November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jcq

This one has light medium coverage, fair enough to cover minor redness but would not conceal dark circles and pigmentation. As the name suggests, it works really well at highlighting. I like how naturally radiant it shows on the skin, creating luminous dimension across my face, especially on my barely there nose bridge, without any particle of shimmer. This also sits well on my oily skin.
Onto the downsides, it tends to cling on dry patches and fine lines, may not be the best choice for dry skin people. It also sets pretty fast, thus better to apply and blend per small section.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought Light 01. It is slightly more thicker and pigmented than the YSL and Maybelline ones so it is better at concealing and less at highlighting compared to those. It doesn't totally cover my dark circles but its a quick fix to make them look prettier for days when want to look fresher but haven't time for a whole concealing and foundation routine. That makes it good for travel also - but only if I remember to pack my eyecream!

I say to use with eyecream because even on my oily skin it sits on top and looks cakey flakey, and dry. But layered over eye cream it goes on creamy and blends in nicely.

As for the color Light 01, on my very fair skin its the same shade as my face so it doesn't do any highlighting at all. Its ok at covering dark circles under my eyes but I find it a bit too yellow and dark and doesn't really brighten on me...I'm thinking about trying the light pink instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by mosquitobuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this one, because since very young age I always have dark circles. It is expensive, sets on fine lines...apparently though I am oily, these concealers to stay dry and therefore dry your skin. I hope one day I can find a good concealer that does the work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am slightly obsessed with this product. It is just perfection. It has a very smooth gentle consistency that just blends into the skin so easily. I bought this in the lightest shade cause I am so pale and it is just the perfect colour for me.

I usually apply this over my nose, under my eyes, under my cheekbone, on my chin and on my forehead. Not much, of course, but just a dot in these places helps to make my entire face glow. For me, the consistency is also perfect for acting as a concealer. You wouldn't think that that would work, this being a highlighter, but it is just so natural that it covers the blemish without attracting attention to the area. Thus for me it really is a miracle worker -- like a highlighting concealer :)

Before this, I used Clinique's version and it is just no comparison. I like the Clinique version, but I love this, and now my Clinique one is just lying in my makeup drawer as a backup. It has been replaced!

The price is a little steep, but it IS Estee Lauder, you get what you pay for. I have used cheaper highlighters like the one by Rimmel but this one just shoots it out of the park. Whilst I find other products chalky or hard to blend, this just melts into the skin perfectly. All in all, it is ideal :)

I would certainly recommend this product. It does everything it promises to do and more. 5 lippies for Estee Lauder on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

In absolute love with this, i bought this in a little shad lighter and i just have to apply a little around my eyes and little on my cheeks and it makes me look awake. I love this product- it really makes your makeup look flawless, i apply it with my own brush around the areas i want to be brighter and a little goes a long way.

The only down fall is the twist button - sometimes can dispense to much - so that is why i am taking one lippie away for the weird dispenser.
Overall amazing product will repurchase!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not know that this could be used as an under eye concealer until a sales associate at Nordstrom recommended it to me instead of a concealer. Wow! I have very translucent skin and permanent dark circles under my eyes and just a touch of this stippled on makes them almost disappear! With this I find that on days I don't need full makeup on I can simply moisturize, apply a little of this under my eyes, powder and go! It blends into my skin perfectly and invisibly, unlike every concealer I've ever tried. Also, with my age I am starting to get the fine lines under my eyes, this doesn't settle in them at all or otherwise make them more obvious, also something every concealer seems to do with me.

I love the packaging, makes it easy to control just how much I need to get out for application. I don't use the attached brush for applying it though, I brush a tiny glob on the back of my hand and use a Real Techniques eyeshadow brush to stipple it on.

Definitely one of my HGs, I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just beautiful! Not heavy or cakey, it's smooth and silky, with good coverage and luminosity. Perfect colour for me, easy to apply and i love the classy packaging. This really lightens and brightens my eyes. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

This is my favorite illuminator so far! I like it so much more than the Touche Eclat.

The color is perfect for a subtle light that you can apply on your cheekbones, cupid's bow, forehead, and chin. The pen is a very cute rose gold color, and it contains a lot of product! It lasts a long time. :) It is easy to dispense, and it's never too much at once, so application is a dream. I put this over foundation. The consistency is liquid but not runny, and it's very easy to dab/buff/blend with your fingers or a brush (haven't tried with a sponge).

My only complaint is that you can't see how much product is left, but I'm willing to let that go in exchange for the pretty packaging haha.

I hope they never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by quickbrownfox

The best under-eye area concealer and highlighter that is out there.

I'm a big fan of YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a perfect product only it lasts for a month (if you use daily) and costs a fortune. I kept on buying Touche Eclat because I thought that it was the best under eye area concealer (I tried many: MAC, Chanel, Nars, etc.) and I thought it was the only one that answered to my needs. That is; fine coverage (yet a thin consistency) and a proper range of colors. Estee Lauder's Brush-On Illuminator does the same job, but it lasts x3 longer for a better price. Also, you don't need to pile up a lot of product, a little does wonders. The light color is just the right hue, it isn't very white so it doesn't look like you are about to go on the stage and sing a song. Another plus; I never felt the need to re-apply during the day. Overall, I think that this isn't a cheap product but it sure gives you your money's worth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this and the Double Wear concealer at the same time. Both are excellent products but the DW does have more concealing pigment and is just a bit more opaque. However, this illuminator is still a fantastic concealer and has better luminosity and the finish is better. I love DW but sometimes the finish is cakey and I'd rather have a more dewy finish. Great packaging, beautifully portable and attractive. Coverage is about 85% of the DW concealer. Both rate a 5 for me as they do different things for me at different times. I especially like this illuminator to take with me in my purse for touchups.