CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If I could legally marry a moisturizer… honestly, it’d be this one. I will repurchase this for the rest of my life and probably buy back-up stocks for my future children and my children’s children who may or may not be (unluckily) born with the same skin concerns as me.

First off, my skin type? Acne-prone, very oily all over, prone to clogging, slightly sensitive, medium complexion, etc.
Skin concerns: Hyper-pigmentation, light scarring, uneven skin, light-moderate acne, very oily skin, clogged pores, dry patches due to acne medication. (*cries* such a long list.)

This moisturizer cured my dry, irritated, reddened, filled with dry patches-oily-acne-prone skin! Every moisturizer I tried, prior to this, seemed to sting and just make my skin feel worse. It wasn’t until my dermatologist recommended this to me when I finally met my skin’s saviour.

Product claims: “Moisturizes, restores and maintains protective skin barrier with ceramides and hyaluronic acid. Non-comedogenic, non-irritating.

The amazing this is, YES, it does everything it claims to do which is pretty, damn amazing, if you ask me! My skin just cannot seem to get enough of this stuff. I got my 51 year-old mom hooked on it too.

It keeps my skin plump, hydrated, and moisturizes it evenly and thoroughly. It is nowhere near irritating and it does not cause breakouts or clogged pores for me. It feels gentle, moderately light (not too heavy). I use it in the AM and PM and it makes my make-up go on very smoothly. It doesn’t make my skin any oilier than it naturally is yet gives it the adequate moisture that it needs.

During the winter months, especially in Canada, you may need to give this baby a back-up friend such as moisturizing masks, serums, or its cream counterpart! It still keeps my skin pretty moisturized but winter in Canada is tough to battle so I like to add a moisturizing mask to help this.

For the price at $15 for 355ml, it's worth it for all good stuff it contains.
You can tell how great of a moisturizer it is just by looking at its ingredients.
“Ceramides”: This is naturally present in the upper layers of our skin. They help the skin retain water but also helps repair the skin’s natural barrier and regulates its cells. We produce less of this as we age which can lead to dry skin, wrinkles, and some types of dermatitis. There are studies that show it helps repair the skin barrier, protect it from future attack, improve skin moisture, and much more. The ceramides penetrate and moisturize from within much better when they are in optimal mixture of: 50% ceramides, 25% cholesterol, 15% free fatty acids. ‘Cerave’ has these key ingredients: Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine

“Hyaluronic Acid”: It’s basically a large sugar that can hold over 500-1000x its weight in water making it ideal for our body to use to hydrate tissues. It helps the skin stay plump and wrinkle free. Over time, our bodies produce less of this which can cause wrinkles. It doesn’t need to penetrate the skin in order to do its work but it does need to stay on the surface of the skin (a leave-on product, like a moisturizer rather than a facial wash or toner.)

Needless to say, this is my holy grail moisturizer and I’ve been using it for years now. Haven’t had a problem with dry patches since. Love, love, love! Please give this a try, it may or may not work for you, but if it does, you’ll never look at another moisturizer again, seriously.

This is one of my very favorite body lotions, right up there with Cremé de Corps (that's my #1 HG) Practically everything breaks me out and irritates my skin but this doesn't. Really affordable as well. Recommended!

on 7/13/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using CeraVe for 7 years now and don't ever plan on stopped. I've introduced it to countless number of friends and family because it's the ONE SOLID brand in my skin care that I will never change (unless they change).

CeraVe moisturizing lotion is one of the three products in CeraVe line at home that is just truly all around an HG product. I use year-around but for days that require more moisturization in the winter, I'll mix it with a bit of CeraVe moisturizing cream. The lotion has a thin consistency - just like the cleanser and is fragrant-free.

This stuff seriously saved my skin when I had an outbreak of painful pityriasis alba. Thank you so much CeraVe!!

on 6/26/2015 6:55:00 PM

This is my go-to face moisturizers. I have rosacea so I'm very cautious as to what I put on my face because it's sensitive and prone to breakout. On top of that, I have an oily T-zone with dryness around the cheek area. This moisturizer is lightweight, doesn't irritate my skin and keeps my skin feeling hydrated. Two thumbs up!

on 6/22/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I used this when I really irritated my skin with over exfoliating and rentinol. I bought this for my husband a year ago he never used it so i decided to try it on my very raw painful irritated face. This calmed my face down immediately, and moisturized effectively with out grease or stinging. I plan on now using this daily.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

worked ok with my super sensitive acne prone skin

on 6/11/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG product. Hands down THE BEST facial & body lotion I've ever used. You can never put too much on - this stuff is truly non-comedogenic. Deeply hydrates and transforms the texture of the skin. I use this night & day all over. I like the cream version too - as a mask or PM moisturiser replacement in winter but the lotion is my absolute favourite.

on 6/5/2015 11:37:00 PM

This brand was recommend by my dermatologist and supposed to be great for sensitive acne prone skin. This and the am lotion felt great light and smooth but after a couple minutes of applying under and around my nose started to itchy specially where I had larger more open pores and my face started to turn red. I have large pores and seborrheic dermatitis on my inner cheeks this made my dermatitis more red and itchy. Then a couple days of use It clogged my pores and cause breakouts.

on 6/2/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this lotion but I don't. It seemed like a nice simple lotion for my ultra sensitive skin but it breaks me out and makes my skin red. When I put it on after a shower it burns my face. I don't know why but this product just irritates my skin so I will not be finishing my bottle or repurchasing. The price was good for the amount that comes in the bottle though...it contains a lot of product.

on 5/20/2015 9:00:00 PM

I use this lotion on my face in the morning under makeup and find that it moisturizes my face without irritation yet absorbs into the skin so that it doesn't affect the makeup that is applied on top of it. My daughter has highly sensitive skin and has been using this when her hands or face get irritated and chapped and works well for this too.

It is a very light formula which I'm assuming makes it a good candidate for under makeup but the downside is that it may not be heavy enough for those with extremely dry skin (mine is on the normal side). I also have been using this as an evening moisturizer also and it does moisturize well enough during these non-winter months but I haven't yet tried this as an evening moisturizer during the winter months when my skin does get drier.

I was going to purchase the Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (3 oz for $13.99) but purchased this product instead since the ingredients are identical and you get 12 oz for the same price. I also got it during CVS's frequent Cerave BOGO 1/2 off which makes it even more affordable.

Popular Moisturizers