Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 10/11/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This was my first micellar water and I liked it, but I have some issues. Good stuff: It's convenient. I travel a lot and now I feel I can cleanse on a long haul flight effectively while being sanitary. It's great after a work out or in the morning for some gentle refreshment. So useful when I was bedridden after surgery and even though I felt awful, this baby kept my skin looking great and feeling fresh. Can be used on body too. Issues: It stings my eyes like nothing else, and it isn't as effective as removing makeup as the other Bioderma options or any decent makeup remover. Also I find I have to use multiple soaked cotton pads to get myself looking clean, and then following up with a face cloth there is still visible dirt. The bottle doesn't last long because of how much product needed to achieve any type of cleanse. It's a bit pricey so instead of repurchasing I tried a few others. Comparison: Sensibio is way better than Garnier, but not as wonderful as the Bioderma hydrating micellar in the blue bottle or the Sebuim in the blue/green.

on 10/10/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Given the amount of love this product has received, I feel treacherous for saying this but here goes: I really don't like it.

To give you context, I used this micellar water as a face makeup remover (not for the eyes) prior to cleansing. The result: it left a strange film but also managed to strip my skin and consequently broke me out - painful sores, flaking skin, the works. I didn't change anything else in my routine so I deduced that this was the culprit.

I willed myself to like it - even went as far as to purchase a bottle again after giving my first one away. Unfortunately, my skin is just incompatible with this product.

I've tried other micellar waters prior to using this e.g. the Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution, the La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution and I felt they were gentler on the skin but were equally effective. If anyone else is having a hard time with the Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water, I would highly recommend the above as alternatives.

on 10/4/2015 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! It feels nice and gentle on my super sensitive skin and almost has a calming effect. I use a generous amount on 2-3 cotton pads to take off all of my make up. I wouldn't recommend it for waterproof mascara though because it takes too much rubbing. After my first bottle I tried to find a cheaper version but was put off even buying by the smell of the other brands. I have been using this for six months now and can't imagine using anything else ever again. I definitely recommend the big bottle, it seems to be lasting forever compared to how fast I went through the small ones.

on 10/2/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this for 1 1/2 months now. Time for a review!

I purchased Bioderma after reading about it on a couple of sites (including this one). Micellar water is popping up in American products now, but I wanted a cleansing product that was simple and non-drying.

I use this mostly for non-waterproof makeup remover. For reference my typical face is powder foundation over moisturizer & sunscreen, with occasional concealer, lip primer and lip gloss or stains. The micellar water cuts right through everything I wear, so I can move straight to toner & moisturizer at night.

Non drying or irritating & cuts through MU better than most dedicated MU removal products. Will repurchase!

The only gripe I have with Bioderma's product is the price point. As an import it's to be expected, but I bought 250 ml for $18 on Amazon and am already nearly halfway through the bottle. To make the most use of it I'd recommend buying 500 ml at least.

on 10/1/2015 2:55:00 PM

Love it. Removes make up, doesn't aggravate my skin or leave it feeling coated. I get less dry patches than using tap water, and if I get lazy and wash my face a couple of times I see a difference in texture and appearance.

Packaging is ok - I've had several with incredibly tight lids though. I tend to not close them fully which is a bit of a pain.

I bulk buy the big 500ml bottles on a French site (shipped to UK) and save quite a bit. UK RRP is pretty high.

I've only tried three other (cheaper) versions from other brands, but they just don't compare.

Repurchase? You bet!

on 9/18/2015 10:16:00 AM

I wanted SO much to like this product, but my skin hates it. I have combination skin with some clogged pores and redness. My skin isn't sensitive at all with my normal routine but after adding this in (I used it in the morning, and also after cleansing at night to remove any leftover makeup) it caused me to break out in tiny little bumps all over my face within 2 days of first using it, making my skin look and feel very rough and red. I've tried it on two separate occasions to see if the first breakout was unrelated, but after the same reaction shortly after the second time I tried it, I am positive that this is the cause.

It's a shame because it's good at removing my makeup residue, but sadly something just seems to disagree with me.

on 9/18/2015 9:00:00 AM

I love this product. I have rosacea and very sensitive skin that becomes easily red. One reviewer mentioned concerns about cotton pads and I agree this could be an issue. I solved it by coughing up the cash to by Shisheido cotton pads. They're a bit pricey but they are amazingly gentle. They're like air on your skin.

The best way I've found to use this product as an eye makeup remover with minimal rubbing and tugging around the eye area is so fill a small spray bottle and then spray it directly on my eyes (closed of course!). It's so gentle it doesn't even bother my very sensitive eyes.

on 9/12/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The prior reviewer sounds like she's using the wrong Bioderma product. This is the sensitive skin version. If she has oily/stronger skin, she should be using that version, with the blue/green label.

This stuff is great! Using two cotton pads, it takes all my makeup off and doesn't irritate my Rosacea. Bioderma is the best selling micellar water, I believe.

It has a slight chemical smell in the bottle which I don't smell once its on the cotton pad.

on 9/9/2015 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

An excellent gentle makeup remover. This really eliminates all traces of makeup without irritating the skin. My only concern is that it takes wiping the face with cotton pads to use this, which might be irritating in itself...

But, either way, this is certainly a good product, and an absolute lifesaver in situations where you need to remove and reapply makeup the same day for whatever reason.

As an aside, this is definitely a makeup remover only. It's not a cleanser, and on its own it's not going to be enough. But it does the one job it has very well.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I only have a sample size of this one but I am loving this. It's a water cleanser/makeup remover that glides easily without irritating my eyes. There's a little smell of it but it doesn't affect or irritates my eyes. I just use this for my eyes.