April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by samiakbari

I love Tom's products. I use their toothpaste and other items, but this natural deodorant is not good. It does say "deodorant" and not "antiperspirant" but I wasn't expecting to all of a sudden realize how much I actually sweat! And on top of that, my armpits became irritated and rash-y from the new wetness going on. I had to go back to my cheap, conventional deodorant just to stop the irritation and also needed to use aquaphor for a few days to heal myself. No bueno!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry - but it doesn't work - I need an antiperspirant - not just a deodorant. I need to stop the wetness. This is natural and smells good but will not cut it in corporate America.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lb1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does not work. I rarely sweat but this product made me smell terrible. I have had friends say the same. I would not recommend this to anyone close to me.. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kemper1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awful! It burned my skin off and left huge dark marks from the scarring! It smells bad: both the apricot and mint. DO NOT BUY THIS.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by smdunn91

I've been looking for a cruelty-free deodorant. I purchased this in the apricot scent. This has no lasting power whatsoever. Within a couple of hours I stank like a pig. I'm not a huge Tom's of Maine fan because I just haven't had the best experience with their products, and this deodorant is no different.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by tottie06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave two stars being that this is natural and does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate. But other than that, using it was not a good experience. I tried several versions of it including the Long-Lasting one, and had slimy wet underarms all day, and ended up sticking by mid-day! I now use Dove -the one that has castor oil and no aluminum. I will not repurchase Toms.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by hbanana123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the unscented aluminum-free deodorant.

It's simply not a good product- it actually makes me smell worse than my natural stink. I don't sweat that much which is why I thought I could get away with a natural deodorant, but this one did not work with my body chemistry.
Although this says "unscented," it stinks like bo before you even put it on. I do not recommend this product. Sorry Tom's, I will stick with my Crystal roll-on.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Singdelgado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I thought it would be a good idea to switch to a natural deodorant since my armpits were dark caused by the aluminum from regular deodorants. Since Toms can be found easily at a drug store I decided to try it out and the first week it worked! I could tell that my arm pits were getting lighter and that I didn't have body odor even though I would sweat. Although, since day one it made my arm pits SO FREAKIN ITCHY! And I continue to use the product. Why? I don't know. I now have body odor and my arm pits are dry as hell. They're red, starting to flake, and are terribly terribly itchy. Definitely would pay the extra dollars to try out Lavanila instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by SmellyPeter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Product: Toms of Maine, Long Lasting, Aluminum Free deoderant (Unscented)

It takes a lot to get me to write a review. This product came on sale at the local store and I (stupidly) picked up a bunch of them without trying one first. The packaging made a compelling case ("Clinically PROVEN"!) and it is difficult to find unscented deoderant so I picked some up...

Alas, after a few days, what is THAT smell? It was ME. I never smelled that before. I thought I forgot to put it on in the morning. It took me a few weeks to figure out exactly what the problem was -- and I'd tried everything (change of diet, new laundry detergent, scrubbing myself like crazy, more..)

Finally I stopped using this product and within three days I was my same old sweet-smelling self.

Just as a double-check, I tried it again one day. Sure enough at the end of the day I smelled horrible -- same unique smell as before.

The rest of this product that I had went straight into the garbage bin.

Note: I've had some products work better and some work less well but this was notable in how poorly it worked AND the terrible smell it made me have (much worse than not wearing any deoderant for sure).

Could be a reaction to my particular physiology but, somehow, I think it's just a bad product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I probably would've smelled better if I didn't use this deodorant. It didn't prevent my body odor at all and I'm convinced that it made it worse. It also made weird spots and rashes on my armpits, just like a lot of the other reviewers said. Sorry, but I have nothing good to say about this product. Definitely not worth the price.