November 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here to give this polish abit more luurrve. There's many, many unoriginal red polishes in the market (I'm looking at you,OPI!) and yet once in a while a brand manages to push out an original, beautiful red polish. This is one of those times!

A light red jelly with red glitter suspended in it, very sparkly and fiery. I also think the name is spot on, it does look like Dorothy's ruby pumps from Wizard of Oz!

There are many pictures online trying to capture its beauty but no, this one you have to see IRL (in real life).

Formula-wise, typical china glaze. Self-leveling, takes some time to dry (you need a good top coat like Seche Vite or Porsche), thin brush compared to OPI/ Zoya.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

China Glaze Ruby Pumps is a lovely classic red jelly with loads of sparkle (and I mean VERY sparkly). It has lovely application but dries pretty slowly for my liking. I love how pigmented this nail polish is since I only use two coats for full opacity. I have only worn it once and it lasted very well on my nails with Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat which I always use with any nail polish. For me there's a one con in this product: I love red nail polish but I just can't see myself wearing this in any other occasion than Christmas but that's just me. Maybe I'll try to wear it more during this fall and winter and see if it'll work out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by BumbleBees77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This polish is stunning! My absolute favorite by far. It goes on smoothly, is sparkly and the perfect shade of red, and the wear time is wonderful. I will buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 1lilelf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, let me say, I am a gal who goes for unusual polish. Greens, blues, black shimmers. So, while I think red is pretty, it usually isn't for me. But this...THIS... OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!! This is not a glitter topcoat. So please don't buy this if that is what you are expecting. Qnd I wouldn't call it a jelly, either. Much too colour saturated for that.. This is a pigmented polish loaded with glitter. "Looks like you dipped you wet nails in the glitter pot" glitter. It is STUNNING. Perfect "all-skintones Red". Sophisticated and fun. I am nearly 40, and I don't feel like a tween when wearing it. I feel Vampy!! Lol. If you like glam, but hate having to apply 50 gajillion coats of jelly polish to get a full on, sequined effect- then this is a colour you must try. Be adventurous and give it a go. Once you hit the sunlight, and you see your twinkly, faery-nails, I doubt you will be disappointed.
As for the formula, it's not full on OPI, but it's not chip-in-a-second Revlon (yuck), either. Definitely use a base coat for easier removal (glitter, after all) and a top coats gives a smooth finish and makes it last much longer. Two coats of top coat is even better. Stays on my tootsies for about two weeks, which is saying something, as my toenails (not the polish, but my actual toenails) tend to peel, being very thin and fragile. HIH. ENJOY!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by dragonweengs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite red nail polish. I've always gotten compliments from men & women when I have it on. I always use a base & top coat with all polishes & this one stays on until I remove it, no chipping. The glitter if not chunky or too fine & just glistens in the light.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by barbara43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I saw this color my first impression was the Wizard of Oz and the sparkling red pumps. It especially looks good on the toes. I love to go out in the sun and admire the color/sparkle, really pretty and classic at the same time. The sparkle gives it the extra kick without being teenage tacky, age appropriate, flexible enough to go with different outfits. In my opinion, it is all the seasons color, you could wear this color for Christmas or summer, especially the 4th of July, very versatile. The red is a true red, some photos give it a more brown hue to it, but if your in the mood for a real red, give it a try. The sparkle is less noticeable indoors, really beautiful color.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by summergirl8830

Pro
China glaze is cheaper than other similar quality nail polishes
Excellent formula

Cons
Don't like the color/glitter combo. Too cheap looking

Overall, I wouldn't repurchase this since I really hate the color. It's surprising because I love red polishes. Out of the 32 red polishes I owe, this is the only one I honestly don't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kaitymbrown

Looks terrific with the China Glaze Top Coat. Without the top coat the color looks slightly dull and cheap. Without the top coat it reminds me of child safe nailpolish. Chips quite easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TartanNLace

This is a lovely sparkly ruby red. Its gel like and goes on super easy

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ElisaLisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the glitter. It clumps up at the bottle neck.