January 30, 2015 | 1719 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2015 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this one in 2 colours, the lightest version (nr 1)and the second version (nr 2°. The lightest one was too pink for me, and did nothing. It doesn't conceal, but made the more purple parts under my eyes look even worse. The second colour was too yellow for my skin, and it felt like I was just putting foundation under my eyes. This is okay for when you want to highlight parts of you face, but it doesn't conceal, and even accentuates the parts that you are trying to cover up. Overpriced and overhyped. You can get the same results with a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2015 8:12:00 PM More reviews by yearspaceship

After creeping MUA for about two years now, I am finally sitting down to write my first review. So I decided to pick this up after reading all the rave reviews. I'm sort of a highlighter junkie. I will try anything and everything. I basically hate concealer, foundation, anything in the family. So after reading everyone saying that it's not a concealer but a highlighter, I figured I would buy it. It absolutely IS A CONCEALER. I don't get what would make anyone think this is a highlighter. It was completely matte on my skin (though that doesn't say much - almost everything looks matte on my somewhat dry skin). But it is not a full coverage concealer, it is a sheer coverage.

And so I am rating this going off of it being a concealer and not a highlighter. It was nice for people like me who prefer sheer coverage. It didn't settle into the fine lines underneath my eyes and it didn't oxidize or anything. Staying power was okay. But I've tried the LOREAL lumi concealer pen or whatever it is and it works just as well - if not better. And is obviously a fraction of the price.

So I didn't end up keeping it only because I was not looking for a concealer, but a highlighter. Not worth the money in my opinion. Look elsewhere if you're looking for something to make you look dewy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 8:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Well everything was fine and dandy with this product till one evening after removing my makeup for the day I discovered contact dermatitis at the inner corner of my eyelid, brow bone and alongside my nose. And I knew this was the offender because it was the only new product introduced to my skin during a 72 hour period. And where I have issues is where I applied this stuff.

I had the shade 5.5 and on my NC45 skintone it worked fine as a subtle face brightener (mainly focusing on the eye area) and I loved the end result of it.....especially when paired with my Dior Star or Laura Mercier Flawless Finish Fluide foundations. I'm so disappointed that this wasn't a hit for me but I have to be mindful of the reading the ingredients before taking the plunge on any product as I found with this one it contains a few skin irritants (one of them being mineral oil).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My sister gave me a sample card of 3 Touche Eclat colors a while back. I thought "eh, another over-priced, gimicky product." Months later, I pulled open the little metal tab on sample #1 and experienced the magic . . .

In a sound-bite, Touche makes me look well-rested and younger. It glows, it does not sparkle. And the tiniest dab is all you need -- under the eyes or brow bone or where ever you want to add a luminous glow. Applying this stuff is my favorite part of my beauty routine: It adds dimension to my face without adding weight or sparkle or disco-balliness.

I am a cheapskate, and would never pay $41 for something that wasn't earth-shattering. Your mileage may vary, but Touche Eclat rocks my world. HG product.

** My 2 cents: If you are fair-to-medium, buy this in color #1 (Radiance). The other colors are darker and more muted, so you need to use more. #1 is light, but a tiny amount is all you need, and it is easy to blend on top of foundation or well-moisturized skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Finally tried this. I love it. Great formula. If you're expecting a Mac concealer stay away. If you want healthy highlighted skin then welcome. Beautifully highlights filled brows and the eye area for me without making me feel like I'm wearing a mask. If you have big eye bags then this won't work as you need a proper concealer.
Colours: I am a nc20. Number one was too pink. Number 2 was too light ( was told its more suited to fair Asian skin tones). Number 2.5 is perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by alexamakeup

I don't know if anyone realizes this but this pen is basically just a foundation in a stick that is overpriced? Not a fan of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those cult products that everyones talks about, but I don' really get the hype. It has a very light texture and it's easy to blend, but it didn't provide any sort of high lighting effect on my undereye area (let alone any coverage). It might be the shade, number 2, but I chose that one because the other shades were either too pink or too dark, this one seemed like a better match for my fair with slight yellow undertoned skin.
I wouldn't repurche even if it was a lot cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by anita2336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was disappointed in this product as it did nothing really for my undereyes or even as a highlighter. I tried to truly love this product as there was so much Hype around it.
I found it did not conceal my eye baggies as much as it claimed it should and there was just too much shimmer on my oily-prone skin.
For the amount of $$ it costs i found it to be a waste. If your looking for a great highlighting product try The Givenchy Mister Light pen- works 100% better and does wonders for lighting up the eye area- Give that one a try before your spend your money on the YSL one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice product, and expensive ($41 at the time of writing). As a luxury item, with it's pretty packaging and the enjoyment I have using it, I'd repurchase if a cruelty-free stash wasn't something I've become devoted to. But now I'm charged with the difficult task of finding a replacement: tall order, imo. Touch Eclat (radiant touch) just does a brilliant job at bringing light to my nw20-ish face. The formula isn't shimmery, it's not shiny, it's not a concealer, it really does just brighten with it's super light pink, sheerness. I love it most when I'm traveling, it's an instant brightener slash sleep-in-a-click-pen-miracle and one of the most indispensable products I carry with me. My favorite ares to use it are: inner corners of my eyes, that triangle from inner eyes-nose-outter corner of the eye, or the top of cheek bones, down the center of my nose, even in the nasolabial folds to help minimize them--I can't believe that actually works, even just a little bit, it takes years off.

A necessary product?---Ultimately, no, but that's a difficult decision because while not a *necessity*, it's all sorts of wonderful. If you're not worried about cruelty-free, you should definitely give it a shot. I'll update if I can ever find a cruelty-free dupe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by kidii

I normally wouldn't be upset about the price but this product made me really mad. Everyone was talking about it how it's wonderful so I decided to give it a try. First I used it as a concealer (a mua at sephora said it's a concealer), ofcourse it didn't worked that way. So I researched it and I decided to use that as a highlighter (because it was actually a highlighter) it made me even more mad. It didn't highlight my face and even very small amount product made my face "cakey". It was really awful. I don't understand how this product became popular this much!