November 26, 2014 | 1452 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ranouuunounou

sugar + lemon = amazing scrub ♥ i really love to do this scrub once in a week

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found the cheapest scrub ever...oh yeahh!! Why didn't I do this before...mixed 1 teaspoon sugar to my Algenist cleanser and scrubbed away the all the gunk that's been accumulating on my skin forever. The end result was smooth skin. I am soo happy with results!
Next time I am planning to experiment this with some honey, milk, avocado oil..the possibilities are endless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I had some really annoying dry, scaly patches on my cheeks for a long time. They were caused by acne scarring and no matter what I did, I couldn't get the dead skin off my face! I tried Dead Sea Cosmetics chemical peel, I tried moisturizing them to death, I tried using face cleansing brushes, I tried everything! I was desperate so I took a spoonfull of white sugar, mixed it with 100% virgin olive oil and started scrubbing my face in the shower with it. I was scared by both the gritty texture and how sticky oily my face felt when I rinsed it off. I then washed my face with a hand made almond oil soap and voilá! My face is now super soft, bright, moisturized and dry skin free!

Do recommend! Just don't use this exfoliating method every day! It will harm your skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just like strawberrymelons below said, olive oil, honey, and sugar. It is exactly what I use, and am so happy with it. I mixed the ingredients in an old Burt's Bees glass cream jar, and it looks so simple and pretty in the cabinet, but that's beside the point. I do think that it's a nice feeling to make your own little scrub for so cheap and also reuse a pretty makeup jar.
Because this scrub is fairly rough for my face, I usually only use it to exfoliate lips, but do exfoliate nose sometimes. It can be used on the body as well, of course, but I haven't made a batch. Sugar in a scrub works a lot better for me than salt, because salt melts a lot faster and also gives redness, while sugar gives no redness and doesn't melt as quickly, which helps. Skin is always left so smooth. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Olive oil, honey and sugar is the best thing that has ever happened to my skin.

My skin can get pretty dry during the winter months and no matter what moisturizer I use, the dryness is accentuated by foundation on my nose and forehead (where I don't even put foundation on anymore because of that). I have to admit, I was never the one to make DIY's because I'm lazy and would rather buy something that already comes in a bottle and smells good. BUT one day, when nothing seemed to solve the problem, I decided to make this and OMG my skin feels like a baby's bum and when I apply foundation on in the morning it goes on smoothly without accentuating any dryness. Not to mention it's cheap and you don't even have to go out to buy any of it because you most definitely and probably have it sitting in your house somewhere, right now, as you're reading this :).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

SON OF A BATCH OF COOKIES THIS STUFF IS MAGNIFICENT.

Not only because you can use it for exfoliation, but also because you can literally use it in a batch of cookies. So pun intended.

Mixed with olive oil- great body scrub

Mixed with your favorite dish soap- great hand scrub/hand wash

Mixed with butter, oil, eggs, flour, and a dash of vanilla- great batch of cookies.

You most likely already own sugar and oil. Just mix up a bowl full of wonderful, scrub your body with it in the shower, and feel your skin. It will be as soft as 50 ply Charmin ultra. That is, if they made such a thing.

Just try it, it's worth the shot. Don't be a silly goose people.

39 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by heleno451

I've had great results using sugar as a body scrub. It makes my skin soft and you can't beat the price! Depending on your skin type it might be too harsh to use on your face though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is quite oily, i use it three times a week (my skin is not sensitive) i use plain old white sugar mixed with honey and use a little bit of water before scrubbing. AMAZING! Why on earth would i ever purchase something that i can make myself in two seconds???
Great great discovery.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

Tastes so good, will definitely repurchase

55 out of 66 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by chantililly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit I find it pretty ironic to be scrubbing sugar on my face while on a low-cal diet. Maybe this is one of those things that is better out than in.

I've known for a while that sugar is antibacterial but I hadn't really thought about using it on my face. It doesn't really seem intuitive to break out the cooking supplies when it comes to skincare. But after finding that olive oil makes a much more effective and gentle eye-makeup remover than my actual eye-makeup remover, and unpasteurised honey brings my spots right down, I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a go.

I used superfine sugar mixed with olive oil and it actually worked great. I was surprised at how nice the result was. I suppose, thinking about it, sugar is a key ingredient in a lot of scrubs (Lush lip scrub for instance... I never understood why you can't just make that yourself) so it shouldn't be so shocking. My skin breaks out if you so much as look at it when I'm back in my high-humidity hometown and this didn't break me out. My acne even looks better. So there's that.

And it's sugar. You buy it at the supermarket when you're getting your groceries. Being a fan of Asian makeup and living in a place where the nearest Bobbi Brown counter is three counties away, I'm used to good products being difficult and stressful to obtain. So being able to pick my exfoliator up along with my fruit and veg is a nice change-- I'll just keep it out of my coffee from now on.

TMI-- I also found it's good for ingrown hairs, the kind you get from shaving. I have big problems with that so this, I love.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No