LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 8/28/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This cleanser is geared towards people with sensitive skin. It has very mild exfoliation and that's why I've docked a star because I really wish it did more in that department.

It doesn't strip your face of all its oils and actually moisturizes your face a bit. It also smells like heaven!!!

I'll probably repurchase/use my 5-pots to get this as I think its a nice cleanser for in the morning.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

great product!

on 8/10/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been fighting acne for as far as I can remember , having oily skin every since young , i would have occasional eruption of acne especially fore head areas. Naturally,in order to fight acne i would purchase plenty of acne lotion which leads to my skin being very dry. Then i came upon lush as i was strolling in a mall one day and was greatly intrigued by the products and upon the recommendation of the saleslady, I decided to try angel on bare skin.

The first time i tried out , it greatly soften my skin and my acne seems to swell down . Subsequently, my acne slowly cleared out and leaving my skin looking much more healthier.My mom who suffered from eczema notice the significant change in my skin tone and decided to give it a try, which turned out great. Now my whole family excluding my father is swearing by this as our ultimate cleanser and have already purchased over 5 tubs of angel on bare skin

on 7/22/2015 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

On my 3rd large tub of this. I love it as a body wash and facial cleanser. I am not usually a person who stick's w/one product as I like to use many different products,(skincare junkie), but this and LUSH's Full of Grace are staples. Just can't go wrong. My kid's use this and got my dad,(hard to get a 70yro. to start new cleansing rituals), and he loves it too.

The smell is fantastic! I am addicted to the smell. I even will just rub some on my hand's to smell when I stressed or just because.

It is messy, you need to work a bit more than reg. type cleanser but it's well worth it IMO. Face cleanse requires a pea size amount drop in a couple drops of water or rosewater and just rub and slather on the face as you rub it turns into what I call "Angels Milk" that coats the skin and feel's heavenly,(hence the name I suppose:). My skin feel's so soft and lipidy,(is that a word?). I use a makeup remover first cleanse and this as second for makeup days. So, good highly recommend. This can be expensive if your doubling using it body washing too but if just the face it will last age's. Do wash over the sink when you rub or shower because it does make a bit of a mess as you rub together the roll w/ bit's of lavender in it. I have even used this as a mask w/o water just to let the oil's moisturize my skin then rinse ;) Leave's a nice natural rosy glow like the blood has been brought to the surface of the skin glow...lovely and very gentile. Hope this helps? :)

on 7/21/2015 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this facial cleanser. It is a natural, vegan cleanser which has mild exfoliating properties. It is definitely not strong enough to provide exfoliation on its own, so you will need to use a scrub for that! It is a nice cleanser for the skin and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, nor make it look red and while it doesn't clear the pores, it definitely doesn't clog them. This is a nice everyday morning cleanser for when you're face isn't feeling too dirty and just needs to be lightly freshened up. This is my favourite LUSH cleanser, I am onto my second jar and will continue to repurchase.

on 7/18/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have combination skin, leaning towards oily, though I'm much more likely to get a few blemishes than full on pimples. It's pretty hard for me to have 100% clear skin, though I don't have major problems. This product seem like it was working well at first, my skin felt moisturized, my blemishes faded, and my skin color was more even toned. But as I kept using it, my skin seemed to return to normal, fluctuating between being mostly clear with a few blemishes, or actually developing a few more small pimples than I'd normally get. This product also began to take on a weird scent after a while, when a little bit of water leaked into the container while I was washing my face. I think it began to irritate my skin, because I got small red zits that I hadn't experienced since mid-high school. Google shows that one of the ingredients in this product, lavender oil, commonly irritates skin and does the opposite of preventing breakouts. I got better results from cleansers such as Burt's Bees. Burt's Bees cleansers didn't totally clear up my skin, but they brought it mostly close to perfection (I stopped using them because they didn't do much for oil control and I wanted to get rid of the few blemishes I still had and reduce the appearance of pores).

Angels is not a bad product. It does not cause any enormous problems. But it doesn't live up to the hype. It's fun to use, it feels effective at first, but ultimately it becomes fairly irritating. Natural doesn't always mean good for you, and lavender is one natural ingredient that should be kept away from skin. I'll be trying dark angels next, it doesn't contain any especially harmful products and includes sandalwood, which has been good for my skin when added to face masks.

on 7/5/2015 10:29:00 PM

I didn't find this cleanser spectacular, but to be clear I don't expect anything to be spectacular. It cleansed my face fine. I didn't break out, although my skin rarely does.

Pros:
Smells great (although I love the smell of lavendar)
cleans skin

Cons:
difficult to apply
skin doesn't feel particularily clean after use
expensive

I will repurchase this item because I love the smell, and I imagine any cleansing agent will clean my skin. I'm fortunate that I do not have any issues with pimples, dryness, or any issue really. For someone who has non-temperamental skin, and who likes lavendar this is worth a try.

on 7/3/2015 2:31:00 PM

I got this product on sale and I was very excited to see the results because the claims are appealing, specially the fact that it promises to even the skin tone. I did notice a difference, used the full pot and I would repurchase (and will) when it's on sale again. It is not very great at removing makeup, I used it after that or in the morning. I am very pale and my skin tends to get red on the cheeks, angels on bare skin repaired it.

Pros:
Smells nice
Works great
Does what it claims
Lasts a long time

Cons:
You need a cleanser to remove makeup before you use it
The tiny seeds can get annoying, but it's bearable

on 7/3/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff really screwed up my skin. I used it I think at the most 3 times. My partner at the time was around when I was complaining about my face burning. She gave me the craziest look amd told me to look in the mirror.
Ugh.
My skin wasn't red or patchy. But it had the texture of an orange peel. Very, very bumpy. I was really upset and honestly freaked out about it; I've never had a severe reaction to face products before, and Lush was usually good to my skin.
I returned the product, and the manager felt so bad that she actually gifted me a Full of Grace bar and and Ayesha mask to settle the odd bumps. It soothed it, but took a couple of weeks. Won't touch this or Dark Angels again.

on 7/3/2015 12:54:00 AM

This product was the epitome of 'ehh', It was okay at most. It had a lovely faint scent of lavender. The almond skin chunks were too few and far in between to be a good exfoliant. It didn't really give me a clean feeling and didnt do much for acne. However it did smell nice and had an interesting texture. It was not overly drying either like some cleaners can be.

Would most likely only purchase again if I was in a rush and desperate for any cleanser.