September 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by BlondeIngredients

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a standard cleanser. Nothing special. It didn't make me break out but also it didn't moisturize my skin. I even had to use a little bit more moisturizer than usual. There's nothing bad to say about this product but I can't say something amazing either ... although I would say it's safe for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I can't say I am a huge fan of this cleanser. Having tried the Avene Thermal Spring water I thought I would try this in conjunction with the water to see if it would improve my skin in any way. I saw the words 'Rich In Avene Thermal Spring Water' and hoped to myself that it would be as good as the water in a can, but unfortunately this left a lot to be desired. First of all, I hate the texture/consistency, it is overly creamy and slimy feeling and takes a lot of rinsing to actually get it off the face. The smell of synthetic orange didn't please me either, seeing as I thought it would be fragrance free given that it supposed to be fore dry/verydry/sensitive skin. My skin didn't feel any softer or any different at all really, and altough it is supposed to be non-comedogenic I found that I actually got more spots than ever by using this product. I also sometimes get skin that flares up and becomes red around the eyes and this made them sting like you would not believe. It is supposed to be for sensitive skin and yet for me it just irritated it further. I think the only plus point for me is that it came in a big tube, which is a lot of bang for your buck. However it is a bad thing because now I've got to keep using it until it runs out! Not very impressed, wouldn't buy again or recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ziziczy

This is amazing. Gentle, moisturize and clean. The tube is huge. Me and my boyfriend use it together twice a day. And it last at least 4 months. I got very bad acne months ago. I use this as a cleanser before AHA liquid gold. I've tried all my best to find a treatment for my bad acne in 2 years. Just a month, my face is totally clear. I'm fine with it doesn't remove makeup. That's what makeup remover should do. For blemish or sensitive skin, simple is the best. Just do what it should do. My boyfriend loves it as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by piscesmindfuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PARABEN, people, PARABEN!!!
Will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by SpQr4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be amazing. THe first bottle i used up and loved it, it was creamy and white but not as thick as a cold cream

It ahs been reformulated, the new bottle has a yellow tint and it is VERY DRYING now. I hate it. I threw it out after a week.

I contacted Avene and they NEVER responded- i asked if it was reformulated. I compared ingredients when i first got it and they did in fact change substantially.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an eczema sufferer, meaning I have extremely sensitive skin. This did not fly with me. It felt like it stripped too much moisture from my skin and left it dry and tight. Realized that Avene uses Sodium Lauryl Sarcosinate in this product, which should not be the case for those with sensitive skin (which this entire line is targeted to). This ingredient is prohibited in cosmetics in Japan. It's used as a harsh cleansing detergent in dish detergent soap and gives many products that sudsiness/ foaminess.

It is very similar to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is a common ingredient in many household products and things like toothpaste. It is excluded from many health-food cosmetics because those companies know that it is an unhealthy ingredient. Ideally, this ingredient (SLS) wouldn't be in a product supposedly-specialized towards sensitive skin, but it is a cheap ingredient that many large companies use. The good natural ingredients in this may balance the bad here. For the price, I'll be looking for something else.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sweetlilsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this to product for free as a bonus for buying another Avene product. I generally wear makeup only on my eyes and tried to use this as a remover since I would not have had any other use for a cold cream and read it could be used as a remover. Anyways, it really stung my eyes, so I promptly gave it Away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by svmgv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A bottle lasted me pretty much a full year. I'd say I have normal/very slightly oily skin, no acne problems besides the occasional pimple. Just wanted something that made my face feel clean. And it does; not squeaky clean but cleansed, if that makes sense. I don't feel like I need to use a moisturizer after this. Not such a fan of the way it smells - seems kind of old-fashioned, and wish it lathered, but all in all a good, solid product. For me worked better than Chanel's Mousse Douceur.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this because I had a bad breakout from the Clarisonic which gace me spots and dry skin :(
I usually use Liz Earle cleanser which I love to bits but I thought I would buy a really gentle cleanser for the morning because my skin was agrrevated.

Well, first few days were OK, then I started to get dry where I have sensitive skin and I was also getting spots there cos it was cleaning that area.

I used this for a week and I am now returning it. It doesnt foam which is fine with me but it doesnt clean the skin but somehow leaves it dry and irrated and not suitable for sensitive combination skin.

I didnt expect to use this is a make up remover but I tought it would atleast cleanse my skin and not cause me problems.

it is a large tube and the products squirts out fast so be carefukl with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to be a Boscia only lady, but after trying the body lotion/cream I am happily surprised at this wonderful line! It's not only soap free, it has cold cream in it to help with moisture and I need as much moisture as I can get!
It's not just for one's face it's also for the body and that's good for me. I want a cleanser that allows me to use it all over while I am in the shower, something gentle and moisturizing that does not make me feel like my skin is tight and constricted after a shower, like I can take my time using my body lotion/cream, like my skin WILL NOT flake off my body from waiting to be moisturized, I'm not in a rush, LOL!
It does not have a heavy smell, feels good to the skin in the shower, does not make me want to claw myself while showering, feels nice while toweling off without that oily like feeling on the skin. Well done. It has also lightened my red patches from my psoriasis. Boscia was the only other one to do that since it was soap free as well.
My husband uses this as well and even he is impressed with how well this makes one feel after a shower. The only other shower gel that impressed my husband was Boscia, this one has done it's job and then some.
I am sure that this is great for facial cleaning, but it says right on the large 400 ML (13.52 oz) bottle that it is for face and body. We prefer the body part of things. It's doing great there, LOL!
Try it out it feels good and it's soap free.