Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 8/27/2015 5:27:00 PM

Greasy and makeup seemed to slide right off my face or get stuck in the pores. I used the oil free version. Did absolutely nothing but dent my wallet. Never again, only glad I got the trial size.

on 8/21/2015 11:01:00 PM

I used this primer for about 10 months and recently switched to Hourglass' No28 Primer Serum. What a difference! I have now realized just how greasy the Smashbox primer made me. I have normal/combination skin.

Smashbox helped with the longevity of my makeup but I think it made me perhaps too greasy. If you have dry skin this may work for you, or maybe another primer from their line.

For me, I'm glad I switched to Hourglass finally.

on 8/5/2015 10:29:00 PM

Am I the only one who's going to complain about the smell? It's not foul or very potent but it's fairly chemicalish in nature and I hate it.

Ok, so I was never the biggest makeup person and took a long time to figure out how nnot to look cakey or streaky or like a teenage girl experimenting with makeup. When I discovered primers (in general) I had an epiphany, a real OMFG moment. But enough about primers in general (highly recommended) THIS primer is amazing. It's a bit thicker than I anticipated but once you smear it on it's silky smooth and super lightweight. After a minute you can't even feel it. I was very iffy about the price when I first got it because I live in a country where 1oz of this stuff is $70 but it's totally worth it.

I have super sensitive skin and I had zero reactions to this stuff. A lot of primers claim they're dermatologically tested with hypoallogenic crap. NO. THIS PRIMER IS THE ONE THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK INTO HIVES OR START ITCHING.

You only need half a chicken nugget dallop to prep your entire face (um, well depends on how big the nuggets are in your country) but it does it's job at keeping your makeup on. After a few hours (around the 4-5 hour mark) a little shininess may come through so it's oil-absorbing/controlling properties are a big exaggerated but overall a great product!

on 8/2/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this back in May after thinking I needed a primer for my Chanel foundation. I have oily skin and live in a humid area. I have always loved how my skin looks with the Chanel foundation I use, even if I am having hormonal breakouts I still have this glow. Not with this crap. I do usually get a few pimples around TOM and i do have large pores in my tzone with oily skin. But within a week of using this I began noticing all the pores on my face looked clogged and dirty. I wash my face well every morning and remove all makeup and wash every night, plus use a mask a couple of times a week. I also started getting cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, and even on my forehead, not to mention all the other zits that I would see by the end of every day. I don't wear makeup every day either and don't wear tons when I do. I have had even more blackheads with this stuff. This is the only new product I have started using so I know it's this. It feels like an icky film, no matter how small amt you use. And honestly it made my makeup look horrible, pasty cake and it lost that chanel glow. At least when I don't wear this my foundation blends into my skin and looks like my skin. I'm done with this stuff. Glad I only bought the travel size.

on 7/27/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price I was really hoping this would do the job of keeping my makeup in place, but nope. It stays on for maybe an hour and then my oil melts away anything on my face. Sigh. Oily skin probs.

Only redeeming quality is a little goes a long way.

on 7/26/2015 5:59:00 PM

Didn't work out for me at all...and I tried it with at least 4 different foundations. It made everything on my face slip and slide. It does feel nice and smooth on the skin and that's about it..at least for me.
Prime Time by Bareminerals is a similar consistency but work much better.

on 7/18/2015 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product. I got the one for open pores and it really works. I have really large pores and very noticeable, but when I put this all over my face it really blurs out the pores and the make up sits very well on it.

on 7/17/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

ANother primer that works ok, but breaks me out!!!

on 7/15/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I currently have a love/hate relationship with this specific primer. My skin is oily. Wen I say oily I'm talking five minutes after my makeup is done and its humid out, my face looks so dewy and slick. Now under certain foundations (Revlon photo ready and Revlon 24 hour) this primer is fantastic. It fills in my acne scars, hides most of my pores and controls my oil. Now when I wear this with my Kat von D lock it tattoo foundation it looks HORRIBLE. The foundation looks muddy the bronzer looks muddy and my oily face looks horrible. It doesn't cover any scars or pores , If anything it will accentuate them. I don't know if these only work with certain foundations bur for the price I wont buy it again.

on 7/13/2015 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This has got to be one of the worst beauty products I have ever tried. It even managed to turn me off of primers for awhile since this was the first one I had ever tried and it just was awful. I figured all primers were like that. It broke me out, made me MORE oily (like how does that even happen?), and just made my foundation look like crap. It was expensive and not worth the price at all. I tried this after a couple years to see whether I still hated the product and I did. It was awful, and gave me a few little bumps after just one use. Will not be touching this stuff again. Something that could use this is the trash can with how crappy it was. I would give this a 0/5 rating if I could that was how bad it made my skin and my foundation look. I will be giving the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer as it is MUCH cheaper and I have heard fantastic reviews about it. Hopefully it turns out better than this one as this was quite a disappointment. Would not recommend this product in any way, shape, or form.

Popular Primer/ Correctors