Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

This cleanser feels velvety on my skin, causes no eye irritation when used to remove mascara, smells intoxicating (if you love cucumbers as I do), and leaves my skin feeling very clean. I have normal/combo skin, but I can see how someone with normal-dry skin might find it to be a little drying. I also have to add that I don't wear heavy makeup and it does a fine job of taking off my mascara and tinted moisturizer or light foundation, so I'm not sure how well this would remove more. I do love the supersize sample I'm currently using, but all considered, I just couldn't justify buying a very expensive cleanser like this one, since I've found others that do the same thing at a fraction of the cost. I would rather spend more on treatments and peels than cleansers, that just go down the drain with my money, lol.

I love the scent cucumber and it's a definite change from unscented. It's very gentle gel cleanser that does not foam, scent is beautiful but does not do a good job cleaning makeup. I tried a sample packet from Sephora and it doesn't do much for me. It's just not worth the price $45 for 5.1oz. Thanks for reading!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my skin: oily, acne-prone, sensitive.

I wanted to love this product after hearing so many raves. However... I do not get the big deal about it. Fresh Soy cleanser reminded me of Philosophy's Purity cleanser, another overhyped and overpriced dud in my book.

I found Fresh Soy cleanser to be very drying. It stripped my skin quite a bit. This surprised me as I've seen so many dry skinned ladies praise it. My skin didn't feel raw after using it, so it's not the *worst* cleanser I've come across. However my skin felt like it was irritated and the moisture was sucked out.

I could not use this everyday. And I don't see any point in using it even on a rare occasion. The ingredient list/formulation is definitely nothing remarkable.

I won't repurchase.

I've only been using this for three weeks now but I noticed a difference in my skin immediately after the first use. I use this right after my Boscia exfoliating peel gel and I put a dime sized dollop on my clarisonic and rub it in in circular motions all over my face for about a minute. After I rinse, my face feels instantly SO, SO smooth and completely radiant. Seriously, my skin is glowing and it's never felt so soft and smooth. I've also noticed that some pimple/zit scars from before have actually faded a bit which is awesome -- due to the antioxidants and vitamins in the product, I think. It also removes makeup really well and you don't need more than a quarter size. I use it normally twice a day and it gives me a great base for makeup, if I'm going to wear it that day.

Left my skin irritated and clogged.

I liked this product when I was using it, but I felt like it was almost too gentle. I loved that I could use it around the eye and neck areas as well, but it was almost as if I had to use a cloth or something with the product to really feel like my face was clean. Great cleanser, but I never felt like I could use it on its own.

Tried this after reading reviews but not a fan as it doesn't take off any make-up nor leaves a clean feeling.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite cleanser for daily use. It isn't the best at removing makeup but it's great for gentle cleansing without stripping the skin but leaving it feeling clean.

This is my current cleanser, and I love it!

After washing my face with harsh cleansers containing SA and micro exfoliating beads for many months, I had successfully stripped my skin of its natural oil barriers.

This cleanser has restored my skin's natural balance. It is a dream for people with sensitive skin.

I used to think my skin was super acne prone, but I realize now that it's more mild than anything and that I'd just been using way too harsh of cleansers on my sensitive skin.

I would say the actual product is comparable to a cetaphil or cerave product, very lightweight and is not super foamy when you lather it on.

I bought the travel size of this to test it out but I may buy the full sized one once I run out, either that or a basic cetaphil/cerave product for a fraction of the cost.

Either way, this cleanser is effective for me and completely non-irritating. It has a gel like consistency but doesn't feel slimy and removes makeup effectively. It glides on my face when I apply it and I just really love the consistency. Not sure if it has minimized breakouts but it's kept them at bay at the least.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE DEC 12/2015

I did super love the texture of this...and I do still love the smell. Although I had a allergy test done and I was told I am allergic to fragrance so I wont be using this anymore, because im pretty sure its in this. Ive switched to paulas choice gel cleansers instead, pretty much same as this but without the fragrance!

This face wash is a sensitive skin girls dream!!!! I love it soooo much, one use and I was hooked!! The cucumber smell is so intoxicating to me, I dont understand why anyone would hate it. Its literally sooo refreshing, especially it being August right now, and hot out, I so look forward to washing my face with this-feels like a spa experience.

I love that it doesnt really foam, I am not into SLS products, and think that cleansers that foam dry out the skin and disrupts the skin Ph balance. Also, i wear full coverage makeup, with powder, blush-the works, and this takes it off easy! Even my eye makeup gets removed with this as it is sensitive enough for around the eyes.

I cant express how happy I am with this face wash, makes my skin feel so soft and clean.

Only down side is how expensive it is, like 45 whaaa!! Crazy, but Ill keep purchasing because Id rather get something that works and feels amazing than wasting money on stuff I may not even like.