November 23, 2014 | 1130 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Aiko8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

*my rating reflects the use of olive oil as a moisturizer only*
I love olive oil for 2 things: cooking and hot honey&oil treatment for hair, (though make sure to shampoo thoroughly after hair treatment so your hair doesn't cause breakouts). The thing about using this on the face is that it will clog pores! On the comedogenicity scale
(0 non-comedogenic - 5 oily pore party) olive oil ranks in about a 2-3 which means it will not go on my face and it shouldn't go on yours. There is a high amount of oleic acid which which will clog your pores when left on skin. I suggest sticking to eating the olive oil with garlic and onions, whole grain pasta and romano....ok, time to make dinner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love EVOO!
I have very sensitive skin and have tried everything for my face,from cononut oil to almond oil,creams.They all end up irritating my skin.This is the only oil that doesn't irritate and makes my skin beautiful,strong and moisturized.But as with all oils the application is key.I mix one drop of organic honey,about 3drops vitamin e oil(from a capsule) and a splash of organic olive oil(sometimes more or less,it's not that important,just don't slather it on,just a thin layer) and press it carefully on sightly wet skin and under my eyes and follow with organic sunscreen(Lovea Bio).My under eye skin is smooth and wrinklefree and the rest too.For the first time since my 30's my skin feels healthy and plump,without irritation and all thanks to a cheap treatment and without any harsch chemicals

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Jezah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE EVOO. I buy the empty bottles that have the pop up tops like dawn dish soap at Riteaid and fill them with 3/4 water and 1/4 EVOO, shake it up and then squirt it on a cotton pad as makeup remover. It melts waterproof makeup right off and is so gentle, plus for someone like me who tends to get flaky, dry skin around her eyes year round it is a great moisturizer. I mix it with water as when shaken up it allows the EVOO to distrubute more evenly on the cotton pad plus the PH of water is better for your skin as it is similar. I recommend it to everyone, even my friend who works at a haunted house and has to use a ton of greasy, pan makeup on his face swears by this as a makeup remover now.

I also use EVOO on a damped wedge makeup sponge in the winter about 15 minutes before makeup on any dry parts of my face. I get flaky, tight skin in the winter as I live in a cold region that has brutal winters that mandate lots of moisture sucking heating. EVOO is the only thing I can use on my ultra sensitive skin that doesn't break me out with rashes and redness (even "baby moisturizers" can make me get nasty, bumpy red rashes).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EVOO works great on hair but not my skin. It helped control oil for a day and then my skin just go so dry afterwards cuz it thought it produced enough oil due to the evoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for very very dry patches on your face! Let me start on how my oily skin has got so dry! I have been using my benzoyl peroxide very often and applying a lot each application, as you can see - a disaster waiting to happen! (Please don't let this stop you getting benzoyl peroxide!) Then one day I woke up with a very dry, flaky face. Every time I applied something moisturizing (I use my HG oil control day cream) but that wasn't moisturizing enough and it was burning, (my face was already burning!) I found some Clarins, Kyoku, Clinique, and Chanel moisturizer samples which were burning me more ! I was desperate for it to go ASAP! I tried to use aloe Vera and it just made my face feel tight, burn and didn't help except soothe the area... Then I came across EVOO. I was hesitant about breaking out but that wasn't my main priority. I applied about a tablespoon to the affected area and dry flaky parts on my face. After application, I immediately felt the burning stop, soothed, and moisturized. I went to sleep after and when I woke up, my face was much less irritated, less red, no burning and was much more moisturized overall! I think this is amazing for this sort of thing! Don't be afraid to use it if you have oily skin, I've used it and I haven't had a break out yet! So if this has happened to you, use EVOO immediately! Thank you EVOO!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made me break out, I definitely don't suggest it to anyone with oily or acne prone skin. Also feels gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Clareo

I am acne-prone, struggled with persistent mild, sometimes moderate in places acne for nearly a decade now. My skin now that I'm 29 has become dry in parts (eyes), but remains oily in others. I typically break out on my cheeks, chin/jaw, and forehead. While trying to decide what product to try next (there have been a lot), I tried using EVOO (legit California) as my sole makeup remover and moisturizer, with some bizarre logic that it would work and heal my skin due to my significant mediterranean heritage. Well, it did. I warm it up between my fingers and rub to take off makeup, then use a hot (not too hot) washcloth to wipe off the oil and dissolved makeup. A couple of rinse and repeats with the wet cloth, then use a little oil to moisturize trouble spots. My skin is not breaking out and is looking much healthier. I'm hoping I don't break out a few weeks from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kathyjongg

Love this to take off eye makeup. Better than a lot of eye makeup removers brand I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleynmlw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

A must have for my skin now! I tried Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil but nothing makes my skin feel the way a Extra Virgin Olive Oil does! I use it whilst still damp and it sinks into the skin and doesn't leave the greasy and my skin is getting even and no more dry patches. (knees, elbows etc)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

My skin oily skin HATES oils.
This was no exception.