September 2, 2014 | 1953 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannonblackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product but it doesn't wow me. I does an okay job with medium to light coverage but any oil seeps though within a few hours and I feel like I have to re-powder. It doesn't give me break outs, so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Amy622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it!!!! Makes my makeup stay on ALL DAY LONG

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by maddymaddie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very chalky finish that settled into my fine lines. Gave my skin a grey tinge. I used daily and hit the pan after a month.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fades quickly and doesn't have good staying power. It also made my face dry even when I had moisturizer on! Very weird...I'm using tarte now which has good staying power and doesn't dry out my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

FAIL. UTTER FAIL.

There are three things I want from a foundation: excellent coverage, mattifying properties to the extreme, and longlasting superpowers.

This foundation has the first two.

"Oh, that doesn't sound so bad," you say. "It's a powder compact, so it's easy to carry and reapply, right?"

I was once naive as well.

You see, you put this on and it looks AMAZING. FULL coverage, and shine is friggin' dominated and beat down. Great!! Only...it doesn't even last for an hour. The effect lasts about as long as a fart in the wind. Reapplying it is a fool's errand. If you go to just quickly powder your nose, it blends in with any and all oil/sweat on your face and creates this disgusting, cakey, dark swirl on your nose. Blending it out is a pipe dream; the more you try to blend it out, the more oil you introduce into this strange pseudo-paste you're pushing around your face and into your pores; suddenly, your face looks like it's covered in dark dots. Awesome. Blotting with oil sheets before reapplication doesn't help, either. You end up in the same predicament.

Rather than absorbing oil as your face produces it, this product seems to rise and sit on TOP of the oil. The product will become completely displaced on the oily parts of your face. One single strand of hair that falls will create bizarre imprints in it--the first time this happened, I was pretty confused as to why I had lines all over my face. One pesky loose hair did me in. Oh, and don't even answer your phone; your face will transfer onto it. So gross.

DUD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This stuff is great! I've been using for some years now and it always works great. Coverage diminishes quickly, and can darken in some areas (I think due to the oil absorbing qualities) so it's good to make sure your face is totally dry before applying. Best to apply concealer afterwards with this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Diane03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The worst powder I have ever used.
Dusty, chalky, awful texture. I don't think it blends well. It felt heavy on my face. Unless you want to look like clown face... don't use it.
This product is not worth the price. I have used much better powders for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by makeup0bsessedx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder! I love it so much. I wish it would come with more product and it was a little cheaper... but it's worth purchasing for sure. I have a few dark spots and I always have to be extremely cake in that area and sadly it still doesn't cover it.. but cover fx really covers acne/dark spots/age spots/blemishes amazingly! I'm in love with this product. It is extremely pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

***This review is for the original version called "Powder Fx"
I just got this a few days ago after a long search for a powder foundation that's pale enough to match me...It was between this (Powder Fx) and Pur Minerals 4 in 1 powder. Just looking at it I didn't think it would be pale enough, it looked a little too pink/orange, BUT when I applied it, it was a perfect colour match. >>>FYI.. I'm VERY pale. MAC NW/NC-15 is too dark and so are 98% of cosmetic collections...even the lightest shades. UNFORTUNATELY, I also have a bit of redness and pink acne scars left over from past acne struggles, so I NEED to wear foundation. I was using MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in the shade N3, but found it a touch too pink and a little bit chalky...it's good, but I want better. WELL I'm not that into Powder Fx either.
GOOD:
* good coverage..about a medium+ (can be just light if you want it to be)
* perfect colour match for my super pale skin that's hard to match..(shade E0)

BAD:
* very matte/chalky...a bit flat looking
* I could feel it on..felt dry and tight
* never really "melded" into my skin even after having it on for hours...remained very matte/powdery looking
* I don't think it has good staying power...I just applied it and sat around the house watching tv, and somehow I looked at my face 5-6 hours later and it looked rubbed off...I know I didn't touch my face or eat anything messy (the parts that were still there were still matte/powdery........BTW I was wearing primer under it and ELF HD setting powder over it.

I applied it 3 different ways...one side of my face w/ a kabuki brush, one side with a round sponge and on my forehead I applied it w/ the applicator it came with.
>>>pat-pressing it on with the round sponge gave the best coverage and look

IF you have super oily skin and really like a matte finish ...maybe give this a try
I'm going to exchange it for the Pur Minerals 4 in 1 ...if that doesn't work and I can't find anything else ...who knows maybe I'll come back to this and get a more moisturizing primer or something
I paid $35 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart
***also I see that Cover Fx came out with a new version of this without talc called "Pressed Mineral Foundation"....I could try that too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this but sadly, it's just another average, overpriced powder foundation.
I purchased this as an alternative to my MAC Studio Fix because the ingredients are better for sensitive skin and I like powder foundation for everyday makeup and liquid for going out/nighttime.
Been using this off and on for about 2 months, here are my thoughts:

AS COMPARED TO STUDIO FIX POWDER FOUNDATION:
coverage not as opaque and does not wear as long. As much as the ingredients in MAC make me itch sometimes, studio fix really doesn't need to be layered much to get medium coverage. I'd say the coverage from this product is along the lines of drugstore powder foundation unless you really spend time layering and buffing it in.

Compact is very similar to the MAC one but feels cheaper and not as sturdy. This is annoying to me because Cover FX is more expensive and they shouldn't skimp on packaging. the sponge sucks, I use a brush in the am and save it for touch ups at work.

Texture is a bit gritty/grainy compared to MAC. Not horrible but I was really hoping this would be superior to Studio Fix since is nearly $40!

Oil control is better than Studio Fix which is awesome. I get oil after about 1-2 hours with MAC, this stuff keeps oil at bay for 3-4 depending on what I'm doing. Keep in mind, I have sensitive oily skin and do wear glasses to work so oil in the tzone pretty much can't be avoided all day. I've accepted that and adjusted my expectations of beauty products accordingly.

Color range rocks which is mostly unusual when shopping for powder foundation. Not surprised since this line was created by former MAC artists. I use N4 in MAC and they gave me N20 in cover FX. It was a little paler than the N4 but once it warms up to my skin, it was fine.

This doesn't make me itch like MAC does but...it breaks me out a little :( Whenever I wear it, I swear I wake up the next day with a pimple somewhere. And yes, I remove makeup and cleanse at night with products I know my skin likes. It's definitely this powder that does it.

Doesn't seem to sink into pores as much as Studio Fix does but maybe that because the coverage isn't as good so it's not as noticeable?

Overall, I would say this is an ok product that has some good points but it was way overpriced for me and will not be my go to powder foundation. If you have sensitive skin that is not dry or oily and and you want light/med coverage, you might like this if you budget allows it.