Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 8/19/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recommend this to you only if you are completely hard of smelling. There must be at least half a dozen offensive odours, I prefer over this lipbalm, which to me smells like a mix of witchcraft & wet sheep.

Having said that to some people this only smells like raw honey. So I guess you will either love or hate this, which is somewhat of a gamble.

I can't tell you if the performance is good or not as I could not get over the scent.

on 7/21/2015 3:12:00 PM

Context: I have dry to very dry lips year-round but especially during the winter. I am reviewing this balm in the summer. I have no strong preferences about lip balm formulas aside from a big aversion to mint in lip products.

Performance-wise, this is a totally average lip balm. It staves off dryness but doesn't perform miracles, though it does seem to get me most of the way through the night during these summer months. The texture is very waxy and fairly hard as a result. The balm doesn't soften against the warmth of my lips so it takes a bunch of swipes to apply a satisfactory amount of product. The upside to the waxy texture is it sticks around for a while and leaves my lips feeling a little tacky.

The scent is a big turnoff and the thing that will prevent me from repurchasing this balm. Despite the fact that the balm has actual honey listed in the ingredients, it's got a strong, powdery, artificial honey scent added which reads like an industrial restroom air freshener to my nose. The scent sticks around for a while after application so I keep getting whiffs of it mixing with my perfume, which makes me cranky. I'll probably finish the tube but I definitely won't repurchase.

on 5/27/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

the formula of this product is amazing and it leaves my lips extremely soft, but the smell isn't great. Willing to put that aside though, as it does wonders for my lips!

on 3/12/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I found this chapstick at my local dollar store for $2. Normally, Burt's Bees products are quite expensive else where. I can't see myself spending $7 on a chapstick. So I'm glad I only paid $2. First off, it took me almost ten minutes to get the sticker off that holds the cap on, and as soon as I opened it I was instantly put off by the smell. It smells like potpourri. I tried it anyways, because I only bought it because my lips were super dry. It went on like wax, and left a big chunk of it on my lips, no matter how gently I tried applying it, it went on so chunky and thick I couldn't stand it. And it's 2 degrees Celsius here right now so it wasn't melted.
Even after wiping it off and eating a sub, I could still smell it. I was really hoping this "lip balm" would be more like the shimmer ones, and would have a minty/cooling sensation.
So glad I didn't spend $7 on it.

While I don't like the original formulation of their chapstick, this is great. It's so smooth and doesn't dry my lips out. Stays on for awhile, longer than other chapsticks I've used. I really think it helps to heal my chapped lips as opposed to pretty much every other lip balm I've tried.

on 2/6/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this lip balm on a recommendation from a friend and I am sorry I went ahead and bought it. This lip balm is very waxy (which is what I dislike about EOS) but this lip balm does feel very smooth and creamy on my lips which I like. I really can't stand the smell of this stuff either. It smells like wax and some other camphor-like smell. It wouldn't be too bad if the smell dissipated but it doesn't, it lasts! So I definitely would not repurchase this lip balm but I will try other lip balms from Burt's Bees to see if they're any better.

on 2/2/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I did not like this product at all. I felt that it only gave me temporary gratification, but does not work well long term. This balm takes effort to apply to my lips, the texture of it is thick and not very moisturizing, so I find myself having to really work it in, for my lips to feel moisturized.
I also don't like how at the end of the day, I would find clumps of the balm all over my lips. It doesn't really moisturize, just sits on my lips and clumps a few hours after application.
I also found that after oxidizing, this product has an odd smell. And lastly, it made my lips dryer than they were before, and now my lips are peeling.

on 1/30/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this. It smells exactly like raw natural honey. Probably my favorite flavor out of all their lip balms.

My go to lip balm.I love this!!
Delicious honey scent,love the waxy almost matte consistency as I hate greasy lip balms that are more of a lip gloss and are rubbed off as soon as you apply(messy and never seem to hydrate the lips),but not this baby it lasts and lasts,and is non greasy enough to be worn under lipstick.
It plumps the lips and is fine for my sensitive skin.Also I like the cute yellow honeycomb style tube packaging,great for popping in the handbag with no mess,lasts a long time too.
Not tested on animals.

on 1/26/2015 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Burt's Bees is the best lip balm you will ever use... HANDS DOWN!!! It is has all the moisturizing properties you want in a lip balm...moisturizing, non-greasy, non-sticky, ect...with a variety of flavors that you will love. It has the qualities I always wished Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers would have had besides just the flavors. I have been using Burt's for about thirteen years now and swear by it. I have only ever had chapped lips when I ran out of it and did not repurchase after a few days. I have used Carmex, Blistex, and Chapstick in between just to try out a tasty flavor they have...I always end up tossing it and going back to Burt's because that stuff ended up making my lips dry and crack. This Flavor is another gem to that line. It has all the good qualities mentioned above. This has an interesting taste/smell to it. I was expecting a huge sweet honey scent to it, but it smells like an herbal tea that has a lot of honey in it. It is still good and works like a charm, so I would still say to give it a chance and try it.

Popular Lip Treatments