Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this mineral base!!!! It is my HG, daily foundation. I am shocked that it has any negative reviews. I have used this for several months and my skin loves it. I have acne prone, oily skin. Never breaks me out :)

I really like this foundation. For the longest time I used liquid foundation because the powders wouldn't give me the same coverage. This coverage is fantastic, though, and looks really natural! Everyday minerals also has a huge range of shades so it is easy to find you match. You can also get a set of 7 samples for free to find your match. Great!

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I used this foundation years ago, and looking for light mineral makeup with satiny kind of finish, I thought I'd try it again. 1C is a decent match for my skin. It's really pink, but apparently I am too since it pretty much disappears when I apply it. I wanted to love this, but I really didn't. It's powdery yet shimmery, and it makes me look about 10 years older than I am because it highlights fine lines I didn't even know I had and never saw when I was barefaced or with any other makeup. Add to that the fact that it doesn't even come close to covering the very faint acne scars I have from teenage breakouts (for perspective, most BB creams and CC creams cover them without concealer), and this was a big disappointment.

On the plus side, I love the EDM sample kits and find the site easy to navigate and friendly. I think I'm going to try the Jojoba base since I did find a decent color match, but this one is going on the discard pile.

I love this stuff. For me it covers extremely well while looking very natural. It sounds too good to be true, I know. I use a dense brush from Coastal Scents, which helps get me the coverage I like. I also try to apply it in layers which helps. I do have to touch up midday, but I don't really mind because the ingredients are so minimal and it doesn't feel like much on my skin. I switched to this from Bare Minerals because I was having a reaction to something in their formula. This hasn't happened with Everyday Minerals. I know it's practically a sin, but I have even slept in this makeup a few times and my skin doesn't seem to mind. I say try it with the expectation to apply in layers and touch up midday. These minor drawbacks are hugely outweighed by the benefits in my opinion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This foundation looks good when first applied in the morning. I use it over a EM finishing dust. The coverage is very sheer and matte whith a natural finish. The "new-old" formula never breaks me out and is perfect when my skin needs to "breath" if I have some congested pores. It's very lightweight and I can't feel it on my skin. It washes of so easy in the evening. Now, the bad things.. Whitin hours (one even?) this starts to fade away. It just disappers all over. And makes my pores look bigger. And when applied, as I find with all EM products, it flies everywhere. But, I might repurchase because of it's good parts and touch up during the day (which I always do with every finishing powder but I don't like that I have to touch up the whole base)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used N1 Ivory and its a decent match for my NC15-20 skin (I'm more neutral in tone than warm/cool). I like the finish, it's not flat. So far it hasn't broken me out like most mineral mu does. The formula doesn't contain the LL ingredient anymore so those that liked this but couldn't use it because of that can give it another try. The coverage is ok, better than the jojoba foundation.
I need to keep trying this just incase though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this really hoping that it would help cover my acne and acne scarring. (Notice I said HELP cover it, not fully cover because that's what concealer is for) I tried this with different kinds of primers, without primer, with a lot of moisturizer, with a little bit of moisturizer, no moisturizer, etc. The coverage is awful. One layer does nothing, it doesn't even out your skin tone or hide any redness. So I layered on a few light layers. It probably took about 5 (yes, 5) layers to actually get some kind of coverage. It didn't fully cover my redness (I used the mint color corrector for it which actually turned my face a green tint), it didn't cover my acne or scarring at all. I used the multi-tasking concealer under and cover the base to see if that helped with coverage, nope.

I'm so frustrated that I've put out a good $100 on 2 bases (summer and winter shades), mint color corrector, multi-tasking concealer, the flat top brush, blush, eyeshadows, and eyeliner. The only good things this company carries are the eyeshadows and eyeliner, even though they do have a lot of fall out.

I tried Everyday Minerals because of the price (compared to Bare Minerals, it's a lot cheaper) and because mineral foundation is better for your skin. I guess I'm going to have to try Bare Minerals and pray for the best. I'm so disappointed, I wanted to like this base especially since they're based out of Texas and are animal-cruelty free.

Please ladies, do not buy. It's not the same formula as the "good" reviews you see online.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately, this formula is no good for my oily skin. When I use a more matte mineral foundation, my skin will get a little shiny after wearing it for 5-6 hours. However, it will generally look decent as long as I blot my face. This formula, in contrast, makes my skin super shiny by the time I usually blot, and it also seems to almost entirely fade off by then too! If it does this to my skin during the winter, then I definitely can't wear it during the summer. How sad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE 1/23/15: Somebody messaged me probably 6 months back and told me EDM removed the Lauroyl Lysiene from their formula. I was out of my Alima Pure (which I love) but thought I'd try the EDM again. It's half the cost and thought maybe it would work great like it used to. I've been using it for about a week and my skin is completely broken out after having perfectly clear skin for months. I'm throwing this in the trash. It the same ingredients as Alima Pure but half the cost, so my only conclusion is that they are not using high quality ingredients. I'll dish out $26 for my Alima Pure to have clear skin. Sorry, EDM. I missed you and your fancy website, but you make my skin look like crap.
*********************************************************************
I have used EDM since I believe 2008. So at least 5 years! Wow! It has been with me through my wedding, my honeymoon, came with me to the hospital when I gave birth. I was seriously in love with this makeup! It had became a part of my everyday life and worked better than anything else I have tried. I got all their brushes, their blushes, some of the eyeshadows. I've tried almost every shade (I finally settled on Linen in Semi-Matte after realized Fairly Light Neutral was too grey looking on me). I told everyone about it and ordered my mom and sister samples!

Well, very recently, I'd say over the past two months. I have started breaking out like crazy. I changed my skin care products, I've started taking supplements, started exercising more and drinking more water, I have removed gluten and dairy from my diet. I still kept getting really bad acne. I never thought it'd be my precious EDM. So, I googled it and found that some people were breaking out because of the lauroyl lysine. There's conflicting information. Yes, it's comedogenic. No, it's not. Well, I noticed it's derived from coconut oil and coconut oil on my skin breaks me out like CRAZY (I tried to use it as a moisturizer once to help treat my acne scars - no dice, works great on stretch marks though).

So, I went without makeup for a day despite the fact my skin looked terrible...red spots everywhere, some under the skin cysts, healing scabs (don't worry, it was my day off)! And what do ya know!? My skin was healing. No new pimples that day! Which seriously had become the norm. One would heal and a new one would crop up. Every. Day.

So I've been on the hunt for new makeup and what an ordeal that has been. First I tried Clinique Even Better LIQUID foundation. Yuck. After 5+ years of wearing mineral makeup, I can not stand liquid. Then, I tried Aveda Dual Foundation pressed mineral powder or whatever it's called....that aggravated my skin and made it worse! Plus, it looked terrible. It's sooooo matte. So, I went back to EDM while I investigated and my skin got even worse. I've scoured all the sites I could for makeup reviews and felt lost. So many conflicting reviews. Went a different route and tried Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer. Greasy as hell. I needed to cover up my blemishes somehow, so I went back to EDM and my skin broke out again.

I'm really sad to have to switch from this makeup. EDM WAS the best. I'm going to keep my eye out and hopefully *fingers crossed* they remove this ingredient so I can switch back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Only reason I will give it 3 lippies is because I have combination skin and acne-prone skin I don't need a semi-matte foundation I need a matte foundation. Something that will keep my skin shine free throughout my 8 hours of work. I had bought it just to try if I would like the matte or semi-matte better. Just not for me.