August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with great hopes and have been disappointed. I went back to using my MAC highlighter pen which I absolutely love for half the price.

While the packaging is wonderful and makes you feel very "luxurious" while using it.

The product itself did not blend well for me and barely even shows up after a few minutes on my skin. This was just not the right product for my olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by teniellemckenzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great. Whilst it illuminates the skin amazingly it does not leave my face with a tacky glittery/shimmery finish. It blends perfectly with my pale skin leaving a natural glow rather than the white tinge that some illuminators can cause. I use it on all the usual spots – eyes, bridge of my nose, cupids bow and a little on the middle of the forehead. Will definitely buy again it has become a staple for me even on make-up free days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ah Touche Eclat, I love you so! Definitely one of the elusive HG's for me :)

I bought this purely because of the hype and as a treat to myself - little did I know that I would fall in love - I'm on my third one now!

I first used this as an under eye concealer, which worked quite well for me, although I did find that it was almost too thick for the delicate under eye skin. Now, as my makeup knowledge and application skill has developed, I use it as a highlighter with my contouring, and it is FANTASTIC. One thing I really appreciate is that this actually shows up on my super pale skin. I love it for traditional highlighting around my eye area, bridge of my nose, forehead and chin, but I also love it for sharpening around my eyebrows and lips. Just SO beautiful.

Packaging is gold and gorgeous, although the click pen is undeniably a bit annoying as you lose a little bit of product, and you can't tell how much you have left.

Highly pigmented, easily blended, just gorgeous. Is it expensive? Yeah a bit. Is it worth the money? Absolutely. Would I re-purchase? Until they stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This stuff is worth the hype, at least for me. I have freckles along with dark circles under my eyes. All those concealers just make my under eyes worse. This is so light and seems to make my dark circles look better. I've tried the ones that are dupes for this and they just don't work as well with the freckles. I love this and anyone with my same issues should try this. I will be buying this again. Oh and have used this everyday mostly under the eyes, a handful of times as a highlighter, and it lasted 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by RogueMystique

I used this product as a highlighter and it instantly brightens up my face. I applied by dotting and smoothing it out with my fingers under my eyes, the bridge of my nose, the center of my forehead, my cupids bow and around my lips and smile lines. I love how it feels smooth on my skin and it is easy to blend. It does not dry the skin under my eyes like the Loreal highlighters did.

It is not a concealer because it does not conceal any imperfections. I will not repurchase because it costs around $50 SGD for very little content given I use it frequently and it lasted me for less than two months. It is too pricey.

Now I am using a cheaper alternative with my favorite concealer on a lighter shade to give me the same brightening effect minus the smooth dewy look the YSL gave me.

It's worth your money if you are the kind that loves to splurge.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As mentioned by almost every review on here, this product is NOT a concealer -- it works with your concealer to conceal some things on your face, but is marketed and used primarily as a VERY subtle highlighter.

Here are some uses for it:

1) Use with under-eye concealer: I wish I could draw a diagram here, but i touch on some creamy under-eye concealer (I like Benefit's Erase Paste, or SkinFood's Salmon Cream), and then use the Touche Eclat to touch up the bottom of my eye bags (where a hint of darkness usually remains). It's fantastic for touching up slightly dark spots like that, but don't expect it to be covering up any moles (thought maybe it can swing a couple of light freckles).

2) Eye-brightener: I've used and tossed out many eye brighteners such as Benefit's Eye Bright/ Ooh La Lift, and nothing (I mean NOTHING) compares to the brightening effect of highlighters. Dab a little in the corner of your eye for those fresh no-makeup makeup days.

3) Above and below brows: I'll admit any other highlighter (I like Smashbox's Soft Lights, and Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector, and even some shimmery primers such as Guerlain Meterorites) can do this job as well, but above and below the brows will give you an instant brow lift.

4) Cheekbones and bridge of nose: When you don't want a very shimmery or 'obvious' highlighter, YSL Touche Eclat can give you a super subtle "lit from within" glow when used instead. As mentioned earlier, it's a perfect tool to have for those no-makeup looks.

5) Cupid's bow: My absolute favourite place to highlight. Although, any highlighter would also work as well here.

Products that go well with the Touche Eclat:

6) Liquid foundation + Primer: It's not the most blendable product over powder, so I recommend it over light coverage foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere), or if you're not going to wear foundation, just over a creamy primer (YSL Teint, or MakeUp Forever)

7) LIGHT powder: You don't want to overwhelm your subtle highlighter, so just a light dusting of power over the T-zone will do.

8) Guerlain Meteorites: They're just perfect everywhere. Anywhere. With any makeup look.

In all, get it if you have the cash, and if you're looking for a VERY subtle highlight. Also good if you usually go for makeup that isn't full, or like those 'non makeup' makeup days. If not, there are many other highlighters like Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector that are more obvious and more beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

Not impressed with this.... after all the hype i purchased one... what a waste of money... it doesn't work as a highlighter as you can't see it, didn't seem to reflect any light... and under my eyes it was way too thin with hardly any coverage... i need something a lot thicker... it might be ok if you have young, near perfect skin... but it did absolutely nothing for me. Ill stick with my lancome effacernes concealer... which is brilliant.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by strawberryandmint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this product, but it didnt help me this much. I would recomment buying cheaper versions like maybelline or catrice(germany, belgium or holland) it does its job quite good but the price is very high :( 30 euros

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Chelseawilliamstx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. For me I need a like bit of a heaver concealer for under my eyes and reach for the Clé De Peau concealer. But, I love this as a highlighter and it is a staple for my beauty bag. This is great for highlighting around your face. This blends very well and adds a gorgeous glow. I would recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a highlighter, not a concealer. I used to frequent using this cos actually I thought it did a pretty good job in covering my eye circles still..but remember, it's a highlighter, not a concealer, so therefore, it totally showed up and looked messed up in photos with flash cos you could totally see the brightened gunk underneath your eyes. :( Cos of this, I did not ever repurchase it again.