February 26, 2015 | 1842 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2015 8:48:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel also this is very overrated, I found it thick, impossible to use under makeup , I don't like the texture nor the smell..it might be thick, but I didn't fnd it nourishing for my dry skin...I know this brand is very popular, I have the cleanser and it is ok, nothing more...I feel there are better choices out there, at least for me..I just don't care for the texture of the Cerave products!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2015 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Katherine2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel that this lotion is very overrated. It gets a lot of good reviews and the ceramides are supposed to be good for you, so I decided to try it. Well, it's one of the most useless lotions I've ever tried. It simply doesn't moisturize well at all. We are having a very cold winter here in the NYC area and skin needs all the help it can get. I put this on, and 10 minutes later my skin feels dry like I never used moisturizer. I really don't know what good it's supposed to be doing for my skin but when I have to use several coats of it to make my skin feel moisturized, I know I picked the wrong darned product. Waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2015 11:17:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this moisturizer. I have extremely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions and am always looking for ways to hydrate my skin without irritating. This is the only moisturizer I've come across that brings absolutely no irritation to my skin. I've tried lots specifically formulated for sensitive skin including brands like First Aid Beauty and Simple, but even those burned. But I'm not just saying this is amazing because it's non-irritating, it is nicely moisturizing too. It definitely helps with any dryness on the face. I use it mostly in the summer, as I don't find this moisturizing enough for the winter and it is great. All in all, I think this would be great for all skin types and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 3:13:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

I've been using this for a couple off weeks now, and so far I love it! My boyfriend loves it as much as I do since its not greasy at all and absorbs in the skin quickly. It's light formulation and you get a big bottle. I actually had no idea this is for body, but I've been using it on my face and it works well. It's an underrated brand and you get a lot for what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 3:23:00 AM More reviews by sav345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm confused as to why this has four stars. Maybe it works for people that aren't prone to breakouts, but for my dry skin it just left a shiny film. It also caused irritated skin and clogged up pores. This and the neutrogena have been pretty poor moisturizers. (Probably from similar ingredients). If your acne prone I would advise to stay away from both :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 11:58:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic moisturizer

I have tried several others (cetaphil cream, lotion, SPF, aveeno, neutrogena, clinique, lancome, all kinds of others) and this one is

-non-irritating
-soothing
-moisturizing

I feel a bit concerned to read people find this breaks them out

I agree that certain products do break people out, but when I had acne for many years, I broke out anyways. The only thing that stopped breakouts was 2 courses of accutane. What I am trying to say is that its important to identify the underlying cause of breakouts rather than attribute them to a single product, especially one like this. I feel that this lower than deserved rating has a lot to do with ratings due to perceived breakouts. This seems unfair.

In any case, this is an HG moisturizer for me and I have no intention of changing soon

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Hbcalhoun

I have honestly never found a product to be more unappealing. I bought this, CeraVe Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 on a Wednesday and by Friday I had a serious breakout from my forehead to my chin. The bumps were red and itchy and my face was incredibly dry from using it. I stopped using the product on Saturday and by Monday the breakout had gone away. I called the company and requested a refund because it cost me over 13 dollars. The company was happy to send me back my money. Don't buy it, your better off using something with fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 12:56:00 AM More reviews by WintHD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over 7 years now. It is my HG facial moisturizer, and no other product has given me consistently positive results over such a long period of time. My daily routine is as follows: I wash my face with Neutrogena Naturals face wash and apply Keihl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate to my wet skin. Once that sets in I add the Cerave lotion and finish with Elta MD sunscreen. The Cerave lotion absorbs quickly and keeps my skin hydrated all day. It's light enough that my skin doesn't get shiny as the day goes on. As I've gotten older my skin has changed from combo to normal, and this lotion worked with both types. This is a very high quality product, and you get a lot for your money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally got the chance to try this lotion. I chose the lotion instead of the cream because I have combination, acne prone skin but it is very dry and sensitive in the winter so I thought this could be a solution. It only made my skin greasy, oily, clogged my pores and gave me pimples. Used it just for few days and now I use it for my body. Dissapointed. It happened the same with Cetaphil Lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Silvana8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really like this product....not too greasy and makes your face very smooth. Great price too!