Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

on 4/30/2015 6:31:00 PM

I've had my supply of Beautiful for a few years now. Initially I wouldn't touch it because there was a not that came off as "old lady" to me. My nose has since been extensively educates, & I can actually pick out individual fragrance notes much more easily with actually knowing what they are. The note that I don't care for is the amber. Matter of factly, I don't really care for commercial amber notes in general. I prefer amber notes in fragrances made by niche perfume houses such as Love Potion Perfume. Even though the formula for Beautiful comes off a bit dated, it's still lovely when the amber calms down. The scent has excellent sillage & you do get a good value for your money. 1 spray of of this is plenty & the bottle I won is 3.4 oz, which is why I said I wouldn't buy this again, I already have a lifetime supply!

on 10/3/2014 5:46:00 AM

Two stars. Meritorious, but I wouldn't wear it, not my type of fragrance.

I have two miniatures: a molded flat glass flask with a white rose plastic stopper ( bottle picture is similar to the photo on the Fragrantica site and ingredients are SD Alcohol 39C, Beautiful perfume, purified water); and, a later miniature rectangular flask. My recollection is Beautiful includes accords of rose, mandarin, LOTV, tuberose, jasmine, ylang, marigold, and many other florals, frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, vetiver.

For the imminently reasonable price and availability on line, it satisfies the rare occasion when I want a soft, well blended aldehydic floral wood that is not too green or animalic, like Amouage Gold (more lush, but exponentially more expensive), vintage Chant d'Aromes extrait (more warm soft green tone), or vintage Chanel 5 EdC (I find chanel 5 aldehydes are sharp and the animalic quality sometimes gets in the way when I want a mixed floral, but I am not a fan of Chanel 5 in general).

on 9/27/2014 8:13:00 PM

Twenty years ago, I would have told you "there was nothing as beautiful as Beautiful!"....Recently I decided to give it another try- and could almost not stand the smell. I can't wondered if my bottle had gone rancid.
Yet a student complimented that I smelled so good...
Then while at the mall, I smelled the sample- exactly the same as my old bottle...
So I think my nose is outta whack!
I would not buy this because to me it smells unpleasant now- but I think I will wear ole bottle now and then.

on 9/16/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic EL fragrance that has been around for years. Can be strong - so use with care. Great for a gift.

This reminds me of my mom. This has been her signature fragrance for over 20 years. I love you mama!!

on 7/25/2014 5:03:00 AM

The smell is so soft.. Floral and baby-like..Love it..

on 7/21/2014 12:44:00 AM

I love this, it's a nice floral scent on me. I've had the same bottle forever, it's strong enough that one or two sprays are enough to go all day. A lot of floral perfumes tend to smell god awful on me, so I tested this expecting the worst. It's heavenly, one of my top 5!

on 6/30/2014 4:43:00 AM

Today I put on Beautiful which I think is a low key fragrance, meaning its not loud when it comes to how it makes a person feel. Its not distracting, but gentle and feminine.
If I want to have a good day without offending anyone or causing any distraction to me or anyone and just want to smell beautiful then this is a suitable fragrance choice for any occasion.
I have a tester bottle of this amazing fragrance but I don't think I will be buying it any time soon as I already own other gentle and suitable fragrances like Chanel No 5 and another one called Pretty by Elizabeth Arden, but Beautiful does smell more pretty than Pretty by EA.
Beautiful is good quality. You can't go wrong with Estee Lauder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This smells very old lady like.. Like roses and baby powder. Ugh sooo bad

on 11/23/2013 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I first used it around 12, 13 years ago and have been in love with it since then. It has a warm rich and romantic fragrance which lasts all day long. Even though it's more for the evening wear, I find it perfect for use at any time of the day. Gives the image of an elegant and sophisticated lady who must be taken seriously. It does give the feeling of being BEAUTIFUL to the wearer :D
Has top notes of rose, tuberose, jasmine and lily. You just open the bottle and you'll feel as if you've been handed a big bouquet. My fiance also loves it on me and I always stock up 1-2 bottles of it in my cabinet.
Overall, a must have for floral fragrance lovers!

Popular Fragrances