April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is my first NARS blush suggested to me by girls here on the board and I am sold. This is a perfect flushed shade. I am NW20 and never would have picked this shade. I steer clear of anything that even remotely looks peach. This tricked me, lol, it looks peachy pink but it's not. It's more of a rose color on me. I think this might pull more peach on warm skin tones. I am cool and it just looked rose.

The pigment, wow. I was not ready for it lol. Be careful! I used too much and had to tone it down. It gave me a real radiant look that I haven't seen with many blushes. No shimmer or anything which I prefer now as I am older. This lasted me all day with no wear. Most blushes last me all day anyway because I am very dry but in summer I do see wear. I don't see being one that will fade on me in summer, it is very pigmented.

I would buy this again, even with this price tag. That says a lot because I will not put money down for something high-end again unless I feel it is truly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush works well on my pale skin. I find it to be long lasting & very pigmented. Must apply with a very light hand. Love the sleek packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amour was what began my love affair with blush in general. I told the sale associate that I wanted something without shimmer and she put this on me. I was immediately sold. This is described as a "peachy pink." It's in the standard, rubberized, black NARS case that I love because it takes so little space (so I can hoard more haha). All I need is to lightly tap my ELF studio blush brush into the pan to achieve a natural flush on my NC30 skin. It lasts all day with minor fading. I love this so much, I can't imagine ever running out of it though but I'd repurchase in a heartbeat despite the price tag of $32 CAD for 0.16oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I own 8 Nars blushes so it surprised me that the real gem was one that I never purchased before and it was never suggested to me by the sales staff. Amour is the most natural looking and fresh faced blush I have ever worn. Related to my Bobbi Brown standard, Nectar, but more sophisticated not only in and of itself but it makes a more complex impact on my eye makeup and lip colour. I am a fair/medium neutral fitting into foundations such as Bobbi Brown Sand, Armani #4 and Nars Deauville. If this is you too, listen up! Amour is a coral with slight red undertones and as others have said it is extremely pigmented. I had to lose the yachiyo brush when applying this and use MAC 150. Just lightly tap to pick up a little product. It looks best blended broadly across the cheek like a natural winter's flush. Apply it somewhat like an all over colour and then go back and intensify just the apple area. I also swipe it on my orbital bone to pull it all together. This is really stunning. Francois you are the man! I would only need to purchase this if it got lost because so little is needed.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would absolutely purchase this again when I run out! This blush is highly pigmented and the fine powder is so easy to apply. Amour looks positively natural and gorgeous on the cheeks. It is a beautiful and healthy flush, and such a merry shade of pink. One of my favorites. I love that it is not sparkly too. Must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ElenaMis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product!
Highly pigmented, very natural looking color, perfect for fair skin, stays on the entire day, I'm not joking!
The only problem is that being so pigmented you have to be careful applying it, if not you can easily put on too much and resemble a clown.. Better to use a not too full brush, for example a due fibre from MAC or whatever stippling brush you have.
It costs a bit (especially here in Italy, 32 euro!) but it's worth every money you spend on it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush- it's definitely a favorite.

It is so natural looking when applied right and with a light hand (light hand if you are pale like me).

I am 8 mos pregnant and whenever I wear this blush, someone comments that I have that "pregnant woman glow"-- lol! It's called MAKEUP!

Anyway I love this blush. One of my all time favorite nars products. I'll definitely repurchase, but I only need so little to apply I'll probably have this one for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by LinaVictoria

I love the quality of all NARS blushes, but for my skin tone Amour is a perfect match. It's very pigmented so a little goes a long way and with a good base it lasts forever. It has not horrible sparkles or glitter, it just gives you a rosy, healthy and natural looking blush. I don't go a day without it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jillrp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I stopped by my local Sephora a few days before taking a vacation because I realized my blush was woefully lacking. I bought this color on a whim, hoping it wasn't too dark for my NC20 skin. It was perfect (in a small amount)! It has no shimmer and is a rosey medium pink. It is very pigmented so a good brush is crucial for an even, natural looking application (I use a Crown angled contour brush). I think this blush would suit all skin types and tones, except for really, really dark skin. Yes, it's a bit pricier than drugstore but the color and quality is unmatched.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Amour by nars is a lovely peachy pink tawny warm blush. Like a distant cousin of deep throat. It's flattering on my NC30 skin. It's gives me that "I just went for a workout" healthy - glowy look.
You do have to be light handed when applying this blush... Just a tap will do and blend blend blend. I feel that everyone can wear this shade, it's just so beautiful.