Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 5/29/2015 9:27:00 AM

I just had to write a review about this foundation. Firstly I am a huge make-up junkie, so when a new product is launched I review it on many sites before deciding to purchase. I am 45 and even though my skin is in great condition, I have recently been struggling to find a foundation that's both sheer and gives a nice coverage without looking too cakey as many do. I purchased this today, matched perfectly by a Dior consultant in Boots, as shade 200. I couldn't wait to get home and try it for myself. I applied by lightly spraying a fluffy buffing brush and lightly buffed it on my skin, and wow, my skin has been transformed, it looks dewy, fresh and gives the perfect coverage. If you are around the same age as me with the same concerns, give this a go, you wont be disappointed. If you have a lot of rosacea then you would need a good concealer to apply after. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE this !

on 5/19/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just bought a bottle of this stuff on the 17th on May so it remains to see if this can lasts the 5 months that the SA told me it should if used appropriately. She showed me how to spray a quick burst about 7-8 inches away from a foundation brush and then tap and buff the product into the skin for a flawless finish. I am a MAC NC20 and the SA immediately grabbed the 200 "light beige" formula. There are 10 colours to choose from now, and the tone she chose for me blends pretty seamlessly against my fair, neutral skin. She also used a tad of the matte touch finishing spray (also applied with a foundation brush) which gave me a bit of a glow but nothing obvious like a bronzer - it just adds a very mild, luminous finish.

I like a very light, natural coverage personally and this definitely delivers, but I could see how by layering on a few more spritzes Dior's AF could be built up for more problematic areas. I am in my mid thirties and over the last two days I noticed this product helps keep my skin looking soft and radiant. The price point is a PITA but if it lasts for the 5 months like I was told it should, it just might turn out to be an awesome investment!

on 5/18/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I finally caved and purchased this and ADORE it.

A makeup artist at Sephora had applied this as it is one of the best colour matches she could find (201 Linen). It's expensive but I finally bit the bullet and do not regret it one bit.

Here's what I love:

- matches my skin perfectly! (my skin is super hard to match - pale and thin with yellow undertones yet also pinkish areas)
- super easy to apply and blend -- I have experimented both with applying it directly to face and buffing, and with spraying onto a wet sponge to apply and then buff in with a brush. Both provide a great finish.
- DOES NOT SINK INTO PORES or accentuate dry areas (I have dry skin and foundation tends to pool in my pores or get absorbed unevenly
- provides a seamless, very elegant finish
- does not dry my skin out

Here's what I don't love:

- price!

What remains to be seen:

- how long it lasts. I've never used a "spray" foundation before so I will see how long this lasts and may have to revise my "buy again" rating accordingly.

All in all, it's a very elegant formula that looks super natural and provides me with a medium coverage, perfect colour match and flawless finish. Hooray!

**In case it assists others, until now my favourite foundation has been Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which I only use for events because of its inclusion of drying alcohol. However, for me the colour and finish of the Chanel is the best I've found - until now.

on 5/11/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this and have used it 3 times and every time people tell me I look great each time I wear it, not my makeup looks great. I love how light this is and the medium color 300 is spot on color match for my NC 25 skintone. I have normal dry skin and this just looks like my skin. I apply to a sponge and stipple on until I like the coverage. I am so glad I finally took note of the many positive reviews and bought this.

This is so much better and a much better color match for me than the Sephora airmist foundation. It provides better coverage with less foundation. I wanted to love the Sephora one because of the price but the Dior one won.

on 5/5/2015 3:32:00 PM

What an amazing foundation! First hated it because i just sprayed it directly on my face (left my skin looking cakey). But when I spray it lightly to a buffing brush and then work it onto my skin, it is heaven!

on 3/22/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is definitely my HG foundation. I've been wanting to buy it for such a long time but didn't want to spend the money on it but it is so worth it! It goes on seamlessly, it covers my pores, and acne spots - coverage is great. My skin is really patchy in the winter b/c of the cold so I noticed if I put to much it can cling onto the dry spots a little but it's not that noticeable since the consistency is so light, shouldn't be a problem in the the summer. I also have acne prone, sensitive skin and this stuff doesn't break me out! Definitely a keeper.

I discovered this when I was around 14 (I started my door obsession young!) and six years later this is still my absolute favourite. I haven't used it every day for those 6 years but have always loved it, I've tried sooo many expensive foundations (including Clinique, Estée Lauder, YSL, Mac, Bare Minerals, Givenchy etc) and this will always be a favourite. It's great coverage which is surprising for a spray but it's so buildable. The reason I don't use it every day is because it has a radiant finish and for days at work I like a matte finish. This also smells incredible, it's foundationy but fresh I think. I discovered it at an airport and used it for the entire holiday so it does remind me of being on holiday - which I guess is why I love the smell so much. A definite must buy!

on 3/16/2015 7:38:00 PM

OMG this stuff you guys!!

I wanted to try this for years, but never got around it because it is very pricey. One night I got weak and ordered it online. I got shade 100 and it matches my nw15 (leaning more towards neutral) skin.
I spray it directly onto my face and if I feel like it I kinda buff it out a little with my sephora #56 brush. It doesn't really make that much of a difference but I just like doing that just in case. It gives a natural matte FLAWLESS finish that last all day on my combo skin. This is what I always wanted in a foundation, something that I can just apply and forget about. It also feels incredibly light, like no other foundation. The coverage is a good medium I would say.

on 2/19/2015 12:30:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I'm not a huge fan of the application, and its been over a week of use and I still haven't found the "perfect" way to apply. I tried the (very messy) instructions. I find for the coverage I like, medium, (so far this works) I apply a spray to the back of my hand and use a flat brush to blend onto my face. It seems to last me all day no setting powder needed. If you're a fan of full coverage by all means spray directly onto your face but that is waaay too heavy for me.
I'm using Linen 201, a newer shade and it seems to work fine, only ever so slightly darker than my neck.
At the price point ($62, I believe - at Sephora) , I wont be using this every day but it is beautiful for special occasions and for photos.

I haven't tested this in extreme conditions, yet so I will be updating once summer rolls around.

on 2/18/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best foundation I've ever used! Tried pretty much every foundation out there. It feels weightless and airbrushed I spray it on my wet beauty blender and it looks soft focused. It ranges between light to full coverage depending how you layer it but even layered it still feels like water. I've tried a suggested dupe the EU de teint by loreal which was no where near similar to the Dior airflash. Itlasts in the ssummer on my oily skin and makes my pores invisible. Also when i have very dry patches its the only stuff that doesnt cling to it. I just can't explain how beautiful it is. Nothing compares!

Video Reviews & Tutorials