few seconds and gently wipe them. i follow with a gentle skin cleanser like cetaphil. i have recommended this to all of my friends & clients and have only had one come back and say that it stung their eyes, but they were super sensitive. this is a keeper - your pillow cases will thank you!

on 2/9/2015 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find this works really well for my dry sensitive skin. I was using it with cotton pads and I was running out of it very fast. Now I use a soft makeup removing sponge that I got from Shoppers Drug Mart. I wet the sponge, and then I put some of the cleanser on the end of the sponge, and I gently wash my face with one side, and then do it again with the other side. It works well on eye makeup too I find. After I use a toner before my moisturizer. I am looking into other cleansers though, as I would rather use this to clean my face in the morning, and get a cleansing milk for my makeup in the evening as I find this is a little too expensive to be using morning and night.

on 2/9/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The most amazing make up remover I have ever used!!! I have dry sensitive skin and this cleanser is very gentle, plus it does not cause any irritation.
I have been using it for more than a year now I have seen an significant change on my skin and I also recommended it to all my friends and they are very pleased with it.

Wish it was easier to find in the UK!! I got mine from a pharmacy in Greece and costed me 15 euros.

on 2/9/2015 4:56:00 PM

My mother's dermatologist had recommended her the Sebium version of this while dealing with adult acne almost 10 years ago. I remember sneakily using it as well on my teenage face and loving it. About six months ago I found an offer of two 500ml bottles for 20(normally one is around 15 in greece) and I decided to try the Sensibio one; I have been using it exclusively since. At first I didn't know I shouldn't let it dry on my skin and therefore I felt my skin a bit dry; you should pat it dry with a tissue or a cloth. After I learnt this my skin feels very comfortable and deeply clean the same time which is a first! Sensibio is just like water, almost odorless, so gentle, it doesn't sting the eyes at all.
Removing waterproof makeup requires a bit more effort and enough cotton pads though. It is really a very convenient product and it delivers so I get why people think it is HG material but I am not sure whether Sensibio is the best or whether that is just how all micellar cleansers work. Therefore I would like to try out the garnier micellaire before repurchasing Sensibio but that doesn't mean I don't like it, after all I have a lot more to use up!

Video Reviews & Tutorials