March 1, 2015 | 925 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2015 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It would be moisturizing if I didn't have to throw it in the trash. Oh My God. This stuff smells so disgusting. And the small lasts as long as the lotion. I tried to give it to my husband who has very dry hands hoping the more masculine smell wouldn't bug him so much-I didn't mention the smell to him. After the first wear, he said to throw it away because the smell was just too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2015 5:37:00 PM More reviews by adeleme

I have very dry hands especially in the winter. My hands feel like sandpaper and they get a whitish powdery feel, and scales! I can't count the number of cuts I've had because my skin gets so paper thin and crackly. This is the only product that really made a difference! I love the thick cream, which stays on for a long while even after washing. I love the smell--it's more herbal than flowery, more medicinal, which somehow makes me feel it's more of a workhorse as opposed to just being a beauty product. My only beef is the packaging. I'm okay with the tube, but i don't like the little screw top, it's difficult to manage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Hannika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best hand cream I have ever used! I live in Finland and during winters, my hands get very dry and I often have cracks on them. I bought the Hemp Hand Protector based on the reviews here, and I'm definitely not disappointed. The cream is pretty thick and it takes sometime to absorb, but after absorbing, my hands feel so soft. Hemp also heals bad cracks well, which usually don't heal with normal hand creams. I have even made my boyfriend hooked on this stuff and he's pretty picky about cosmetics.

The only thing that I don't care about that much, is the smell of the product. It reminds me of some kind of medicine cream. However, this hand cream is so moisturizing, so that I can ignore the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2015 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kabukik

For dry hands Hemp is the best. Once you put it on it feels like you are wearing gloves, smooth gloves.....Even when you wash your hands they don't feel rough afterwards. It is a bit on the expensive side but the body shop has specials and sales. Another plus you don't need a lot a product to get great results, and that mean the tube will last longer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jlushh

I am a nurse, which means a lot of handwashing, alcohol gel & very dry hands.
I bough this just before christmas, my hands had lots of peeling skin and painful hangnails. I started using this and now my hands are lovely and soft, and no more painful hang nails.

I love the smell, it reminds me of a spa or beauticians.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite thick, intense hand cream, the one I use in winter and at night throughout the year, and I've tried quite a few. It's so moisturizing but not too greasy - it sinks into your hands well. I like the fragrance, but it's not too strong and doesn't hang around for long in my experience. The regular retail price ($20 us) is pretty high for me, but I wait until there's a sale and then stock up (usually on 4/20 they have a deal, haha). It's also great for feet. All in all a very moisturizing, thick skin cream that I will buy often, and already have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff works great if you have naturally really dry skin on your hands in general, or if you're working in an environment where you're washing your hands all the time which dries them out. It's for sure a heavy duty moisturizer/hand cream that works wonders for dry skin. We bought this stuff for my Grandma one year, when she mentioned needing to use a lot of hand cream when she crochet(sp?) or sews and not being able to find one that she really worked because her hands were so dry-we've bought her a new tube every year since for about eight years now(she doesn't crochet much because of her arthritis so she doesn't need a whole lot). The only downsides are that the smell can be rather off putting-it's very earthy and pretty strong, but it goes away once it sinks into your skin-and that it is fairly greasy so it can take a while to sink into your skin, particularly if you use a lot of it at once. Other than that, this is a really good product-it goes beyond just temporarily providing moisture to your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Leah2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good hand cream. I use it at night and it does the job. However it leaves my hands greasy and I can't touch anything after so I usually slather it on before bed. Also absolutely hate the smell so that's another reason I dont use it during the day time. My hands are definitely more moisturizer when I wake up. But I will say I don't think it's worth the price.....I think aquaphor or some other hand cream might be better and more economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by shoesize7

I love this product! Must have for the winter!! Keeps the skin on my hands from cracking up due to the dry air in the winter.

The only complaint I have is on the packaging. The screw on lid area of the packaging can get crusty because it's very difficult to NOT accidentally squeeze out too my product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Horxus

I lost count of how many tubes I already used up of this stuff. It's the best hardcore hand cream out there :D I got very dry and flaky fingertips (can't figure out why for the life of me) and this is the only thing that helps.