July 28, 2014 | 1787 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those shampoos that work great at first, and you think you're in love-or have a crush anyway-then the tide turns swiftly. And you're like, it's not working. We need to break up. Yes, it smells nice. Yes, it lathers well. Yes, it's the most affordable thing in the world. But after that initial grace period (puppy love!), something happens and hair goes ICK. It builds up, leaving hair feeling unclean. Skin may be soft because of all the conditioning agents, however I felt like I needed to clarify my whole body after using this. It's annoying when a product flips but I've found even salon products are guilty of the same. So despite the promising start, I won't be reaching for this one unless it's a necessity for some reason, such as nuclear fallout and most shampoos have been obliterated. I saw a new Suave called Split End Repair, and the fragrance is like warm coconut, but after checking the ingredients I suspect it would flip too. The only shampoo that hasn't turned on me is Prell. I think that's because it contains no conditioning agents to accumulate on hair and skin. I wish more shampoos were truly basic, high-functioning and bubbly like Prell so I could use different things. Oh well. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

Very affordable and does what it says. It does smooth hair out and it works pretty well on my dry hair. It's the one of those OTC hair shampoos that works well for the first couple weeks then turns hair into a mess like Pantene and Aussie. I will buy again:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

My favorite from Suave. This really is like Matrix. It has always kept my hair sleek and shiny. It's very soft and a great dupe for Matrix. It's only $2.88 for a giant bottle at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover270

this product is great!! it smells great and works to really get your hair clean with no flakes. even if you use a lot it won't make your hair greasy. Love it and have been using it for years!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Whatsername4718

I tried this shampoo while visiting my mom and absolutely loved it for the first week. It made my hair soft, extremely shiny and moisturized. I went out and bought the big bottles at BJ'S the price was great! I used it for another week or so. I started to notice that my hair was still shiny but really weighed down and had a lot of build up. Oh my god my hair is so thin and crispy and fragile and it looks like half of my hair just disappeared. I'm freaking out! I've been using other shampoos and conditioners to try to fix it but nothings working!!!! Steer clear from this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MorganCymru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this after reading the reviews. But it turned out to be a very mediocre shampoo and I ended up throwing it away because of the fake perfumey smell. It was cheap but that was the only good thing about it. I am going back to using Dove Oil Care or Garnier Triple Nutrition for Extra-Dry Hair, those are much better and more hydrating. (I have very long, thick slightly dry hair). Suave Sleek was just a boring and smelly shampoo. With all the choices out there I wouldn't even consider this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo/Conditioner combo at Sam's club. I am really impressed by the formulation. I have dry hair due to years of coloring and I must say my hair actually feels better and less frizzy after using this. Definitely will repurchase this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great shampoo. It's very affordable, and it makes my hair so soft, shiny, and thoroughly cleansed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great shampoo for the price! Definitely will repurchase. Goes well with the conditioner. My hair is softer and shinier.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by carsandparties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner/frizz cream combo off and on for the past few years. It's dirt cheap, smells amazing, cleanses effectively, and makes my hair feel soft and smooth without weighing it down. I know it has sulfates and other bad stuff in it, but it works great for me, especially if I treat my hair with virgin organic coconut oil prior to shampooing. It lathers up really nicely and smells so good. I've never used the Matrix shampoo it's supposed to be a knockoff of, but this stuff works nicely for my long, normal hair. Definitely recommend if you want smooth, healthy-looking hair without paying an arm and a leg.