July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 1lilelf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, let me say, I am a gal who goes for unusual polish. Greens, blues, black shimmers. So, while I think red is pretty, it usually isn't for me. But this...THIS... OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!! This is not a glitter topcoat. So please don't buy this if that is what you are expecting. Qnd I wouldn't call it a jelly, either. Much too colour saturated for that.. This is a pigmented polish loaded with glitter. "Looks like you dipped you wet nails in the glitter pot" glitter. It is STUNNING. Perfect "all-skintones Red". Sophisticated and fun. I am nearly 40, and I don't feel like a tween when wearing it. I feel Vampy!! Lol. If you like glam, but hate having to apply 50 gajillion coats of jelly polish to get a full on, sequined effect- then this is a colour you must try. Be adventurous and give it a go. Once you hit the sunlight, and you see your twinkly, faery-nails, I doubt you will be disappointed.
As for the formula, it's not full on OPI, but it's not chip-in-a-second Revlon (yuck), either. Definitely use a base coat for easier removal (glitter, after all) and a top coats gives a smooth finish and makes it last much longer. Two coats of top coat is even better. Stays on my tootsies for about two weeks, which is saying something, as my toenails (not the polish, but my actual toenails) tend to peel, being very thin and fragile. HIH. ENJOY!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by dragonweengs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite red nail polish. I've always gotten compliments from men & women when I have it on. I always use a base & top coat with all polishes & this one stays on until I remove it, no chipping. The glitter if not chunky or too fine & just glistens in the light.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by barbara43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I saw this color my first impression was the Wizard of Oz and the sparkling red pumps. It especially looks good on the toes. I love to go out in the sun and admire the color/sparkle, really pretty and classic at the same time. The sparkle gives it the extra kick without being teenage tacky, age appropriate, flexible enough to go with different outfits. In my opinion, it is all the seasons color, you could wear this color for Christmas or summer, especially the 4th of July, very versatile. The red is a true red, some photos give it a more brown hue to it, but if your in the mood for a real red, give it a try. The sparkle is less noticeable indoors, really beautiful color.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by summergirl8830

Pro
China glaze is cheaper than other similar quality nail polishes
Excellent formula

Cons
Don't like the color/glitter combo. Too cheap looking

Overall, I wouldn't repurchase this since I really hate the color. It's surprising because I love red polishes. Out of the 32 red polishes I owe, this is the only one I honestly don't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kaitymbrown

Looks terrific with the China Glaze Top Coat. Without the top coat the color looks slightly dull and cheap. Without the top coat it reminds me of child safe nailpolish. Chips quite easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TartanNLace

This is a lovely sparkly ruby red. Its gel like and goes on super easy

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ElisaLisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the glitter. It clumps up at the bottle neck.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh, to me it's a little juvenile looking. The red is slightly pinky, and with the sort of plastic-y finish on it, it just made me feel silly when I wore it. More of a teenage color. If I'm going to go for a flashy, too young for my age look, I'm going to go all out and wear some real glitter nails. I just don't get why it's so popular.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by polishedkitty2014

This is a gorgeous red jelly that's surprisingly smooth considering how much glitter is compacted into this. It's so beautiful especially on my pale skin (it kinda makes me look like a vampire teehee) but this is one of my many favorites from china glaze. The only thing I have to say that's bad is that it's just a bit of a hassle and they're super sparkly-ness make me really distracted

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

MUA reviews don't lie. This is the most beautiful polish I own. Ruby Pumps is a red jelly with microglitter that somehow dries completely smooth. It's fully opaque after 2 coats, and adding a topcoat gives the color extra dimension that makes me gasp every time. It's my go to color for everything from punk rock shows to days at my conservative job in finance when I need an extra boost of power and confidence. I can't imagine a skintone on which this wouldn't look completely stunning. The only polish I hoard and the only polish I'll continue to buy again and again.