The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is amazing. So moisturizing. The bigger size is better value but the small one is a great handbag size. The smell can be a bit strong but I don't find it overly offensive. It fades after a few minutes anyway.

This is going to sound weird but I actually prefer to use this on my feet. I know it's for your hands and they have one made for feet but this one just works better. My feet are as soft as a baby butt, no lie. I put this on before bed and put socks on and when I wake up HOLY SMOOTH. Honestly I'm not too fond of the smell but it isn't that big of a deal, it smells herbal and musky (I'm a sweet tooth). I think it's a little too thick for hands but then again I'm picky and hate greasy hand lotion. While I do like it comes in a tube (sanitary reasons) I find the tube could crack and near the end it's a bit difficult to squeeze out (think the last of the tooth paste) sometimes the packaging cuts my hand when this happens. This is my HG foot cream, it's love and I refuse to part ways. :) It does go on sale and you can get 2 for 20 so STOCK UP.

Absolute favorite, on the 4th tube at this moment. Nice non-greasy texture. Use it on hands, heels and elbows. Makes my skin smooth. Don't find the smell disturbing but maybe I got used to it by using this cream so much

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a fantastic product. It comes in two sizes. If you are on a budget, you can get a 30mL small tube for NZ$12.75. If not, you can get a large 100mL tube for NZ $23.95. A 100mL tube lasted me 2-3 years. It is a nice thick cream. You don't have to use much. It soaks in without leaving a greasy residue. It is very calming, cooling and non-irritating. Your hands feel soft and smooth afterwards.

It was not sold for treatment of eczema (the website says for dry skin) but it helped me. I have had problems with eczema on my hands - bad eczema extending all over the hand and other places - which is now mostly healed. A relative gave me Hemp Cream to help. I have just bought my second tube.

Often creams that heal eczema, hurt, itch and sting when they go on and then later the skin feels better and looks less inflammed. Instead it never stung my hands. My hands looked better and felt softer later.

What on earth is in this thing? FAIRY DUST? UNICORN BLOOD?

I have discoid eczema on my hands and this cream does an AMAZING job at soothing it. I apply it to my hands whenever I can or if I am suffering from am eczema flareup, I apply this cream to specific spots. I can see the skin's redness calming down - it becomes less itchy. I could only manage to get these results with potent steroid creams (they're not good for you long-term use... and thin out your skin).

The smell isn't anything to rave about, yet I don't think it's overbearing either?
$19AUD for 100ml and I will happily repurchase. A little goes a long way - as it is dense and emollient.

100% recommend!

I don't use hemp for anything else except for this hand cream!

Let me start by saying I have the worst case of dried cracked fingers. My fingertips split, crack, peel, and ache. I go through more band aids than anyone ever. I've been to the dermatologist who was of no help, I've used every hand cream OTC and nothing, I mean nothing works like The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. I had two deep cracks that were killing me so I googled best hand cream for cracked fingers and this popped up. I decided to take the plunge and after using it a day my cracks were 50% better and by day 3 they were completely gone and my hands aren't even dry and peeling. They are 100% normal! This is nothing short of a miracle for me. It's so great that on day 2 I ordered a travel size because I can't be out of the house without it. I use it twice a day now as a preventative to hopefully stop those cracks from happening. The only con in my opinion is the smell. I'm not a fan of it but it works so well I can overlook it. I can't speak highly enough of this product. It leaves a nice silky layer on your skin that protects.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Thoroughly moisturising for dry hands, feet, elbows and knees. It can be a greasy at first, especially if you use too much, but absorbs after a minute. I do like the packaging but it pierced while in my bag somehow, so I just keep it on my vanity now. I don't like the smell at all, and it lingers for a long time. The grassy scent is a big shame for me because my big drawing card to hand creams is the prettiest perfumes.

Although it's not the primary function as advertised, I love love love how this heals my calloused feet. I use it once a week on dry areas, more on feet as needed, especially in running season. It runs rings around TBS foot products.
When it first came out over a decade ago it felt much more slippery, so not sure if they've changed the formula over the years. I don't feel the need or benefit in using this on my hands every day over my l'occitane hand creams or TCFS formulas which are similar consistency, smell nicer and are less greasy, but that's not saying you can't use it as frequently and wherever you like :) I'd highly recommended people with dry patches and callouses give this a whirl if you can stand the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't say enough good things about this product! It is a awesome thick hand cream that protects and heals even extremely dry and cracking hands. It is also great to moisturize cuticles with. I have knuckles that tend to crack and get extremely dry, which become very painful, but this saved my hands. I don't know why people dislike the smell so much, it's a nice herbal smell that doesn't last long on your hands either.This is the only thing that really worked for my hands, however it's a little expensive, like 20 CAD for a 100ml tube of this stuff but the body shop has a lot of sales which is a good time to stock up. I'm going to keep buying/using this until they discontinue it (I hope that it nevers!)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is amazing if you have dry, flaky, itchy hands and elbows. My mum has extremely dry hands with some calluses and with continious use of this, it has really improved her hands and her calluses have reduced dramatically. This is great for working hands. Even after you wash your hands it lingers and moisterises.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products