NARS Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

4.4

on 2/27/2015 2:58:00 AM

I bought this having already known that I liked the Nars Orgasm blush. I was looking for a way to declutter my makeup bag and figured there was no better way than to find something that was a 2-in-1. The blush lasts all day for me but it tends to lose the pink color, and become noticeably more glittery throughout the day. This can look tacky sometimes but usually a blotting sheet will fix that in an instant. The bronzer on the other hand is too light for my skin tone. I would ideally have liked it to be a shade darker, but if I apply more of it, it works really well as a bronzer.

on 2/23/2015 10:18:00 PM

I really love this duo, it is the first nars product i have ever purchaced and i think it is great that i could get two of their most loved products together for a cheaper price! I was worried that i wouldn't like the blush at all as i usually opt for a matte blush but it leaves a lovely glow on my cheeks rather then big chunks of glitter, the bronzer is also the perfect color for my pailer complexion it is light enough that i can wear it during the day but i can still build it up for night time wear

on 2/14/2015 4:13:00 PM

Just for the record, I didn't purchase this, but a friend gave it to me. I like both Orgasm and Laguna, the colors are beautiful and the shimmer isn't too obnoxious in either. However, I'm not sure if mine is defective or if this is just how it's supposed to be, but both powders are extremely sheer and difficult to pick up; so difficult, in fact, that I can't even really swatch it because I can barely get any pigmentation on my finger. Again, mine could be defective, but if that's really how it is, then I'm very disappointed in such a cult product. I supposr I don't mind the sheerness, but it's irritating having to spend a good chunk of time trying to build it up so it actually makes a noticeable difference in my makeup. Not a bad product, but for what I know it's worth, I expect more. I'm still giving it a four, though, because the packaging is very sturdy and the colors, however difficult, are very beautiful.

on 1/26/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Both NARS Laguna and Orgasm have had rave reviews and I needed to try both of these cult-classics, and when I saw that they came in a duo I decided to buy it.

I loooove Laguna. It is an absolutely beautiful shade. When you first look at it in the pan, you are probably going to think its a bit dark but believe me, it isn't. It blends beautifully and doesn't look muddy or dirty. It probably looks best on fair/medium skin tones, if you have a darker complexion it may not show up well.

Orgasm, however, I was a little bit disappointed. It's a beautiful coral shade, but it is fairly glittery and sheer. I was expecting a little bit more but none the less, it is still a nice blush. I do find myself reaching for it occasionally but I do like my other blushes a bit better.

I do think it's a nice duo and I would most likely buy it again.

on 1/8/2015 10:21:00 PM

While I did think this duo was very pretty (I have medium skin with yellow undertones) the glitter in the blush was a bit too much for me, and worst of all, I had an allergic reaction. I wore this for two days in a row. On the first day, a red hive-like bump appeared on my right cheek. The next day, the same thing happened on the left cheek and both cheeks were inflamed. I'm pretty sure it was the blush side of the duo that caused this.

Another reviewer (under the blush-only review) mentioned that this blush contains bismuth oxychloride, which some people are allergic to. It also contains parabens. I ended up replacing this with a Bare Minerals blush in Aphrodisiac that is beautiful, doesn't contain those chemicals and doesn't bother my skin. For such an expensive line, I'm surprised to see those kinds of ingredients in NARS products.

on 1/8/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have the larger size of this duo. The travel size is great, but it wasn't available at the time I bought mine. It's difficult for me to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look like I have dirt on my face, or like an oompa loompa, because I'm super pale--N/NW10-15. Surprisingly, laguna works on my skin, even though it looks dark in the pan. And even though I normally steer clear of pink blushes because I have a lot of pink in my skin, orgasm is very flattering. It looks like a warm peachy glow.

on 12/28/2014 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

As a blush/bronzer hoarder, this is one item that I have used enough to hit pan - and that is saying a lot for me! I debated for months weather or not to buy the 'real' Orgasm, so I opted for the mini Laguna/Orgasm duo (around $25-ish at my local Sephora) and the rest is history. I love shimmery cheeks - Orgasm is so finely milled and sheer, which creates the perfect flush on my NC25 skin. Laguna is the perfect bronze - not ashy enough to contour, but not overly red or orange. It gives my skin the perfect sunkissed look. I've hit pan on Laguna becuase I also use this on my neck and chest with a kabuki brush. I always thought this duo was overrated before I tried it. It's so small and convenient to use and carry with. I've used Orgasm everyday for the past 3 months and haven't even hit pan. Will definitely repurchase. Also - I have used the ELF blush/bronzer duo and it is NOT a dupe. Semi-similar but not even close..the bronzer is almost too dark and has more red undertones, while the blush is more peachy (less pink) and has glittery chunks as opposed to Orgasm's shimmer.

on 11/26/2014 3:29:00 AM

This has been my go-to blush/bronzer duo for a few years now. Laguna blends well and is great for a light contour during the day and layers well for a heavier look on nights out. Orgasm comes on a bit heavy but I find with a bit of blending it gives me just the right pop of color for the rosy look I like. I like that it is a duo because it's easy to toss in my handbag for quick touch ups without having to tote my entire makeup bag around. Even when I like to mix things up, I will always keep this product around and continue to repurchase.

on 10/1/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I am so glad they put these together in a convenient little compact with mirror. The mix of laguna and orgasm makes me look tanned and glowing. I am really happy with palette and I will repurchase when I run out.

on 9/25/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not impressed with Orgasm. The color is great, but it has a lot of shimmer or frostiness to it when on the face. I knew it was shimmery, but it is too much for my everyday taste. I think it's good for special occasions or when you are wearing a full, glamorous face of makeup. I will probably continue to use it to see if my mind changes. I do like laguna. It blends easily and doesn't come across orange. I am NW15, so it is not hard to find a bronzer that shows up on my skin. Usually, I have trouble with too much showing up, but this is easy to blend out if I ever get heavy handed. Like all nars blushes/bronzers, this lasts on your face all day. I am never disappointed with NARS' staying power. I like the duo concept, but just wish I had a different blush that is less frosty. I would however, repurchase laguna on its own.

Popular Bronzers