December 20, 2014 | 1554 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have to agree with others here when they say that this just didn't deliver what they expected it to. There's no denying this is moisturising when used as a shower gel (although I can't comment on its abilities as a shampoo or bubble bath as I've never used it as either), but it's the scent that was a real let down for me and the sole reason I wouldn't repurchase. It doesn't really smell how I imagined vanilla birthday cake would - in fact it was very bland and synthetic smelling. Thankfully in my case - although I know others would probably find this a negative point - it doesn't linger once you've used it. The synthetic scent of this means I wouldn't want to continue to smell of it throughout the day. Overall I'm glad I tried it, but I can certainly think of other things to spend 14.00GBP on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product because I am a huge fan of vanilla scented things. Unfortunately this was a miss for me, there was nothing I liked about this product. The scent was off and smelled like cheap, children lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Thank goodness I got this for free - and now I know why. I was excited to try it as I usually like warm, vanilla scents and thought this might smell good - but I was wrong. It smelled to me like burning plastic and expired sour cake. It's way overpriced and barely lathers. Thick and goopy and hard to squeeze out of the bottle. I tried to use it up but finally just decided I'd had enough and tossed it into the bin.

I'd rather use any other body wash or soap - Dove, Okay etc which leave my skin way softer and don't smell bad either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by vanessaaaaax

I dont understand what other people are saying and giving this product such bad reviews! I think that this is an absolutely lovely product! It lathered up HEAPS when i used it, so there are no complaints there, I loved the fact that it lathered up so much! It really softened my skin, when I got out of the shower it was like heaven when I felt my skin. As for the scent I think that the vanilla scent is very prevalent and strong in a nice way! others are saying it smells like nothing, but i have to disagree there, i believe that it smells really nice and sweet, just like vanilla! Packaging is pretty good i think its sturdy and pumps out really nicely. In australia the price is kind of expensive, its about $30 which is kinda steep for just a body wash, but it is a really nice body wash if i must say. I would definitely repurchase this product, maybe even in different scents, I think that this is a great product and everyone should definitely try it! If anything the only negative I have is that once you wash it off the scent doesnt stick to your body as much, but hey your washing it off so what do you expect!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to like this............but it's just OK. I usually am a fan fo Philosphy. Purchased when watching QVC (must learn to resist those ladies!) and got a 3 bottle set. The fragrance is just so-so and doesn't last at all. I see no benefit to my skin and find myself in a hurry to use it up. Save your money. I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A bad product that I got from Sephora for free for my birthday last year. It doesn't smell good and doesn't lather well. I hate it. It must be a mistake.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this for free from sephora like everyone - mediocre at best. Doesn't lather well, the scent is kind of tacky and does not stay on skin, and this def would not be good for the face, I can just tell it would make me break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a lot of previous reviewers have said it doesn't really smell of anything!, it's hard to find all the scents that are available over here in England so I couldnt wait to try this. It does foam up nicely but the bubbles smell of nothing and there's no lingering vanilla scent whilst you bathe. Must admit my skin feels very soft afterwards.i do own coconut frosting and that is totally the opposite of this smells gorgeous and lingers will buy that one again. For high end bath and shower products I'd highly highly recommend l'occitane.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by armygirl

I rated this product a 3/5 because it is "just okay". The scent is a bit plastic-y, and doesn't really remind me of a Vanilla Birthday Cake, but more of a cheap vanilla-scented wash. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it, as Philosophy is quite expensive. There are several better Philosophy scents out there than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received this as my birthday present from Sephora last year. I too am glad it was just a gift - it smells great in the shower but quicky disappears once you leave your shower experience. I think I'll stick to my Dove soap.