December 20, 2014 | 1490 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- SO affordable
- Gets my hair clean
- Non-offensive smell

Cons:
- Broke me out along the hairline!
- Didn't improve shine
- Let my ends especially dry
- Overall, was nothing special

Final Thoughts:

I really, really wanted to like this shampoo. At first, I thought it was a decent option because it cleaned my hair just fine and didn't seem to leave any residue. Then, I slowly started breaking out all along my hair line which is bizarre because I never break out on my forehead. It took awhile, but I finally connected it to this shampoo! Sure enough, as soon as I cut this product out of my routine, my acne cleared up.

However, even if it doesn't break you out, you can do better than this mediocre shampoo. While it cleaned my hair well enough, it didn't do anything for shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

Very affordable and does what it says. It does smooth hair out and it works pretty well on my dry hair. It's the one of those OTC hair shampoos that works well for the first couple weeks then turns hair into a mess like Pantene and Aussie. I will buy again:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

My favorite from Suave. This really is like Matrix. It has always kept my hair sleek and shiny. It's very soft and a great dupe for Matrix. It's only $2.88 for a giant bottle at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover270

this product is great!! it smells great and works to really get your hair clean with no flakes. even if you use a lot it won't make your hair greasy. Love it and have been using it for years!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Whatsername4718

I tried this shampoo while visiting my mom and absolutely loved it for the first week. It made my hair soft, extremely shiny and moisturized. I went out and bought the big bottles at BJ'S the price was great! I used it for another week or so. I started to notice that my hair was still shiny but really weighed down and had a lot of build up. Oh my god my hair is so thin and crispy and fragile and it looks like half of my hair just disappeared. I'm freaking out! I've been using other shampoos and conditioners to try to fix it but nothings working!!!! Steer clear from this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MorganCymru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this after reading the reviews. But it turned out to be a very mediocre shampoo and I ended up throwing it away because of the fake perfumey smell. It was cheap but that was the only good thing about it. I am going back to using Dove Oil Care or Garnier Triple Nutrition for Extra-Dry Hair, those are much better and more hydrating. (I have very long, thick slightly dry hair). Suave Sleek was just a boring and smelly shampoo. With all the choices out there I wouldn't even consider this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo/Conditioner combo at Sam's club. I am really impressed by the formulation. I have dry hair due to years of coloring and I must say my hair actually feels better and less frizzy after using this. Definitely will repurchase this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great shampoo. It's very affordable, and it makes my hair so soft, shiny, and thoroughly cleansed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great shampoo for the price! Definitely will repurchase. Goes well with the conditioner. My hair is softer and shinier.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by carsandparties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner/frizz cream combo off and on for the past few years. It's dirt cheap, smells amazing, cleanses effectively, and makes my hair feel soft and smooth without weighing it down. I know it has sulfates and other bad stuff in it, but it works great for me, especially if I treat my hair with virgin organic coconut oil prior to shampooing. It lathers up really nicely and smells so good. I've never used the Matrix shampoo it's supposed to be a knockoff of, but this stuff works nicely for my long, normal hair. Definitely recommend if you want smooth, healthy-looking hair without paying an arm and a leg.