Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

Not being a fan of a layered makeup feel on my face, I was reluctant to try this product until it arrived in my mail via Allure Beauty Box. Gave it a whirl and loved the way it felt and it kept my makeup in place all day. Hence I am a fan. BONUS: you can buy it at Costco for the best deal!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have repurchased this primer several times in the past, however have not repurchased in a while because I have been experimenting with different primers for just over a year now. This product is $53.00 at Mecca Maxima (Australia).

This is my absolute favourite primer of all time. I have very oily skin and somewhat severe acne, and this primer helps out with keeping my foundation from appearing "shiny" within a few hours after application. I recommend this to everyone who has oily skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future!

This is an okay primer. It's exactly like the Maybelline baby skin and the Tarte poreless primer. I don't really like these thick silicone primers. Doesn't do much cus it ends up creasing and also makes me look greasy at the end of the day.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First I bought the Smashbox Photo Finish Travel Size bottle when I was in line to checkout at Sephora because I had heard great things about it. Once I tried it, I loved it and have since repurchased the full size one. It really does make your make up last longer and gives you a smoother canvas to apply your makeup on so that it looks more flawless and skin-like. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a little pricey. I tried a Maybelline primer that I bought at the drug store after I finished my Smashbox Photo Finish Travel Size bottle hoping that it would give me the same effect, but it definitely did not. There's nothing like a Smashbox primer, so I would definitely invest the extra money on it because it's so worth it.

its pretty good at creating a smooth base. not sure about making my makeup last longer though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this primer, it was the only primer I liked actually, but after a while I just stopped using it and after going a while without a primer I started to miss the way your foundation goes on with a primer underneath so I tried a ton of others and didn't like any of them so when my mom bought this for me at the airport I was super happy, but when I tried it again I was sooo disappointed! I can't believe I used to like this primer! It's so silicone-ish and it makes my skin look all oily and gross. My makeup actually last longer when I'm NOT using the primer! Certainly not re-purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My mom gave this to me because she got it for free, like a free sample. I don't use primer. It looked pretty the first day, so I continued to use it. By day 3 I have broken out. It's going in the trash

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow, I just found my holy grail primer.

Before I get too into this review, let me specify that the product I got is called the "Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer." Not sure if it's the same one from this listing, but that's what it says on the tube.

I grabbed this in a Sephora black friday special, and I. Am. In. Love. I will never buy another brand of primer ever. I have combination skin - oily t-zone and dry mouth area - and some large pores on an around my nose. Well, this primer fills in the pores and works well with both the dry and oily zones on my face. I end up with a very lovely skin texture and less noticeable foundation (especially in my dry spots - my foundation always clings to them!). Hell, even my husband could see the difference once I tried this primer.

Also, combining this with their Primer Water made my makeup stop turning orange! Huzzah!

I just can't rave enough about this product. I hate that it's so expensive, but considering that even my cheap little sample size is going to last a while, I suppose I'm okay shelling out the money for a full size that will probably last me a year.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a decent primer but there are far better ones out there for the price. In fact, my six dollar Rimmel Stay Matte primer does a better job than this guy. Not worth the hype. If you have normal to dry skin maybe, but isn't primer like this for us greaseballs? It's very silicone-ish which I feel makes me greasy. If you're looking for a cost effective primer for oily skin, then NYX Shine Killer is a really good option. I do use this on my eyelids sometimes and that can work, but overall it's just meh. I also like Benefits The Porefessional better for blurring.

If you must have Smashbox, then do the Pore Perfection Primer or whatever it's called - I liked that one better than this

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried this multiple times because I had a couple samples. It doesn't nothing to make my foundation look any better or last longer. Each time I break out with cystic acne along my cheeks and chin. This primer is a no go for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors