Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

on 4/6/2015 3:08:00 PM

This is my new go-to shampoo. It softens my hair, makes it shine, and helps out with frizziness.

Also, can we just take a moment of silence for the cost of this shampoo..............

Gah, it's so inexpensive, but gives me great hair. Oh, and the scent smells amazing. It does have a perfume-y type scent, but I enjoy it a great deal.

L.O.V.E.

on 8/22/2014 7:22:00 PM

Pros:
- SO affordable
- Gets my hair clean
- Non-offensive smell

Cons:
- Broke me out along the hairline!
- Didn't improve shine
- Let my ends especially dry
- Overall, was nothing special

Final Thoughts:

I really, really wanted to like this shampoo. At first, I thought it was a decent option because it cleaned my hair just fine and didn't seem to leave any residue. Then, I slowly started breaking out all along my hair line which is bizarre because I never break out on my forehead. It took awhile, but I finally connected it to this shampoo! Sure enough, as soon as I cut this product out of my routine, my acne cleared up.

However, even if it doesn't break you out, you can do better than this mediocre shampoo. While it cleaned my hair well enough, it didn't do anything for shine.

on 1/29/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Very affordable and does what it says. It does smooth hair out and it works pretty well on my dry hair. It's the one of those OTC hair shampoos that works well for the first couple weeks then turns hair into a mess like Pantene and Aussie. I will buy again:)

on 1/6/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite from Suave. This really is like Matrix. It has always kept my hair sleek and shiny. It's very soft and a great dupe for Matrix. It's only $2.88 for a giant bottle at Walmart.

this product is great!! it smells great and works to really get your hair clean with no flakes. even if you use a lot it won't make your hair greasy. Love it and have been using it for years!

I tried this shampoo while visiting my mom and absolutely loved it for the first week. It made my hair soft, extremely shiny and moisturized. I went out and bought the big bottles at BJ'S the price was great! I used it for another week or so. I started to notice that my hair was still shiny but really weighed down and had a lot of build up. Oh my god my hair is so thin and crispy and fragile and it looks like half of my hair just disappeared. I'm freaking out! I've been using other shampoos and conditioners to try to fix it but nothings working!!!! Steer clear from this!!

on 9/4/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this after reading the reviews. But it turned out to be a very mediocre shampoo and I ended up throwing it away because of the fake perfumey smell. It was cheap but that was the only good thing about it. I am going back to using Dove Oil Care or Garnier Triple Nutrition for Extra-Dry Hair, those are much better and more hydrating. (I have very long, thick slightly dry hair). Suave Sleek was just a boring and smelly shampoo. With all the choices out there I wouldn't even consider this one.

on 4/9/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I bought Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo/Conditioner combo at Sam's club. I am really impressed by the formulation. I have dry hair due to years of coloring and I must say my hair actually feels better and less frizzy after using this. Definitely will repurchase this :)

Great shampoo. It's very affordable, and it makes my hair so soft, shiny, and thoroughly cleansed.

on 12/28/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Great shampoo for the price! Definitely will repurchase. Goes well with the conditioner. My hair is softer and shinier.