April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bevinc123

I really do like this bronzer. It is the perfect brown bronzy shade, which is hard to find because a lot of other bronzers have an orangey undertone to it. The only negative about this, and I am very sad about this!, is that I think it's causing me to form like, white bumps on my cheek. IT could be just a coincedence but ever since I got it, I noticed my cheeks are breaking out with these white head like bumps. Major bummer. I'm not ready to give it up yet though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

It is the best bronzer I have tried to date. When I ran out of my Nars Laguna I asked a Sephora SA what she would recommend me try. I told her I liked Laguna's color but disliked how crumbly the product gets when I hit pan (it broke apart very easily), she recommended Tarte's Park Avenue Princess MATTE VERSION. She warned me that Tarte had just introduced the same shade name, Park Avenue Princess, but in a shimmer version and that she wasn't sure if the matte version would be available after. Now that I am hooked on my PAP (lol) and am almost out, I'm a little scared to enquire about it at Sephora in case they did discontinue the matte version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG bronzer. I use this last in both my daily and special occasion ritual during the summer and just on SO's during the winter. I use it like a highlighter, dusting it on all the spots that tan first, my forehead, cheekbones, across my nose, chin, sometimes even on my collar bone.

IT DOES NOT WORK AS A CONTOUR! It's too golden and shimmery for contour, you will look bizarre.

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it a dupe, the e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzer in Warm Tan gives me similar results for MUCH less, $1 vs. $29 for Tarte's bronzer. This summer I will likely switch to the e.l.f. product for daily use and use the Tarte for SO's. I'm not sure yet about e.l.f.'s staying power, but for $1 I can afford to reapply several times a day if I need to. I know that Tarte's bronzer will last through and entire event without reapplying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for all the pale ladies out there. I am very well aware that bronzers are not for me. I'm whiter than a piece of paper and *everything* (with the exception of NYX Taupe for contour) turns orange on me. This looks like I smeared copper brown eyeshadow on my face. Not for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love this bronzer. It reminds me of Too Faced Milk Chocolate. I think its more warm toned than Milk Chocolate but it still looks good on me. I am cool toned and very light. This is just a perfect amount of darkness without looking like I have bronzer on.

My HG bronzer is still Chocolate Solei and Milk Chocolate for winter by Too Faced. This is an awesome number 2 though. I would buy this if it was a bit cooler toned. Overall, a great bronzer for lighter skin and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by JScougs

My HG bronzer. A few years ago I did an over haul of all my makeup to try and figure out what was causing my skin to break out. When I reintroduced this bronzer it didn't cause any breakouts at all. My skin has a SLIGHT olive undertone to it and during the winter months it can get pretty light, which is when this bronzer is PERFECT :)!!! When I start to get a little color in the summer however it isn't really dark enough. I have repurchased this over and over again and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As my first Tarte product, I must say I'm very impressed with the product itself. I have medium-light skin tone, with slight yellow undertones and this shade works perfectly.

Pros: Universally flattering shade, lasts a about 5 hours before fading, matte, not too red

Cons: horridly ugly packaging

Overall Opinion: I think this is a quality product. Probably will not repurchase immediately so I can try other bronzers, but I know I can always come back to this one will be ensured satisfaction. I prefer this bronzer to my $75 Guerlain Four Seasons bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Botanika

I love the golden brown tint of this bronzer. It's very pigmented and it lasts for a while too. It looks natural on my skin and it doesn't break me out either. This is one of my favorite bronzers.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Park Ave. Princess leaves my skin looking like an over tanned, overdone, perfectly coiffed with lots of teasing and hairspray cart pushing bag lady who lives out in the sun year round and wears frosty coral lipstick outside of her lip line.
This Bronzer is
-too heavy
-to shimmery
-too dark
too, too, too!
It just doesn't work on me.
For reference Nars Laguna rocks my bronzing world as well as Guerlain and a few Physicians Formula bronzers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. After trying many well known bronzers (NARS Laguna/Casino, MAC Golden/ Refined Golden, Too Faced chocolate bronzers, UD baked, Milani) I finally feel like I've found my HG bronzer. TF Park Ave Princess is perfection. My best friend is in love w/this bronzer and I am too, she is pale and I'm tan-medium skintone but it works for both of us.

The color is the perfect gold-y bronze, I think it's universally flattering. It never looks muddy on me as some bronzers tend to look and never orange which I despise in bronzers

I don't think I will ever try another bronzer again, this is it

Love the crocodile texture box w/magnetic snap closure. also the bronzer is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, SLS, etc