November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by AngelFacedBeauty813

I'm sorry did someone over the age of 25 actually accuse those of us who love sheer cover and had no problem saying so of working for sheer cover? LOL!!! WOW! That's ridiculous,some people actually do love the product and have had great results from the makeup. I for one am in love with it and will never use a different concealer or foundation liquid,mineral or otherwise. I just can't believe a grown adult would say EVERYONE on this site that loves Sheer Cover must work for them. I'm a professional cosmetologist and this makeup provides better coverage than my(very,very expensive) professional makeup kits concealer and foundation. Not only do I use it on myself, I own several shades to apply on clients for a beautiful makeup job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by gianniar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am transgender, and this product has been a miracle. I have fair skin and dark hair, but have not have facial hair-removal. I work full-time as a woman, I sing karaoke, and have performed storytelling, on stage, before cameras under bright lights and no beard-shadow. Customer-service is abominable because of computer problems, but the people are nice, and you can work them for free products. What you need to do is set your automatic shipment back as far as possible, and just order individual products at the member-price. None of the peripheral products are worth the cost, but both the original and new covers and foundations really do the job. I sometimes get compliments on my complexion, at 54 with the shadow to cover. The original are smoother, quicker and easier to apply, but are harder to match to your skin tone. The new version is definitely chalkier and takes much longer to blend, but in the end, the look is flawless and the color matches automatically without mixing shades. So for quick makeup for work, I go with the original; but when I want to look my best, I take the extra time to use the new version. Less is more with the original, if you use too much it gets cakey. With the new version, you have to use more product. The brushes that come with the kits are decent, but the bamboo brushes you can get at Walgreens work better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by DebraO

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this mineral makeup to be very chalky. I have been using Bare Minerals for years but wanted to give Sheer Cover a try. Big mistake !!!!!!!!!!!
Very ashy color. I am a true medium but found the Sheer Cover Medium an awful match for my skin color. I also found it to be far too dry for my skin type. I have sensitive skin and it does tend to be dry but I haven't had any issues with any other foundation I have tried. My other go to foundation is Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Love it.
Sheer Cover is a big fail in my opinion.
Will never order again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by AmyDavis24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The makeup itself is really good but the customer service is AWFUL!!! Not worth ordering over the phone! I had to get a new debit card so they would stop charging my account.. More trouble than what it's worth.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by andpiglet2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Seen so many reviews on the sheer cover and was amazed by what it did, so thought why not, the package arrived 4 days after ordering. When i opened it was very impresses by the how items were pacakged and could not wait to try it.

Well here goes the first thing i noticed on applying it,it did'nt go on great and left some parts for my face more covered than others, well after sorting it out. I was not impresses with how it went on and looked. then a few hours later i noticed my skin was feeling really itchy, took it off and the itchy feeling went away, but thought it may have been just because i was hot that day.

Well tried again and the same thing happened so not very happy with the items at all, returning the items were no hassle,

The only good side of it was the mascara but not buying it just for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by wanderfull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 10 years. I used to have really oily acne-prone skin and found that this product was the only one that would cover my blemishes. I found powder was a lot better with my oily skin than using foundations.

I used to get the full medium pack sent out regularly but now I simply get sent 2 x mineral powder in the colour Latte, as I find this is the perfect colour for my skin. You are able to customize your order so I would suggest doing this once you've found the colour/products that you like, rather than pay the full amount for products that you might not be using all of the time.

Now that my skin has cleared up I've branched out and used more liquid foundations and I tend to use sheer cover more as a setting powder. It is, and will probably continue to be, a staple in my everyday make up routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by jadecampbell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely my must have product.
I have been using it for around 7 years now and although I try lots of other different products, this is definitely my absolute favorite!
I generally use the bisque which suits my pale and sometime red complexion, although if I am having a good skin day I use golden as this seems to have a lighter coverage.

I have used Bare Minerals, Loreal, Jane Iredale, Nude and a whole host of other mineral powders but they don't come close to Sheer cover.
I used to use the concealer but have gone off it a bit now. I think it might be because I am getting older and find that the concealer sits in my lines a bit.

I get the best results from sheer cover when I use clarins beauty flash balm underneath or sometimes I use Maybelline 8 in 1 BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by farahxoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely my holy grail.

I have dry and sensitive skin so it is hard to find a foundation that sits well without looking cakey/cling to dry areas or one that won't react with my skin...

Having been through TONS of high end and drug store foundations- making me super aware of all the possible pros and cons of different products, i have finally found the one that satisfies me, making me finally feel confident about my skin. This foundation can give the sheerest coverage to the fullest and in my opinion, leaving a flawless finish.

Another pro of this product is that it doesn't stick to blemishes. It gently evens them out- whether it's a scar or a hormonal breakout, or acne. I'm not claiming this product can cover my blemishes, but i am saying that if i don't fancy wearing my concealer then this product has the ability to even my complexion out making me look healthy and fresh. It's also actually amazing for dark circles?! It just evens your complexion out so subtly but beautifully- and you can't feel it on your skin! Which i LOVE.

Pairing this foundation with the conceal and brighten trio, i can achieve flawless skin! Never EVER would i have thought that i could say that! Having eczema left areas of my face with hyper-pigmentation but this product evens it out making it look naturally even.

I am glad i found this product.

Overall, if you're struggling finding a foundation as you have one of a dry skin, sensitive skin, eczema prone skin, blemish prone skin, redness, hyper-pigmentation, dark circles, melasma, rosacea or multiple of these issues- and you are contemplating buying this foundation; do it.

One pot has lasted me a long time too, so you get your moneys worth. HOWEVER, if you are thinking of buying this, i would actually recommend buying the Introductory VIP Kit as it's more affordable and you get 7 products (of a smaller size) for not even £10 more. (£21.95 for the actual foundation, £29.99 for the Introductory VIP Kit.) You can test it out, see if it works for you. Then decide if you want to buy another kit (they do a selection i think) or buy the foundation or concealer. Just so glad i found it. Feel so much happier!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jolz93

SKIN REVIEW: So I have acne-prone skin and previous scarring from old acne and in all honesty, this product does wonders for me. My friends and family tell me my "skin is getting better" but its not because of the cleansers I am using (trust me -.-"),it is sheer cover covering up what I had/have. It is light weight, covers blemishes/redness/[most] scars REALLY well, helps the skin have that 'glow-effect' (particularly after I apply the bronzer), fragrance-free, and it does last nearly all day. However, if you have oily skin, sheer cover will only hold off the 'shine' for so long until your face gets shiny again (personal experience) - but still, it is better than any other foundation, powder, or concealer I used. It is SO important you apply the makeup properly! I can't stress this enough.. if you just do it carelessly, you are wasting your time and money. Use their tutorials/ the book they send you to your advantage!

COMPANY REVIEW: There was a comment here that mentioned the 'deceitfulness' of the company and I must admit I would have to agree with that person. Initially, your package is about $35.00 (it's to lure you in!) Than suddenly they sent me a package 2-3 months later with a bunch of products I never signed up for, and I was expected to pay $116.00 (in 3 payments)...Lucky for those jerks I loved their product and still do. To avoid this I suggest once you get the product, you call their company (and either cancel your membership with them if you not satisfied with the product OR if you are (like moi!) you customize your kit, tell them when you want it by, and double check with price and make everything clear.On the brighter side, the customer service was really nice to me!).

Besides their deceitful ways, the product is in fact wonderful. Considering I got a little jipped by them I still use the product!

Hope this helped! xoxo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by vikifernandes

this product is a sham i bought it at bed bath and beyond it made existing breakouts worse
it clogged my pores coverage was horrible i got 3 shades no matter how i blended 2 and experimented none matched my skin tone and it made it look cakey so it did not look natural on my skin i looked up the ingredients its not natural whats so ever i hated the texture t lepton my skin when i was wearing it i will never buy anything off as seen on tv